Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

C&L CAI and my Xcal 2 STOLEN!!!

Search this Thread

Old 8/31/06, 12:01 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts
Angry C&L CAI and my Xcal 2 STOLEN!!!

Well, so much for my Bamachips tunes, Xcal2, and C&L CAI.

UPS website tracker informed me that my package was delivered today and was left on my porch.

I get home from work, make a beeline for the porch, and guess what: It's EMPTY. NO boxes. NO ANYTHING.

I AM SO FREAKING ****ED I CAN'T SEE STRAIGHT.

I called UPS in the event that the package was delivered to another house by mistake - no go. The driver insists that he delivered the package to my house. I made them check three times. The rude UPS wench on the phone bluntly told me that it must have been stolen and that since THEY had "delivered" it (still am not convinced of THAT) they aren't responsible for anything.

I'm going to try tomorrow to file a claim on their "1-800-PICK UPS" number but I'm not hopeful of success.

Homeowners insurance doesn't cover "automobile accessories" so there is no point in filing a claim.

I'm going to file a police report - fat lot of good THAT will do.

I AM SO FREAKING ****ED I CAN'T SEE STRAIGHT!!!!! G**D**** IT!!!!

A word to the wise: NEVER have UPS just leave your stuff on the porch. My Bamachips goodies are probably on eBay at this very moment.

SON OF A !!!!
Old 8/31/06, 12:09 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can't believe that crap. I don't believe that UPS would just leave something that expensive on the porch with no signature or anything. Contact the seller and see if he got insurance on the package, that should cover it if he did.

I thought they would have to get a signature on something over a certain $ amount. I've had UPS leave a note on my door before saying they attempted but nobody home, and to call them to reschedule a dropoff.
Old 8/31/06, 12:13 AM
Team Mustang Source

I think I would hurt someone if I found out who took it. Hurt badly. Don't mess with my car parts!!
Old 8/31/06, 06:20 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did you pay with your charge card? You can contact them and they will likely debit the amount back because you did not receive it.
btw - file a police report too.
Old 8/31/06, 06:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

Yeah, either your credit card company should cover it, or your homeowner's insurance. Your homeowner's should cover anything taken off your property. For instance, my mom's homeowner's covered it when I had stuff stolen out of my car while it was at her house.
Old 8/31/06, 07:15 AM
Cobra Member

If you don't believe they'd just leave something there, think again. I bought $1600 worth of wheels and tires for my '98. I verified with the shipper, and they said they will ONLY ship signature required. Insurance for the package was included in their shipping charges. I called UPS and told them that I was not going to be home to sign, but that my sister would be around. They said that was fine, that she could sign for the package. So.. I asked her to listen for the doorbell, and to sign for the packages, and have the guy put them in the garage. Well... I got home that evening, and sure enough, there were 4 boxes in the driveway.... just out in the middle of the driveway, and my sister said she never heard anyone come to the door. I had half a mind to call UPS and act like they weren't there when I got home, knowing that they'd be buying me a second set.... simply becuase signature was required, and nobody signed for them. My neighber then worked for UPS for a hundred years and when I told him the story, he told me I should have done exactly that.... even working for them, that's what he would have done, because they have proceedures for that and the driver was being lazy.
Old 8/31/06, 08:10 AM
Cobra Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
I had just the opposite experience with UPS when I ordered my snow tires from the tirerack.com. I expected that he would just bring them to the front door of my appartment building. But he offered to help me bring them all the way to my parking spot in the underground parking.

I thought that was very nice of him.

But your story is exactly why i'm having my splash gaurds and bumper foam sent to my work.
Old 8/31/06, 08:11 AM
Cobra Member

Both the UPS and FedEx guys here climb about three steps and just toss my Stuff up near my door. I live in an apartment. Its pretty annoying. Maybe the company needs to cut down the work load on the drivers, I know when my buddy worked for FedEx he would be so busy on his route, he couldn't take any breaks to finish on time.
Old 8/31/06, 08:47 AM
Bullitt Member

I had that happen to me with a golf club. I was home all day and I would have heard the truck. I think the driver took it or left it at the wrong house. Any way, UPS wouldn't help me, they said that the shipper had to submit a claim and they would re-emburse him. The shipper wasn't too motivated to help but he eventually got paid by UPS and refunded me. It was a real pain in the a**.
Old 8/31/06, 09:31 AM
Legacy TMS Member

The shipper is Doug from Bamachips.

