Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

dagnabbit!

Search this Thread

Old 12/12/04, 08:32 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hubby and I both have computers= I use mine for work and to screw around on. He uses his for the same....this is how I am posting...we don't share well. Kids have one too, but that one is all big brothered up so they can't look at anything fun on the net.

I got a new one in July. This morning when I went to turn it on, IT frigging wouldn't. I think the stupid power supply is fried. No fans, no tricks no nothing. I think its still under warranty.......but still! And I never do anything with it but work, come here, listen to music and load pictures.

Would not be a big deal, but every stick of work I do is on it. Without it I am lost. All my reports, you name it-- my mustang pictures, pictures of big red I took last week(torch red v6. love it).pictures of the kids, all my outlook email my favorite places- I use straight IE so............

Hubby is a computer wizard, problem is, he is driving back home now, and can't fix it for me. I am sneaking on his super lan boy(don't laugh) which I am not allowed on because its his super mega lan party very cool clear blue light and skulls computer I wish I had. When he gets home sometime this morning he is going to be tired, and we have to go Christmas shopping. GRR!!!

Dadblastit, and I can't get a new one from my work because I just got a new one from my work!!!!!

I am so screwed if he can't bring mine back up. BTW, its a basic staples model made by wtf knows.. I keep my work for proof I did my work!!
Old 12/12/04, 01:02 PM
Queen Of Nascar

If its only the power supply it should not be much to repair. I had to have the power supply fixed in mine recently and it only cost like $60. Good Luck.
Old 12/12/04, 06:15 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Man its good to have a man back in the house again!

He got home and we picked up a power supply and I am back in bidness $39 and 3 minutes.
Old 12/12/04, 07:17 PM
Queen Of Nascar

Old 12/12/04, 11:41 PM
Bullitt Member

just in case, I would suggest backing up all your important files on to disc. A CD-R works, fine, but if you have the funds, invest in a DVD burner. You can fit huge amounts of data on a single disc (4.7 gigs), and you can also make direct "backups" of movies that you "own".
Old 12/13/04, 07:03 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

This thing came with a dvd burner. I admit I have never used it. Only thing not backed up is my outlook express mail for work. I have not figured out how to back that up

Sooooooo happy to have my husband and computer back!!!!! He was in NY all week converting Fleet bank to Washington Mutual.