Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

Bomb At Work!

Search this Thread

Old 7/21/05, 10:20 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Originally posted by Boltzman@July 21, 2005, 9:57 AM
in situations like that you don't stop to ponder the WHAT IFS.you make a split second decision and go with it...thats what heroes do..take risks first think of consequences later...If there was a complete stranger in danger and you had a chance to help are you gonna sit there and say well i might end up in a hospital or dead or something? i hope not...Plus not all members have wives or kids so their Mustangs are like family...and the bigotry thing...JUST LET IT GO.............

A hero risks his life to rescue something worthy (ie. a human being.) You are responsible for your family (your wife, kids, even parents in some way.) As I mentioned earlier, is a matter of priorities. If your first priority is your car, so be it. Let's hope no one else has to put themselves in danger to rescue you.
If you have family though, that *should* be your priority. It is irresponsible to "act without thinking" and endanger your well being, when your family needs your well being for economic, emotional, etc. reasons. I can see risking this for an irreplaceable thing. Otherwise, it is irresponsible.
Go ask any of your loved ones if they think that rescuing your car is worth loosing you or having to take care of you for the rest of their lives.

About the bigotry, I should let it go because.....?
Technically, is is true that the commentary is not rascists. It is still bigoted.
I know 1 frenchman. Incidentally, he does smell. However, that does not give me right to make fun of him. I know some people from Alabama who are "friendly" with their cousins. Is another stereotype that is deeply rooted in our culture. It does not mean I use it; it is disrespectful, and unfair of me to apply it to millions of other Alabamanians. (?).
Old 7/21/05, 10:23 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by rrobello@July 21, 2005, 10:18 AM
Are you French???? Sniff....sniff....I think somethings rotten in Orlando....Darn Frenchies!!!
I'm not french, I am puertorrican, thank you very much.
Old 7/21/05, 10:35 AM
Legacy TMS Member

something worthy yes. whats worthy to me? my car. i worked my hiney off for it and a repalcement wouldnt be thge same for me. Whats worthy to one person may not be to another. its called free will and individuality
Old 7/21/05, 10:49 AM
Mach 1 Member

Maybe the first post about hero was a simple miss-type maybe it was intended to be ZERO?

Calling someone going in to get a Mustang at the possible risk to life, or limb a HERO is a insult to any real HEROS, you guys need to learn alittle about our history.

Saturday Night Live...."We are from France". Might be funny, saying I'm from France
Old 7/21/05, 10:51 AM
Bullitt Member

What's life if we can't make fun of somebody? And the French seem to be a pretty good target right now. It's called humour. Just so long as we're ready to receive as good as we give (if we need it), I don't see why there's a problem. Take it easy.
Old 7/21/05, 11:12 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by MustangDan@July 21, 2005, 12:52 PM
Maybe the first post about hero was a simple miss-type maybe it was intended to be ZERO?

Calling someone going in to get a Mustang at the possible risk to life, or limb a HERO is a insult to any real HEROS, you guys need to learn alittle about our history.

Saturday Night Live...."We are from France". Might be funny, saying I'm from France

Remember you are on a MUSTANG site,so what do you expect people to say..Some of the members are sooooooooooo serious you should go read readers digest or something...When I read some of these replies I think to my self,is this what age does to people?makes them fuddy duddies..I'm 38 and I know I'm not a young whipper snapper but at the same time It's nice to be able to think young(you're only as old as you feel)Now you might say "act your age" or something,but why should I? you are entitled to your opinion as is every one else,so why rag on someone who is ecstatic about saving their car??If they want to think of themselves as a hero who are you to tell them they are not??History is history,SADDAM once recieved a key to one of our cities back in 1980.HISTORY.
The Japanese once bombed us at pearl harbor.HISTORY.We were at war with Germany.HISTORY.My point is,this is here and now and we must look to the future.THE FRENCH did not support us because they didn't want to lose the lucrative oil deals with IRAQ..............same for russians
Old 7/21/05, 11:18 AM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

I dont think any of us really meant that he should actually recieve a medal for getting his car out of there, the hero comments were because not only were we glad that he and his car and everyone else were ok, but to add to the glorification of the way he told the story, its called having fun, you should try it, man I swear some of you guys out there are way too tightly wound, next time you visit your proctologist have him pull that stick back out a couple of inches.

the french dont stink just because they smell....the word stink keeps popping up because of the automatic censors we mean vacuum action, duh!!!

and hey if you sleep with you cousin I think you are fair game to be made fun of, but at least they have a back bone, and aren't stupid and gay like the French.
Old 7/21/05, 11:23 AM

For the record I'd rather save my car then a Frenchman.

And Boltzman your right, maturity isnt being that you always act like an adult and be a stick in the mud, its knowing when to be serious and being able to do so when need be, there is nothing wrong with having fun and goofing off and acting like a kid, so long as you know when enough is enough and that there is an appropriate time and place for everything....I think this is why women say that men never grow up, its because they dont get that we like to be kids and have fun and thats ok, but when its time to get serious and get down to business, we do, well most of us.

So while online talking about cars I say lets have fun......
:dance:
Old 7/21/05, 11:25 AM
Bullitt Member

Actually, I was referring to smell. BO is not a pleasant scent.
Like I said earlier, I'm not trying to lump everyone together, just stating the ratio of Frenchmen I know to Frenchmen that I know smell.

Come on people, lighten up!
Old 7/21/05, 11:43 AM

I know you were, but I wasnt and I wanted to clarify
Old 7/21/05, 11:53 AM
GTR Member

Originally posted by rrobello@July 21, 2005, 1:26 PM
For the record I'd rather save my car then a Frenchman.

