Old 12/28/07, 09:46 AM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CS is at it again

http://www.news-journal.com/news/con..._donation.html
Old 12/28/07, 11:02 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
"North East Texas Community College is gearing up it's automotive technology building and revamping it's automotive program after getting more than half-a-million dollar donation from Automobile Hall of Fame inductee, Carroll Shelby..."

That's a very generous ($525,000.00) donation, and to revamp an automotive program no less! It should do wonders for Carroll Shelby's legacy.

Imagine what would be accomplished if the same amount were to be applied towards saving a child's life.

Thanks for posting Mark.
Old 12/29/07, 01:33 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT
Imagine what would be accomplished if the same amount were to be applied towards saving a child's life.
Its his money, He can do with it what he pleases. It not really fair to compare the worthieness of charitable giving.....saying one cause is better than another....for as much as I disllike Carrol as a man, you cant say that about anyone...Its like me telling you that the $100K you spent on both of your GT500s could have saved a child's life....well of course it could have, but its your money and you choose where it goes.
Old 12/29/07, 02:18 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
probably a nice write off
Old 12/29/07, 06:52 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Originally Posted by codeman94
... It not really fair to compare the worthieness of charitable giving...
It most certainly is. The door has been opened countless times by Shelby and associates with respect to charities brought forth for the purpose of generating donations and the benefits of publicity. Unfortunately for them accountability comes with the territory. You might like to refresh your memory by visiting Google and search under the appropriate foundation's heading.
Its like me telling you that the $100K you spent on both of your GT500s could have saved a child's life...
You will not find a single reference on any of my posts gloating how I have offered, contributed, or provided financial or other forms of assistance to anyone who was in need. It would have defeated the purpose of the gesture, and worst, it would lower the standards I've set for myself. I am not one to reminisce or second guess myself but had I been a bit more selfish with my decisions I would be in a better position than I am in now although I have no regrets. It's all water under the bridge.
Old 12/29/07, 07:15 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT
You will not find a single reference on any of my posts gloating how I have offered, contributed, or provided financial or other forms of assistance to anyone who was in need.
ok...Your beef is with him tooting his horn...I gottchya.