Search this Thread

Old 7/20/05, 10:57 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hahahahahaha
Old 7/20/05, 10:59 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I am waiting for the stupid French GAAAAAAAAAY people to respond. this thread is gonna get interesting I think.
Old 7/20/05, 10:59 PM
Bullitt Member

"Dealer to switch out the IUP’s leather steering wheel for the friendly non-leather wheel"

It's just a steering wheel...

Old 7/20/05, 11:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by rrobello@July 20, 2005, 11:55 PM
Man you and MustangDan should be banned from ever owning a stang again, there is no way any of these are just cars.....your no better than the stupid people that open their doors into other peoples cars and say "Its just a car." People like you make me soooooo mad, move to France where everyone is dumb and GAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!
:notnice: :angry: :ranting: :flame2: :jedi: :crazy: :nono:
Couldn't have been better worded.

We all have our own opinions, in which to mustangdan and the other guy, we on you and that is a big :nono:
Old 7/20/05, 11:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by rrobello@July 20, 2005, 10:55 PM
Man you and MustangDan should be banned from ever owning a stang again, there is no way any of these are just cars.....your no better than the stupid people that open their doors into other peoples cars and say "Its just a car." People like you make me soooooo mad, move to France where everyone is dumb and GAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!
:notnice: :angry: :ranting: :flame2: :jedi: :crazy: :nono:

Old 7/20/05, 11:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

French people - :scratch: :clown: :sleep: (sometimes I just don't understand some of them). I work at a hotel and occasionally I'll come across a French person and I walk away confused and not putting a nostalgia on any of them, but they always seem rude why though. Thanks for the support in the war against terrorism.

:flag2:
Old 7/21/05, 01:59 AM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow, I felt like I WAS watching a movie when I read that. Especially the part where you get to your car and lay down some rubber as you squeal out of the lot.

Must've been great for any onlookers as your wicked Stang came aggressively barreling out of the parkade at high speed!

Steve McQueen would be proud, dude - and that's ALL that matters.
Old 7/21/05, 05:23 AM
GT Member

After 911 people don't take chances. I work in a Medical Building where psychologist treat patients. Some of which are bipolar and we never know if we should take thretas seriuos or not. I can't tell you how many time we have had bomb scares. It has gotten to the point with me to not to even bother getting out of the building. If there were a real bomb, it would not matter where you were,( concidering they won't let you go home). The police and firemen ask silly questions that keep you close enough to the building that if it blew we all would be gone. And as far as my car, if there was a true bomb threat, I too would want me and my car to be far, far away. That is if it was the real deal.
Old 7/21/05, 06:25 AM
Bullitt Member

My 2 cents:

Comments regarding the french sound quite racist to me. I can see how many people have issues regarding political situations with them, but you cannot generalize, saying all frenchmen are like that. That's bigotry.

Regarding rescuing the car:

I love my mustang. I certainly would not want it damaged or destroyed. However, if it is, I can replace it. My insurance company will pay me to get another one. Furthermore, no matter how I want to romanticize it, the car is not alive. Period. It won't "get hurt" or "suffer".
Now, if I go running into a parking lot to "rescue" my car and then the lot blows up, I might get injured or die. At best, I'd be in the hospital for a while (higher expense than replacing the car.) I could loose a limb or end up paraplegic (much higher cost.) I could die. (Highest cost of all. If I die, my Mustang is not gonna take care of my girlfriend/wife. It is not gonna raise my kids or comfort my parents. It is not gonna support my family.

It is a matter of priorities. To me, my car is not worth loosing life or limb, or leaving loved ones behind.
Old 7/21/05, 06:28 AM
Team Mustang Source

Wow, thats a bit scary. At least it turned out to be nothing And great job saving your car, I would have done the same thing
Old 7/21/05, 06:54 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by psychen6@July 21, 2005, 7:28 AM
My 2 cents:

Comments regarding the french sound quite racist to me. I can see how many people have issues regarding political situations with them, but you cannot generalize, saying all frenchmen are like that. That's bigotry.

