Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

The biggest scare of my life...

Search this Thread

Old 2/1/06, 05:10 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I still want to know about this ultrasound thing- I didn't get one either time till like 3 months before.
In any case- I know all of you expecting the stork are overjoyed! I am happy for you all.

Heres some wives tales:

If you get moody during pregnancy you are more likely to have a girl. This is because all women are moody, and when carrying a girl you become doubly so.

If you carry the baby out front (others can’t see your pregnancy from behind) then you will have a boy. If others can tell that you are pregnant when looking at you from behind, then you will have a girl.

Have the mum-to-be pick up a key. If she picks it up by the round end, it will be a boy. If she picks it up by the long end, it will be a girl. Should she pick it up at the middle, twins are on the way.

If the mother's age at conception and the year of conception are both even or both odd, the baby is a girl. If one is even and one is odd, the baby is a boy.

Ask the mum-to-be to pick a number. Match the number with the corresponding letter of the alphabet (A=1, B=2 etc). Then ask her to choose a name beginning with that letter. If she chooses a boys name, it will be a boy. If she chooses a girls name, it will be a girl.

Hang a gold pendant (preferably one the mother wears often) over the palm of the mother’s hand. If the pendant moves in a circular motion, it will be a girl. If it swings back and forth, a boy is on the way.

If the mum-to-be was the more aggressive partner when the baby was conceived, it will be a boy. If the father was the more aggressive, the baby will be a girl.

If you suffer from acne during pregnancy, you will have a girl. What side does the mom-to-be lay on while she's resting? If she lies on her left, it's a boy; on her right, it's a girl. If young boys (pre-school age) show interest in you while you're pregnant, it will be a girl. If they ignore you, expect a boy.

Ask the mum-to-be to show you her hands. If she shows them palms up, it's a girl; palms down, a boy.

If you dream of girls, you will have a boy. If you dream of boys, you will have a girl.
Old 2/1/06, 08:57 AM
Cobra Member

Donna - She's due in late September. They said the 22nd, according to her last, uh, time of the month, and size of the sac.

April - They checked her this early with my son, also. They checked for the heartbeat, and to set a prelim date. Probably also to look for things that could be wrong. I guess.
Old 2/1/06, 11:20 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
If she picks it up by the round end, it will be a boy. If she picks it up by the long end, it will be a girl
seems backward ?
I will never forget being there when my son was born It was the absolute most amazing thing I ever saw ! I almost thought to have a cabage patch kid with me and when she said where is my baby I wanna see and thought better and too think way back the father was not allowed to be there ? Well it made me Love him all the more I figure.
Old 2/4/06, 11:42 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
April, how many of those worked with you? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]
Old 2/4/06, 11:58 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Those what?
Operations to make sure it doesn't happen to me again?
one.
Been there done that, got one of each and the Tshirt.

BTW: this ones bullcrap:
If the mother's age at conception and the year of conception are both even or both odd, the baby is a girl. If one is even and one is odd, the baby is a boy.

me- 19, year 1992. girl
Me 21 year 1994.... boy well okay, 50% chance its not bullcrap.
Old 2/4/06, 01:03 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
all of those are 50% chance lol