Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

Family guy vs. South Park

Search this Thread

Old 9/30/09, 08:28 PM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Family Guy if **** hysterical (BTW Lois is hot ), South Park is alright and King of the Hill???? really???? funny????? not so much. I mean I like the show and all but Dale Gribble is the only really funny character on the show IMHO.
Old 9/30/09, 08:46 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by 07S197
Family Guy if **** hysterical (BTW Lois is hot ), South Park is alright and King of the Hill???? really???? funny????? not so much. I mean I like the show and all but Dale Gribble is the only really funny character on the show IMHO.
King of the Hill is funny for me because Hank Hill is just like my older brother. And basically I know or live near every one of those characters in my town. I know Mike Judge is from Texas, and he nailed it with King of the Hill. I've got a friends down the street who talks exactly like Nancy Gribble. Always "shoog" and "hon" with everything. It's kind of creepy.

So maybe you like Family Guy more because you're from New England. I don't know. I think they're both funny as s***.
Old 9/30/09, 08:48 PM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
King of the Hill is funny for me because Hank Hill is just like my older brother. And basically I know or live near every one of those characters in my town. I know Mike Judge is from Texas, and he nailed it with King of the Hill. I've got a friends down the street who talks exactly like Nancy Gribble. Always "shoog" and "hon" with everything. It's kind of creepy.

So maybe you like Family Guy more because you're from New England. I don't know. I think they're both funny as s***.

True.... Family guy is based in RI. I agree King of the Hill is funny, but I just don't belly laugh like I do with Family Guy.
Old 9/30/09, 08:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
King of the Hill and Family Guy are both funny, but in completely different ways. And I like them just about equally. But if I had to pick one of them for a day-long marathon, I'd pick King of the Hill all the way.
Old 9/30/09, 09:34 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Remember the silver scroll episode when Pawtucket Pat was giving away tours of the brewery if you found the silver scroll in your beer. Parody of ***** Wonka.

Well remember when Peter found the scroll and he's running home and he trips right before he gets there and skins his knee. And then proceeds to wince and moan about it for what seems like the next 5 minutes. It just goes on and on and you keep waiting for the commercial break but it doesn't come.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKP6MF8kORI

Sometimes the show can be a little contrived.

Last edited by 2k7gtcs; 9/30/09 at 09:39 PM.
Old 9/30/09, 09:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

I know they do it ironically, but sometimes the running gags get a little old. It's as if they said, "Well crap, we're all out of ideas. Why don't we just have Peter fight that giant chicken for ten minutes."

And now ladies and gentlemen, mister Conway Twitty.

Last edited by zzcoop; 9/30/09 at 09:49 PM.
Old 9/30/09, 10:29 PM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Remember the silver scroll episode when Pawtucket Pat was giving away tours of the brewery if you found the silver scroll in your beer. Parody of ***** Wonka.

Well remember when Peter found the scroll and he's running home and he trips right before he gets there and skins his knee. And then proceeds to wince and moan about it for what seems like the next 5 minutes. It just goes on and on and you keep waiting for the commercial break but it doesn't come.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKP6MF8kORI

Sometimes the show can be a little contrived.
Originally Posted by zzcoop
I know they do it ironically, but sometimes the running gags get a little old. It's as if they said, "Well crap, we're all out of ideas. Why don't we just have Peter fight that giant chicken for ten minutes."

And now ladies and gentlemen, mister Conway Twitty.

Both true.

My personal fav is "Over Over"
Old 10/1/09, 09:53 AM
Bullitt Member

Family guy for me, love Dick Cheney as a walmart greater.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_aNGA206Vs
Old 10/9/09, 03:57 PM
Bullitt Member

That's a solid poll! Family Guy for me. Brian's my hero.
Old 10/9/09, 06:16 PM
My C/T is cooler than Arin is.

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
you know, I used to hate Family Guy, but liked South Park. Now it's the opposite, I can't stand South Park, but always watch Family Guy
Old 10/10/09, 10:34 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Love Family Guy! (Yes, I agree with Jim, Lois is hot!) The only things I am not too fond of are the repetitive "gags" that go on for up to 30 seconds. I think the first time I saw one I laughed, but after that-not so much. Also, Seth and Co. loved to dump on Bush on a regular basis and pretty darn nastily, I might add (With good reason at times)-I wonder if there will be any humour critical of "the anointed one"? My guess is no, no matter how bad he and his administration screws up.

Last edited by Tiberius1701; 10/10/09 at 10:39 AM.
Old 10/16/09, 11:41 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 781 Likes on 570 Posts
south park because they seem to rip on more celebs.
Old 10/21/09, 05:16 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Glenn
south park because they seem to rip on more celebs.
true there I wish they'd do a Cavino & Rich formally Maxim Radio that'd be the Bomb !
Old 10/21/09, 05:27 PM
Swamp Donkey Aficionado

Originally Posted by Tiberius1701
Love Family Guy! (Yes, I agree with Jim, Lois is hot!) The only things I am not too fond of are the repetitive "gags" that go on for up to 30 seconds. I think the first time I saw one I laughed, but after that-not so much. Also, Seth and Co. loved to dump on Bush on a regular basis and pretty darn nastily, I might add (With good reason at times)-I wonder if there will be any humour critical of "the anointed one"? My guess is no, no matter how bad he and his administration screws up.
How dare you! Have you or anyone else ever visited 57 states?! I think not! Just proof that he and his holy teleprompter are better than thou!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpGH02DtIws