I love my mustang. I certainly would not want it damaged or destroyed. However, if it is, I can replace it. My insurance company will pay me to get another one. Furthermore, no matter how I want to romanticize it, the car is not alive. Period. It won't "get hurt" or "suffer".
Now, if I go running into a parking lot to "rescue" my car and then the lot blows up, I might get injured or die. At best, I'd be in the hospital for a while (higher expense than replacing the car.) I could loose a limb or end up paraplegic (much higher cost.) I could die. (Highest cost of all. If I die, my Mustang is not gonna take care of my girlfriend/wife. It is not gonna raise my kids or comfort my parents. It is not gonna support my family.

It is a matter of priorities. To me, my car is not worth loosing life or limb, or leaving loved ones behind.
obviously we have different priorities
Old 7/21/05, 06:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

hahaha nice story dude...."I felt like a hero" hahaha
Old 7/21/05, 07:01 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think you should sell your story to Michael Bay.
Old 7/21/05, 07:13 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by 94tbird@July 21, 2005, 6:57 AM
obviously we have different priorities
I don't mean to offend you, and please don't construe this as any kind of attack.

I'm just curious as to how/why do you prioritize your car higher than yourself and the well being of your loved ones (since, if you are hurt or dead, you won'rt be able to be there for them in all important aspects.)

I can understand how someone might do this if the car was irreplaceable (either a unique piece, or unable to afford getting another one.) However, this is a new car and "easily" (note the quotes) available. And since it is new, chances are that you have insurance on it.
Old 7/21/05, 08:46 AM
Bullitt Member

Or what if you had been trapped in the garage? Then some other people would have to be put at risk trying to get you out of there....

That said, I would have done the same thing.
Old 7/21/05, 09:17 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by psychen6@July 21, 2005, 6:28 AM
Funny, I always thought being French was a nationality, not a race.

True though we should not lump all people into one group. I will try to be more accurate. 4 out of the 4 Frenchmen (one is actually a women) I know personally all have bad body odor.
I hope there are some that don't.
Old 7/21/05, 09:54 AM
GTR Member

Originally posted by psychen6@July 21, 2005, 9:16 AM
I don't mean to offend you, and please don't construe this as any kind of attack.

I'm just curious as to how/why do you prioritize your car higher than yourself and the well being of your loved ones (since, if you are hurt or dead, you won'rt be able to be there for them in all important aspects.)

I can understand how someone might do this if the car was irreplaceable (either a unique piece, or unable to afford getting another one.) However, this is a new car and "easily" (note the quotes) available. And since it is new, chances are that you have insurance on it.
in situations like that you don't stop to ponder the WHAT IFS.you make a split second decision and go with it...thats what heroes do..take risks first think of consequences later...If there was a complete stranger in danger and you had a chance to help are you gonna sit there and say well i might end up in a hospital or dead or something? i hope not...Plus not all members have wives or kids so their Mustangs are like family...and the bigotry thing...JUST LET IT GO.............
Old 7/21/05, 10:02 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by psychen6@July 21, 2005, 5:28 AM
My 2 cents:

Comments regarding the french sound quite racist to me.

:scratch: being "French" is not a race...it's a nationality.... And lighten up bro...

EDIT: just saw your post scott....woops.
Old 7/21/05, 10:15 AM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

Originally posted by psychen6@July 21, 2005, 6:28 AM
My 2 cents:

Another person that gets added to the banned from driving a stang list, whats wrong with you people, if its just a car you shouldve bought a Civic. We love our cars and would rather not see them hurt, and as for getting another one, good luck, I am sure we would all be happy driving our cars while you wait on that list again to get one sometime mid 07 by the time you go through the whole ordering process again. This guys a hero in our book.

As for the French, as its been said here before their not a race, but that aside the view point most of us share about the French is shared by the world round everyone hates the French, they stink.

Are you French???? Sniff....sniff....I think somethings rotten in Orlando....Darn Frenchies!!!
Old 7/21/05, 10:19 AM
Team Mustang Source

I would like to think that I would do the smart thing and not go in for the car. But if it were my stang, I have to admit that my emotions would take over and I would do the same thing to save her. I, as most of you have, have worked so hard to buy and keep these cars. The long waits, the TSB's, the high priced mods, these all make us more passionate about our stangs. I think I would go in and save her.
Oh and it's really refreshing to know that there are so many people as annoyed with the french as I am. Flame on.

Quick Reply: Bomb At Work!