Old 11/3/04, 09:56 AM
GTR Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Bring in the UN HaHaHa!!
Old 11/3/04, 10:01 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 670 Likes on 542 Posts
Originally posted by ItsNotABulliT@November 3, 2004, 10:22 AM
I voted, not one of the people I voted for are making a run at winning, not statewide nor nationwide, should I vote in the next elections after such a feeling of this being meaningless?

And Yes Im Republican and Yes I voted for Kerry.....LMAO
YES!!!!! x1000

So it happened that this time it didn't work out your way. That's bound to happen from time to time.

But if everyone who had one "bad" vote felt that it was a waste, nobody would vote. And that would be a shame. No worse, it would be a travesty, a nightmare. :shock:

Besides if you don't vote, you the really have no right to complain one way or the other, do you? Apathy isn't the greatest thing...

I don't wanna get too preachy, but I really don't understand why everyone doesn't vote. It's just such a great thing, a great responsibility, and a great privledge. It's not a right, but something the founding fathers, and those who fought before them, and those who fought and still fight today, have made possible.

To say any vote is a waste is to say that voting doesn't matter. It does. It's what makes countries where people vote great. As long as the elections are fair, and not corrupted, these are the greatest countries on the planet, indeed, the universe as we know it. :yes:

So please! Do not despair! Every vote's important! It could be THE ONE vote that makes or breaks the decision! Wouldn't you like to think that it was YOU personally that did that?

Dang, I feel patriotic!!! GO USA!!!!!!!!!11!!!1!!!eleven.

:usa: :flag2: :usa:

And for good measure:

:tex:

And prolly a is in order...
Old 11/3/04, 10:03 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Allrighty then.. all you voters need to come to bammy and vote us a lotto.

Love the Georgia lotto commercials- THANK YOU ALABAMA!
Old 11/3/04, 10:14 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by Maverick128+November 3, 2004, 10:56 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Maverick128 @ November 3, 2004, 10:56 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by houtex@November 3, 2004, 10:19 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Maverick128
@November 3, 2004, 6:36 AM
Except Al Gore actualy won last time. I still don't trust those electronic voting machines in Florida. Check Michaelmoore.com for voter complaints. May God have mercy on your souls. :notnice:

Oh, I know I'm gonna be beat for this, but I can't let all that just lie there. Please don't shoot me. I'm just asking:

So are you saying you would trust mechanical ones? 'Cause that's what happened in Florida, right?

Here's a seperate outside the US website that discusses the problems with Diebold voting machines.

Diebold Backdoor Code

I'm saying that for a newer technology, this has a heck of a lot of problems and the people probably would have been better off with standard paper ballots. Truthfully, I don't believe any election is safe unless it is supervised by an outside party. [/b][/quote]
Yeah, it does kinda siphon that there can be problems. But like anything, it's easier to destroy than create. I think FL should have looked at the ESlates we got here in Houston. Or is that the same thing/issue/related/huh? I truly don't know...

Did they ever get fixed, BTW? 'Cause the headlines read Sep 2004... I hope so.

I'm wondering which outside parties to have monitor our elections. I mean, the UN is monitoring the Afghan and Iraqi elections... Why couldn't they monitor them all? Not just US, but UK, Australia, Japan, Germany, you name it...

I personally don't see the problem with that, really. It's just watchdoggin'. Who has a good argument against being certain? Heck, the UN monitors can be corrupted as easily as anyone...

I don't think there's any good fix for the problem you bring up. This could go on for many posts... So I think I'm gonna eject on this one after this post... Yeah, that's probably best...

So... Anybody have a thought on Cheez Whiz? I myself find it disgustingly good...
Old 11/3/04, 10:17 AM
Queen Of Nascar

You are right, a lottery is a good thing IMO. We finally got one in SC and they are actually really using the money to buy new school buses and the lottery scholarships are helping alot of students that would not otherwise be able to go to college. It just took forever to get our lawmakers to approve it. I want to win the POWERBALL jackpot.
Old 11/3/04, 10:26 AM
GTR Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Dr Iven@November 3, 2004, 11:25 AM
It's over! Kerry conceded and it wasn't rushed. He gave it plenty of thought, spoke with his senior council, etc., and came to the conclusion that Bush won.

I must say I gained some respect for Kerry with this. :yes:

:usa:
I agree. He put the country ahead. He did the honorable thing.