Tried to PM him here but his mailbox is full.

I know I have his phone number here somewhere, maybe someone can help?
Old 8/31/06, 09:48 AM
Bullitt Member

Bamachips
11728 hwy 195
Jasper, Alabama
205-302-0231
Old 8/31/06, 10:19 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by theedge67
I've had UPS leave a note on my door before saying they attempted but nobody home, and to call them to reschedule a dropoff.
Exactly.......IMO UPS is liable for theft of your item if they just leave it. USPS doesn't just leave packages unnattended, why should UPS be any different?
Old 8/31/06, 10:32 AM
9 is not my lucky number.

My dad sent his Walther PPK pistol back to Walther for repairs about 6 months ago. When Walther sent it back nobody was home, so UPS LEFT IT ON THE PORCH!!! It had a signature sticker on the box saying someone 21 had to sign it and everything and UPS just left it there.
Old 8/31/06, 10:42 AM
FR500 Member

yea, ups made me sign for a package the other day. it wasnt anything i bought either. it was a free motorola razr that i won from that pepsi contest with the caps. i had to sign for that soooo its gotta be the drivers
Old 8/31/06, 10:46 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

OK, this is what I know about UPS. They are not SUPPOSED to leave packages on porches etc, but they do. It's called Driver Release. What does it say on UPS' tracking page? (What is the Tracking #?) Does the location say PORCH or something like that? If so the Driver Released the package and UPS is responsible for that package.
Don't let them BS you. I have had that very thing happen to me. My son's birthday present was stolen off my front porch. I called the Sender (LEGO in this case) and they immediately shipped me a replacement. It is the Shipper's responsibility to file a claim as you never took possession of it.
Try to contact Doug and see if he will ship you another set out and then he will have to file a claim with UPS.
Have him ship the next one Signature Release ONLY.
I hope it all works out for you.
Old 8/31/06, 11:21 AM
V6 Member

I agree which is to say that UPS can NOT just leave something and then state they are no longer responsible if it's missing. If that were the case then some drivers could simply sign for things stating that they delieved them but just kept them for themselves.

UPS is responsible and if that don't work then hound the vendor. While the vendor don't have much control over the driver they can insist that who ever delivers their products get positive ID and signature or that they will hold the shipping company liable.

It's still a business and the vendor is responsible until the customer has the product in their hands so they too, the vendor, hold some responsiblity, it's called "doing business"...
Old 8/31/06, 11:24 AM
eci
Banned

Originally Posted by theedge67
I can't believe that crap. I don't believe that UPS would just leave something that expensive on the porch with no signature or anything. Contact the seller and see if he got insurance on the package, that should cover it if he did.

I thought they would have to get a signature on something over a certain $ amount. I've had UPS leave a note on my door before saying they attempted but nobody home, and to call them to reschedule a dropoff.
I bought an Ibanez JEM 7V guitar for $3,200 and had it shipped UPS. It was shipped "Adult Signature Required", and had 10 stickers plastered all over the box indicating this. It was left on my porch in plain view. I got lucky.
Old 8/31/06, 11:58 AM
V6 Member

can someone even use the xcal since you had to give Doug your 4 digit code?
Old 8/31/06, 01:13 PM
Cobra Member

REQUEST TO SEE WHO SIGNED FOR IT.......call the police file a report..as well as what everyone has said....
Old 8/31/06, 01:33 PM
Legacy TMS Member

No one signed for it - UPS just (supposedly) dropped it on my front porch.

I called UPS to file a claim - they tell me that Doug from Bamachips has to file the claim since he is the shipper.

Haven't been able to get hold of Doug yet. I'll keep trying!

Quick Reply: C&L CAI and my Xcal 2 STOLEN!!!