Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

End of an era

Search this Thread

Old 8/5/04, 07:30 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Miracle Strip

I went to go bake for a couple days and check out miracle strip before it went away. Like Panama City needs another high rise condo anyway..Closing 9/5 and it has COOL rides like abominable snowmen and dantes inferno.

Beach was lovely, water was filled with jellyfish. GREAT seafood, GREAT seabreeze! GREAT fun, GREAT waterpark!

Good for relaxing and keeping me from doing something stupid.
Old 8/6/04, 08:36 AM
GT Member

I hate when places like this close. Like in NJ, we no longer have any drive in theatres...
Old 8/6/04, 08:58 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by vwAirCooled@August 6, 2004, 9:39 AM
I hate when places like this close. Like in NJ, we no longer have any drive in theatres...
I havent seen one of those since I was five!

I am in the minority- I like the old style hotels and attractions, the new ones just bug me. How many cookie cutter go carts and mini golf and Hi rise condos do you need? PC beach without the starliner is like a chocolate sundae with no cherry on top- it just ain't right!
Old 8/6/04, 11:49 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by EleanorsMine+August 6, 2004, 9:01 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (EleanorsMine @ August 6, 2004, 9:01 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-vwAirCooled@August 6, 2004, 9:39 AM

I am in the minority- I like the old style hotels and attractions, the new ones just bug me. How many cookie cutter go carts and mini golf and Hi rise condos do you need? PC beach without the starliner is like a chocolate sundae with no cherry on top- it just ain't right! [/b][/quote]
I agree. Its becoming no different to go to other states... What I mean is: You go to Texas, and find the same places as in NJ. Why in the world would you build (and go to) an Outback steakhouse in TEXAS?

Basically everything will be the same everywhere you go. How boring. I lived in Palisades Park NJ for a while. This is near where the old Amusement park used to be (Down at Palisades Park). Now its condos. Although that place burned down instead of getting sold.
Old 8/6/04, 12:00 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by vwAirCooled+August 6, 2004, 12:52 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (vwAirCooled @ August 6, 2004, 12:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by EleanorsMine@August 6, 2004, 9:01 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-vwAirCooled
@August 6, 2004, 9:39 AM

I am in the minority- I like the old style hotels and attractions, the new ones just bug me. How many cookie cutter go carts and mini golf and Hi rise condos do you need? PC beach without the starliner is like a chocolate sundae with no cherry on top- it just ain't right!
I agree. Its becoming no different to go to other states... What I mean is: You go to Texas, and find the same places as in NJ. Why in the world would you build (and go to) an Outback steakhouse in TEXAS?

Basically everything will be the same everywhere you go. How boring. I lived in Palisades Park NJ for a while. This is near where the old Amusement park used to be (Down at Palisades Park). Now its condos. Although that place burned down instead of getting sold. [/b][/quote]
ONE original attraction left:
Goofy Golf...
Gone are Petticoat junction(Now a superwalmart), the snakeatorium(now a cookie cutter zoo) and Tombstone Territory(Now a rv park)

Same Stuff on every coastal attraction: Gimmicky seafood places, Wooden Go Cart tracks, Bungee jumps, Dippin Dots disgusting ice cream, a water park and go carts. Ugh. Its getting tedious And I love the beach more than anything.

But the original hotels, that REALLY bugs me, they had character.