Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

Dale Earnhardt Movie

Search this Thread

Old 12/6/04, 08:11 PM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
I know this doesn't fall directly under Ford Motorsports, but I'm using my Moderator Powers and posting here anyway! EDIT: (And have since moved to 'Off-Topic' to garner more attention for discussion . . . if warrented.)

Is anyone planning on watching the ESPN movie? I'm sure it will be replayed numerous times over the winter as well, and I think ESPN is releasing the movie on DVD.

I grew up watching NASCAR, my Father, and Grandfather worked for Ford Motor Company, so I am a die-hard Ford nut. I hated Earnhardt growing up, but always respected him. Sometime the "Enemy" garners your respect when warrented. (And he did drive a T-bird for 1.5 years! )

I used to love to watch #3 and #9 (Bill Elliott Coors Thunderbird) battle on the track.

I've heard the movie is getting pretty good reviews.
Old 12/7/04, 05:30 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I used to Be Earnhardt's Superfan..........So yes I will be watching. I have not watched a full race since that day... And it hasn't been the same.
Old 12/7/04, 05:56 AM
Queen Of Nascar

I will be watching. Always a Earnhardt fan and now a Dale Jr. fan. That was a very sad day but the name lives on with Dale Jr. I really really like Ryan Newman, Kasey Khane, Jeremy Mayfield, Jamie McMurray and the list goes on and on..........Not making my list is Jeff Gordon. I think it kinda stems from a rivalry between my parents.. they are huge Gordon Fans. I think I pull for people I like, not brand dealers.

I have been wondering if this movie is endorsed by Teresa & Dale. I would like to hear their reactions.
Old 12/7/04, 06:04 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Not that I am not in lust with ole Junya...........

When I lived in Mooresville/Davidson that was the best...........At the Coddle creek grocery I would see him all the time. Regular guy if you werent blasting him for an autograph...

Used to see all of them around all the time, but Earhnardt was special.
Old 12/7/04, 07:14 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
hmm gotta check local listings, i saw commercials n i reaaaaaly wanna see it. it loox real cool
Old 12/8/04, 04:59 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

TiVo better not screw me again. It didn't record the grinch for me the other night. Never let me down before.
Old 12/9/04, 12:27 AM

My father and I are big Earnhardt fans both Sr. God rest him and Jr. My Grandfather was also a big fan or Sr. When Dale passed it was kinda like losing my Grandfather all over again Dale was and is one of my hero's so much so that after his death I had his number forever tattooed on my right bicep enshrouded in a tat I designed myself. My family is really looking forward to this movie hopefully it does The Myth, The Man, and The Legend justice.

Joe F.
Old 12/12/04, 12:07 AM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
just finished the movie. wow. its just great. im gonna ****** it up as soon as it comes out on DVD (14th). i swear that was one of the most amazing movies i've ever seen. its hard to admit this but this was the only movie i've EVER cried while watching. even a little bit. sure it was a sniff and a few drops, but for me, thats a lot for a movie. i recomend you all buy it. i'm....speechless....

:drive: Dale Sr. may your soul rest in peace.
Old 12/12/04, 08:42 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I missed the first 30 because I forgot to tivo it...Went up and stuckthe 11 Pm showing in there, will watch soon.

I hate the whole thing........ :bang: And its irrational, but I have despised Sterling Marlin since. I blame him. I haven't even sat and watched a race for more than ten minutes since then.

Fortunately the last race I ever went to was Dega in October 2000. That was spectacular.
Old 12/13/04, 08:24 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally posted by future9er24@December 12, 2004, 1:10 AM
just finished the movie. wow. its just great. im gonna ****** it up as soon as it comes out on DVD (14th). i swear that was one of the most amazing movies i've ever seen. its hard to admit this but this was the only movie i've EVER cried while watching. even a little bit. sure it was a sniff and a few drops, but for me, thats a lot for a movie. i recomend you all buy it. i'm....speechless....

:drive: Dale Sr. may your soul rest in peace.
Yeah, I got a little teary-eyed at the end with his father.
Old 12/13/04, 08:49 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Does this mean I don't wanna watch it? I am embarassed but when he got killed I cried for 3 days literally...I was in a total funk.
Old 12/13/04, 09:01 AM
Post *****

And its irrational, but I have despised Sterling Marlin since. I blame him.
Are you serious, or just joking? Just curious. :scratch:
Old 12/13/04, 09:09 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by Evil_Capri@December 13, 2004, 11:04 AM
Well............I just don't like him........Never did before mind you.......Still don't now. That was one of the worst things to ever happen. I hated it. Don't kill me for my opinions. I was one of those embarassing 3 fans who kept the Earnhardt chevy Dealer badge put on over the real dealer badges on my cars. Yea, yea, not the smartest.......I get it.
Moot point because I no longer watch racing and sold my excellent Nascar collection off on Ebay.
Old 12/13/04, 10:43 AM
Queen Of Nascar

I enjoyed the movie. You could tell it was cheaply made but then again its not like I had to pay money to see it.
Old 12/13/04, 10:50 AM
Post *****

Originally posted by EleanorsMine+December 13, 2004, 12:12 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (EleanorsMine @ December 13, 2004, 12:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Evil_Capri@December 13, 2004, 11:04 AM
Well............I just don't like him........Never did before mind you.......Still don't now. That was one of the worst things to ever happen. I hated it. Don't kill me for my opinions. I was one of those embarassing 3 fans who kept the Earnhardt chevy Dealer badge put on over the real dealer badges on my cars. Yea, yea, not the smartest.......I get it.
Moot point because I no longer watch racing and sold my excellent Nascar collection off on Ebay. [/b][/quote]
I wouldn't "flame" you for your opinions, you should know me (what little you know of me ) better than that. I was just curious.
Old 12/21/04, 09:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

no offence 2 any earnhardt fans but........................ i didnt like the movie