Something interesting I just noticed too. PA lost 2 electoral votes since 2000, and Florida gained 2. Other states gained and lost some as well.
Old 11/3/04, 10:41 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
Well back to Mustangs then.
Speaking of which, a coworker of mine (who knows I want a Satin Silver GT) went out the other day and decided to buy one. Not fair. I think I need to win the lottery.
Old 11/3/04, 11:58 AM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
One other personal observation. I think the outcome of this election put the partisan media and celebrities on notice, if not their place. I see nothing wrong with making a business flourish or a personal agenda promoted, but not at the expense of priciples and honor. If they are smart, this should be a priceless experience for them.
Old 11/3/04, 12:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yes I did
Old 11/3/04, 12:11 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I don't believe it. John Kerry is actually showing some class. Hoorah for him. I'm a little proud of that.
Old 11/3/04, 12:13 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by 1 BULLITT@November 3, 2004, 2:01 PM
One other personal observation. I think the outcome of this election put the partisan media and celebrities on notice, if not their place. I see nothing wrong with making a business flourish or a personal agenda promoted, but not at the expense of priciples and honor. If they are smart, this should be a priceless experience for them.
Dangit, and some of those people I used to like too!(Dave Matthews!). Now they can go stick it.
Old 11/3/04, 12:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

...and to think I stayed up until after 2 am to watch that mess.

Although I strongly supported Kerry I'm not sure why everyone thought he was going to win. I just knew the little dubya would win. :notnice:
Old 11/3/04, 01:01 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by EleanorsMine+November 3, 2004, 1:16 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (EleanorsMine @ November 3, 2004, 1:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-1 BULLITT@November 3, 2004, 2:01 PM
Dangit, and some of those people I used to like too!(Dave Matthews!). Now they can go stick it. [/b][/quote]
I know what you mean. But I usually do not let politics get in the way of what I like, unless they push it on me. What I mean, is for instance, my mom voted for Kerry. Despite our poticial differences, I will still love her.

I am a little tainted about some of the bands, but I wil still probably listen to them anyway. I listen for their music not their political views. But if they started to sing about politics, I would most likely stay clear. There's a reason they have a day job.

I also don't think a band should push their views on voters. I think they should say "Vote" not "Vote for this guy." Use your influence to teach people how to learn, not to tell people how to think.
Old 11/3/04, 01:08 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

For 85 thousand months, I lived and breathed DMB, I was on their announcement list..........UNTIL they started sending me all these email about why I had to vote for Kerry or else. That did it.
Old 11/3/04, 01:18 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
DMB says: "What would you say?"

ElenorsMine says "Take that you hippie!"

One of my buddies used to be friends with Dave. They would hang out when he was in town. I have not talked to him in a while so I am not sure if they still hang or not.
Old 11/3/04, 01:28 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by Kluski@November 3, 2004, 3:21 PM
DMB says: "What would you say?"

ElenorsMine says "Take that you hippie!"

One of my buddies used to be friends with Dave. They would hang out when he was in town. I have not talked to him in a while so I am not sure if they still hang or not.
Once I attended one of their shows. After having to go through the ticket lotto and all that other PITABS We were the only two people there over 20 and not stoned. And then to add insult, he didn't even play ants marching.
This was the year that crapola CD everyday came out.

If you are into it, locate the lillywhite bootleg. its grand.

Maybe all the coattail riders will go back in their holes now.
Old 11/3/04, 02:01 PM
Legacy TMS Member

/me wonders wherever are the Dixie Chicks...
Old 11/3/04, 02:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by mr-mstng+November 3, 2004, 11:29 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mr-mstng @ November 3, 2004, 11:29 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Dr Iven@November 3, 2004, 11:25 AM
It's over! Kerry conceded and it wasn't rushed. He gave it plenty of thought, spoke with his senior council, etc., and came to the conclusion that Bush won.

I must say I gained some respect for Kerry with this. :yes:

I agree. He put the country ahead. He did the honorable thing.

Something interesting I just noticed too. PA lost 2 electoral votes since 2000, and Florida gained 2. Other states gained and lost some as well. [/b][/quote]
I just read on another board yesterday that the States that Bush won in 2000 carried like 17 more electoral votes this time around. Thats a pretty big difference.

Anyway, my Uncle told me that when he went to vote his name was listed twice ....

:shock:
Old 11/3/04, 02:38 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Originally posted by JZInternet@November 3, 2004, 2:29 PM
...and to think I stayed up until after 2 am to watch that mess.

You too, huh? I stayed up to 3:30 am hoping for a conclusion then had to get up at 6:00 am. The intrigue got the best of me and I paid the price for it all day long.

From now you guys can call me 1 DUMMY.

Old 11/3/04, 02:42 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I went to bed at 11:30..... I had some sense about me because i had to be up at five o frigging clock. It all came out in the end anyhow.

Quick Reply: Did you Vote Today?