Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat
View Poll Results: YOUR GUESS! The Insurance Claim on my Damage Will Pay How Much???
More Than I Expect!
0%
About What I Expect!
0%
About Half What I Expect!
66.67%
About a Quarter of What I Expect!
33.33%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Early Morning FIRE Next Door to 05STANGKC'S Back Yard & Cars

Search this Thread

Old 11/21/23, 09:51 AM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,588 Likes on 1,915 Posts

About 5:00 A.M.

I was up Using the Facilities When I Noticed a Bright Light From the Back Yard! I Opened The Window an The Neighbors Shop Was a Blazing! I Got Dressed And Headed Out And Kept Hearing Sounds Like Bullets Going Off So I Waited For those To Stop and Went Out Back! I Have Cars Along the Fence Line and the Heat Was So Bad It Melted Some of the Cars Tallights Etc.

Neighbors Ok But Likely a Life Changing Event Due to Age of Buildings and Owners! Sad Day! Here Are Some Shots I Got!

I Have Been in the Process of Weeding and Reorganizing But I Am Working Opposite Side of Property at The Moment! We Had a Little Rain Which Helped a Bit a Few Days Ago! Had One Car Caught Likely All Would Have Gone Up!

Damage Was Minimal to Us Compared to Our Neighbors. My Heart goes Out to Them as They Lost Shop And Mobile Home They Were Living In! It's A Father & Son Age 80's & 60's. Son Takes Care of Father for the Most Part!

Kc

KC

64 Polara All Taillights Toasted Off to Right!

67 Ltd Fastback Taillight Toasted!

71 Challenger Got Toasted!

71 Challenger & 74 Charger SE No Time To Move Them!

74 Charger!

74 Charger!

Flames Were Hot & High!

67 Ltd Fastback

Light of Day! 67 LTD & 64 Polara!

2010 Crown Vic! TOASTED!

Light of Day! Ruins! FENCE Divides Property!

64 Polara Melted Taillights! Andrew

Smoking Shop!
The following users liked this post:
NC14GT (11/21/23)
Old 11/21/23, 10:42 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1,509 Likes on 1,031 Posts
wow ... major bummer!

no people hurt I hope
Old 11/21/23, 11:10 AM

Nobody Hurt!

God Bless Our Neighbors & Our Great Fire Fighters! Mgb, KC BE SAFE OUT THERE!

KC

Sea Trains On Right Are My Property! Too Close For Comfort! Front House OK! Little White Wagon Was My Mother in Laws Last Car! 80k 92 White Mercury Tracer Wagon! Sold To Neighbor about 5 Years Ago!

Mobile Home Now Unlivable Shop is Total Loss!

Smoke Everywhere!

Just About Gone!
NC14GT (11/21/23)
Old 11/21/23, 02:50 PM
Gotta Have it Green Fanatic Official TMS Travel Guide

Received 959 Likes on 586 Posts
Excellent photos which really tell the story. So sad for everyone. My heart skipped a beat seeing those 70's Dodges so close.
Old 11/21/23, 03:53 PM

I Could Not Bring Myself To Post The Toasted 71 Challenger Pic! I Don't Want to See It Down The Road When I View This Thread! To Give You And Idea The Right Rear Sidemaker is Melted as Well as Wheel Center Cap! The Paint Is Peeling off the Quarter Panel! It Should Have Been in a Better Location It Was Supposed to Be Temporary While I Was Getting My Shop Squared Away But With My Health Issues I Move slow As Molasses on Physical Tasks!

The 64 Dodge Was a Gift From My Late Son To Me and I Would Have Been Devistated if It Had Gone Up!

I Have Weeded Area Though So Insurance Adjuster can See Everything Better. I Will Write My Own Estimate List Before They Show! Hope They Know Old Cars! The Gamut is From 1964-2010! Fire Sure gets Your Attention on How Powerful and Destructive it Can Be! The Adrenilin Today Has Powered Me Through The Day! And 3 Energy Drinks! I feel Energy Crash Coming Up Fast!

I'm Finding Aerosol Can Bottoms In My Yard From Them Exploding!

KC
The following 2 users liked this post by 05stangkc:
NC14GT (11/21/23), shaneyusa (11/21/23)
Old 11/21/23, 05:05 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,191 Likes on 1,634 Posts
Wow sorry for everyone involved but very glad to not read of any injuries!
NC14GT (11/21/23)
Old 11/21/23, 05:42 PM

^^ Yes, the most important thing of all.
Old 11/21/23, 07:48 PM

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
wow-so sorry, glad you are ok. best and prayers
NC14GT (11/22/23)
Old 11/21/23, 10:23 PM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,088 Likes on 788 Posts
Wow!!! This was not good but could have been so much worse. Great photos! Yes it is amazing how hot and quick a fire can change our lives. Glad to hear no real injuries to the living. Sorry for the Toasting of a few of your classics. Hoping for a generous insurance person to make this right for you.
NC14GT (11/22/23)
Old 11/22/23, 11:43 AM

Hosed All The Cars on Death Row Down. It Only Took 200ft of Garden Hose! Working Towards Parts List For Damage on Cars!

