Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

Been thinkin.......

Search this Thread

Old 1/22/06, 11:26 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

I've been really thinking hard about buying a Harley....this is the problem, I already own 3 vehicles and owning a 4th is just not feasable. Therefore I've been pondering the thought of selling my girl. I have a work car which gets great gas mileage, so I have to keep that, I own a truck, which is four-wheel drive, kinda need that because of where I live, winters can be crazy and I need to get to work and then there's the Stang. All that said, if I get the bike I'm afraid the stang would have to go...I just dont know, so i'm asking my TMS friends what you all think. I almost feel guilty for even thinking about this as she sits in the cold garage under her cover just waiting to be released this spring....but the thought of be'in on the open road on a bike sounds good too. So lets have it, what does everyone think? :scratch:
Old 1/22/06, 11:32 AM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
keep the stang forget the harley
Old 1/22/06, 11:37 AM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
welp if you get a bike you have to remember that the world wont see you. espcially the clods in SUV's on thier cell phones. They barely see actual cars.
I'd keep the stang and ditch the beater myself
Old 1/22/06, 11:46 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Knight@January 22, 2006, 1:35 PM
keep the stang forget the harley
Actually Knight....I was just in the Chicagoland area with my buddy looking at bikes, a place called Lakeshore Harley in Libertyville...he end up buyin one and we got lost in Chicago..... :bang:
Old 1/22/06, 12:25 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by Ren 89@January 22, 2006, 12:49 PM
Actually Knight....I was just in the Chicagoland area with my buddy looking at bikes, a place called Lakeshore Harley in Libertyville...he end up buyin one and we got lost in Chicago..... :bang:
I live about 10 min from there.
Old 1/22/06, 12:28 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Keep the 'Stang and buy an import bike... 1300 VTX new for just over 7K if you look around enough. I've had a Harley and an import. I understand the 'Harley' thing, but I'm looking for another bike again... this one will likely be made in Japan, unfortunately. Unfortunately only because American bike companies can't seem to build a quality affordable bike, other than the Sportster. Victory (Polaris) builds a beautiful bike, but you won't find one for less than $17k. Similar story with most HD's.
Old 1/22/06, 12:29 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
I'd consider the risks very carefully. Most like to keep their bones and flesh in one piece. A minor judgement lapse by you or someone else and you can be guaranteed a permanent stay in a bed or wheel chair.