And Boltzman your right, maturity isnt being that you always act like an adult and be a stick in the mud, its knowing when to be serious and being able to do so when need be, there is nothing wrong with having fun and goofing off and acting like a kid, so long as you know when enough is enough and that there is an appropriate time and place for everything....I think this is why women say that men never grow up, its because they dont get that we like to be kids and have fun and thats ok, but when its time to get serious and get down to business, we do, well most of us.

So while online talking about cars I say lets have fun......
:dance:
Can i get an AMEN brother?????????????
Old 7/21/05, 11:53 AM
Bullitt Member

Wow I didn't realize there were so many kids on this site. Risking your life for a car? What would your family think if you were hospitalized or killed because you were trying "save" your car? Car pride is one thing but all out obsessive behavior like this borders on insanity. Do you realize how materialistic it sounds to risk your life for a car? I guess you would agree with someone who considered their watch or purse more important than their life? Ya know there are women who would do almost anything for a louie vuitton purse. Would you make fun of them? If so, how do you differentiate between both MATERIAL items? Just because YOU don't consider it important, doesn't mean that particular person feels the same way. Just think about how ridiculous it sounds to risk your life for a purse and if you still don't get it, you're hopeless.
Old 7/21/05, 12:08 PM
GTR Member

Originally posted by psychen6@July 21, 2005, 12:23 PM
A hero risks his life to rescue something worthy (ie. a human being.) You are responsible for your family (your wife, kids, even parents in some way.) As I mentioned earlier, is a matter of priorities. If your first priority is your car, so be it. Let's hope no one else has to put themselves in danger to rescue you.
If you have family though, that *should* be your priority. It is irresponsible to "act without thinking" and endanger your well being, when your family needs your well being for economic, emotional, etc. reasons. I can see risking this for an irreplaceable thing. Otherwise, it is irresponsible.
Go ask any of your loved ones if they think that rescuing your car is worth loosing you or having to take care of you for the rest of their lives.
About the bigotry, I should let it go because.....?
Technically, is is true that the commentary is not rascists. It is still bigoted.
I know 1 frenchman. Incidentally, he does smell. However, that does not give me right to make fun of him. I know some people from Alabama who are "friendly" with their cousins. Is another stereotype that is deeply rooted in our culture. It does not mean I use it; it is disrespectful, and unfair of me to apply it to millions of other Alabamanians. (?).
I say Let it go because people are trying to have a little fun and you are like some professor trying to rebut something that most people could care less about and tell us how bigotry is wrong..we all know it's wrong but the comments were not made to any Frenchman in particular .I just get tired of all the Holier than thou way of thinking. :notnice:
Old 7/21/05, 12:15 PM
GTR Member

Originally posted by Stangfriik@July 21, 2005, 1:56 PM
Wow I didn't realize there were so many kids on this site. Risking your life for a car? What would your family think if you were hospitalized or killed because you were trying "save" your car? Car pride is one thing but all out obsessive behavior like this borders on insanity. Do you realize how materialistic it sounds to risk your life for a car? I guess you would agree with someone who considered their watch or purse more important than their life? Ya know there are women who would do almost anything for a louie vuitton purse. Would you make fun of them? If so, how do you differentiate between both MATERIAL items? Just because YOU don't consider it important, doesn't mean that particular person feels the same way. Just think about how ridiculous it sounds to risk your life for a purse and if you still don't get it, you're hopeless.
Here we go again.Who said we would make fun of women if they wanted to do that..you are assuming and you know what happens when you do that..And I guess pretty much all of the members on this site are hopeless??Lets not beat a dead horse.. :notnice:
Old 7/21/05, 12:55 PM
Cobra Member

It's about time some people start defending my point of view. Trust me, I'm as American as the come. And to tell me to move to another country becuase my comments is insane. I have a wife and kids and understand what's important in life. My car, regardless if it's a Mustang GT, or a Ferrari has insurance. We don't. Some day when you grow up, you'll understand.
Old 7/21/05, 01:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Sooooo - I saved a little bird that fell out of a nest when I was 9. Now I am 38. Remember the song "itsy bitsy spider went up the water spout ... " Money is green. My GT is Torch Red. Luke Skywalker had a dad. See where this is going? Me either, just like this thread.
Old 7/21/05, 02:14 PM
GT Member

Ok ok....I'm going to set this thread straight.

I just got off the phone with Jacque Chirac and he promised me an unconditional surrender if we all stop making fun the Frenchies (frogs).

I thought about it....then hung up the phone.
Old 7/21/05, 02:54 PM
GTR Member

Originally posted by Route 66@July 21, 2005, 2:58 PM
It's about time some people start defending my point of view. Trust me, I'm as American as the come. And to tell me to move to another country becuase my comments is insane. I have a wife and kids and understand what's important in life. My car, regardless if it's a Mustang GT, or a Ferrari has insurance. We don't. Some day when you grow up, you'll understand.
look your point of view is fine..It's the preachy thing that stinks..save the preaching for church..and since you are so much maturer than us,you shouldn't have responded in the first place and ignored everyones "CHILDISH" remarks..
I smell a coming on....
Old 7/21/05, 04:09 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Route 66@July 21, 2005, 2:58 PM
Most people agree with your point of view.

Many also know that attempting to argue with others who have such a skewed view of reality is such a futile task that simply ignoring is probably the best action to take.
Old 7/21/05, 04:59 PM

Here's a few questions for the original poster, or any of the rest that would do such a foolish thing under the circumstances....

Would you do the same, in order to have rescued someone else's Mustang? And why didn't you go back in, to see if there were others that needed saving? Sounds more like a selfish act of imaturity to me, than heroism.

Quick Reply: Bomb At Work!