Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

Election happenings

Search this Thread

Old 6/24/04, 12:56 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Iacocca Goes for Kerry
For everyone who was planning to vote for Bush becuase they were afraid Kerry would sneak into their garages and steal their hotrods in the middle of the night, Lee Iacocca disagrees.
Old 6/24/04, 02:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

NOT MY HOTROD!!!! TAKE MY WIFE!!!! TAKE MY KIDS!!!! BUT LEAVE MY CAR ALONE!!!
Old 6/24/04, 06:46 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
take my car and the next time you take a dump you are gonna be wiping your rear with a hook!
Old 6/24/04, 07:36 PM
GTR Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by burningman@June 24, 2004, 6:49 PM
take my car and the next time you take a dump you are gonna be wiping your rear with a hook!
That will shoot when you have a bug in your eye....
Old 6/24/04, 09:26 PM
Bullitt Member

maybe i missed something in that article but i didnt see anything about anyone taking away hotrods. all i read about was broadband... oh yeah i forgot al gore "invented" the internet.

i will never vote for a democrat. it's all about the guns. i have em and they want em.
Old 6/25/04, 03:55 AM
Bullitt Member

Amen brother hdwrench! Just try to take them!
Old 6/25/04, 10:26 PM

Kerry is a joke! Just like the majority of politicians in office now. :bang:
Old 6/26/04, 09:57 AM
Mach 1 Member

there are some total Fudge ups in politics today.... like that one guy Jack Ryan and shiznit. his wife is 7 of 9 from startrek... he doesnt deserve hottness like that!
Old 6/26/04, 08:14 PM
GT Member

They will have to pry my last gun out of my cold, dead hand. Owning a gun is my constitutional right, and these commie-liberals need to learn that-even if it is the hard way.
Old 6/26/04, 11:29 PM
Cobra Member

Like they say in Chicago
"Vote early and vote often."

Politics is just a load of, well, ya know...

But Kerry is still waaaaay better than Nader :shudder:
Old 6/27/04, 01:54 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by twincamfxd@June 26, 2004, 8:17 PM
They will have to pry my last gun out of my cold, dead hand. Owning a gun is my constitutional right, and these commie-liberals need to learn that-even if it is the hard way.
Do you plan on organizing a militia also, since that's part of the 2nd Amendment as well?

It always makes me laugh when people totally ignore what kind of climate existed for the creation of such an amendment and how firearms are about 1,000x more effective and efficient as compared to 1791.

However, if all you gun advocates have muskets, they're your right.
Old 6/27/04, 08:32 AM
Bullitt Member

more my style
Old 6/27/04, 07:33 PM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally posted by SVTCobraR315@June 26, 2004, 10:00 AM
there are some total Fudge ups in politics today.... like that one guy Jack Ryan and shiznit. his wife is 7 of 9 from startrek... he doesnt deserve hottness like that!
Ohhhh . . . and he was taking her to sex clubs?! :scratch:
Old 6/27/04, 09:53 PM
GT Member

Do you plan on organizing a militia also, since that's part of the 2nd Amendment as well?
Not likely, but it is there.
The constitution has no bearing on type of gun, just that we can have them.
What the liberal population needs to learn, is if guns are eliminated, the criminals will still have them. They will be brought in in the same manner as all the illegal drugs that they cant seem to get rid of. Then it will be a criminal free for all. I have a right to own a gun, and will never vote for any person that wants to in any way, take away that right.
Old 6/27/04, 10:11 PM
Bullitt Member

i dont think the right of self defense even has to be written down...

if some wants to face an armed car jacker with his fists alone that is his problem.

oh and i'm sure the response will be something like... well if we got rid of all the guns then the car jacker wouldnt have one either.

my response

1. get real
2. criminals will always have guns legal or not... they are CRIMINALS

and if i ever do get car jacked i hope it is by one of those "pimp" fools that learned to shoot a gun from the movies (sideways)

i'm pretty sure that has got to be the absolute least accurate way not to mention most ridiculous way to shoot a gun.
Old 6/27/04, 10:20 PM
GT Member

i'm pretty sure that has got to be the absolute least accurate way not to mention most ridiculous way to shoot a gun.
Yeah, I actually tried that with my ruger 40 cal. Cant hit the broad side of a barn like that. Doesent even look cool.

I get pretty fired up about the gun control issue. I dont think it should even be an issue. What, because Rosie Odonnell says theyre bad we should all throw them away? What's next? freedom of speech? Freedom of religion?

BTW, I would take a modern bullet over a musket ball any day. A musket ball is known to be a horrible way to die. Also, muskets are alot more accurate than people think they are.
Old 6/29/04, 08:06 PM
Cobra Member

The reason people like us own guns is to protect ourselves from criminals who also have guns. Gun control is necessary to a limited extent, IMO. I think the current gun laws, such as the waiting period, background checks, etc., work well enough. Criminals will not voluntarily give up their weapons. Citizens might, if it were made against the law to possess them. But, as said before, the day guns are banned in the US is the day crime will skyrocket. Criminals with guns will know how easy it would be to rob someone. And since the guns are already in their hands, any action now toward the banning of guns would only hurt the innocent, law-abiding citizens who only wish to protect themselves and their families. I'm late jumping in the conversation, but I'm tired of these two pennies jingling in my pocket.

Old 7/3/04, 06:04 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Its proven that people with guns are more likely to be shot during a robbery, then those without them. and if their gun gets in the wrong hands, disaster almost always occurs.
IMO guns are just stupid, especially in the society that we live in. we are being bombarded with fear on our television sets, and our newspapers. its no wonder people believe they need guns. i live in east los angeles, one of the well known "criminal" cities in the u.s. and i'm not blinded by all the idiotic fear images to get me to consume and to pizz my pants. it's ridiculous how many deaths by shotguns we have in this country when compared to everyother first world country in the world. down with guns i say!
IMO its ridiculous to say that the right of owning guns is as important as the right of free speech/ religion.

i agree that kerry isnt the best candidate, but this election is about picking the less of two evil's, and bush has done enough damage.
Old 7/3/04, 06:08 PM
Cobra Member

Old 7/3/04, 07:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by thezeppelin8@July 3, 2004, 6:07 PM
Its proven that people with guns are more likely to be shot during a robbery, then those without them. and if their gun gets in the wrong hands, disaster almost always occurs.
IMO guns are just stupid, especially in the society that we live in. we are being bombarded with fear on our television sets, and our newspapers. its no wonder people believe they need guns. i live in east los angeles, one of the well known "criminal" cities in the u.s. and i'm not blinded by all the idiotic fear images to get me to consume and to pizz my pants. it's ridiculous how many deaths by shotguns we have in this country when compared to everyother first world country in the world. down with guns i say!
IMO its ridiculous to say that the right of owning guns is as important as the right of free speech/ religion.

i agree that kerry isnt the best candidate, but this election is about picking the less of two evil's, and bush has done enough damage.
ok show me the stats.

Quick Reply: Election happenings