Neighbor In Front House is On Shared Well With Burnt House & Had To Get Makeshift Water Pump Wiring To Get Back Up & Running! Successful Job This A.M. First task Was Hosing Down Still Smoldering Bias Ply Tire Carcasses Neighbor Had In Barn!

KC
Old 11/23/23, 10:04 AM
Mustang Sally Tms Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by 05stangkc
I Could Not Bring Myself To Post The Toasted 71 Challenger Pic! I Don't Want to See It Down The Road When I View This Thread! To Give You And Idea The Right Rear Sidemaker is Melted as Well as Wheel Center Cap! The Paint Is Peeling off the Quarter Panel! It Should Have Been in a Better Location It Was Supposed to Be Temporary While I Was Getting My Shop Squared Away But With My Health Issues I Move slow As Molasses on Physical Tasks!

The 64 Dodge Was a Gift From My Late Son To Me and I Would Have Been Devistated if It Had Gone Up!

I Have Weeded Area Though So Insurance Adjuster can See Everything Better. I Will Write My Own Estimate List Before They Show! Hope They Know Old Cars! The Gamut is From 1964-2010! Fire Sure gets Your Attention on How Powerful and Destructive it Can Be! The Adrenilin Today Has Powered Me Through The Day! And 3 Energy Drinks! I feel Energy Crash Coming Up Fast!

I'm Finding Aerosol Can Bottoms In My Yard From Them Exploding!

KC
What a devastating thing to see and experience! I would be happy to donate to a gofundme site for your neighbors if they get one. So sad to hear of the damage to your treasured cars as well. I know that hurts deeply and that you will have to battle for fair market value with your insurance person. Of course, they will know who they are dealing with and hopefully defer to your car knowledge. We had a random sunny day last week, with roads clear, so I took my car out of storage for the day. I took a run with my bestie to Door County and we played "Mustang Sally" 3 times on the way. I am especially thankful today that you and your neighbors made it out OK.
NC14GT (11/24/23)
Old 11/23/23, 11:20 AM

Mary,

You Are Too Kind! I Will Refrain From Talking About My Holiday & Car Issues and Say Happy You Got Sally Out on the Road!

Best Regards,

Kc
NC14GT (11/24/23)
Old 4/5/24, 11:07 AM

Still Waiting on an Adjuster To Come Out & Look At The Cars! Have Become Friends With The Claims Gal Back in Oklahoma. She Mentioned She Had A 98 Town & Country Van They Could Not Find a Part For & Had Be Searching For Months For. 20 Minutes Later I Found two Used Ones. the Shop Poo Pooed That & Said it Had To Be New Because it Was a Certain Module. So Another Ten Minutes & I Pointed Her To A-1 Cardone Who Will Rebuild & Reprogram Her Existing Module or One of the Used Ones! Verified on Their Site it Was One They Service! Really the Shop Took Months To Keep Saying No & I Got it Handled in Under an Hour. Aye Carumba!

Now About My Claim! Oh And They Took Quite awhile Just to Say They Would Pay A Claim! Otherwise it would have been on my Policy!

Just Write Me a Check! Throw Out a Number Anything! Really It's Time!

Meanwhile Next Door it's Become a Homeless Community as The Neighbors {Clean Up Crew} Read That {Fringe Relatives} Has Lots of Friends& I get to See Daily Drama! I Been Mowing The Front Yard To Keep it From Looking Like a Jungle as The Brother on the Front Half of The Property Moved On & Out! No Power No Water. I Let Them Use My Side Water Faucet For Water. Better To Get Along I Say!

Back Half Still a Burned Out But A Bit Cleared Out Mess!

SPEAK OF THE DEVIL! Just Got A Call! Adjuster Coming Over Now!

KC
Old 4/5/24, 01:03 PM

@NC14GT

No Dollar Amount Just What I Would Be Happy With as an Educated Guess to Damage on My Part!

Dave,

AKA NC Says He Likes The Polls! So Here You Go!

Just Added Go to Top of Page 1

KC
NC14GT (4/6/24)
Old 4/6/24, 06:22 AM

^^ They always come in LOW and then end up giving close to what you want. You have to counter though. They always hope that folks accept the first one. I voted 'half'.
Also sorry about your neighbor situation. I hope it improves for you.
Old 4/20/24, 08:30 AM

I Ended Up Mowing The Next Door Neighbors Property Front & Back! I Love To Mow! Back Half Had Not Been Done Since Fire! Also Repaired Mailbox Which Was About Ready To Fall Off Mount Over There. Like To Be The Good Neighbor!

I Was Out Selling Some NOS Gm Truck Parts After a Cleaning And Killing the Biggest Fattest Black Widow Spider Hiding in a Header Panel. The Parts were From From The Late 50's and They Went To My Good Friend Elroy The Coffin Muffler Man on Friday and of Course That's When the Insurance Company Called & Wanted To Go Over the Payments For the Damage. Only Been 5 Months! I'm almost always Home! With a 3 Hour Time Difference I Did Not Make The Connection in Time But I Need Some Paperwork To Go Over Not Just a Phone Call So I Emailed I Needed Copies! We Shall See What They Offer on Monday or Tuesday Meanwhile Me & The Wife be Wondering over The Weekend!

KC
NC14GT (4/21/24)