Search this Thread

Old 7/11/05, 10:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thats something to be proud of.
Old 7/11/05, 10:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Totally useless thread, Stang101. Not a great sign of maturity, IMHO.

Mods please close this thread, thank you.
Old 7/11/05, 10:25 PM
Team Mustang Source

When I was 16 I didn't own a car. However my best friend had this Subaru station wagon. We just a curb in that thing and it still drove after we got the axl fixed. We were in countless wrecks in that car.

These days we take it easier. There is a big learning curve between 16 and 26. You learn why you don't take chances like you used to. There is to much at risk.

Though, stupidity doesn't apply to every 16 year old it certainly applies to most. The real phrase I should use is "lack of experience."
Old 7/11/05, 10:28 PM
Bullitt Member

bs bs bs bs bs bs go for it lock it.
Old 7/11/05, 10:30 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Man there should be a kiddy room on this board or something... so you kids can all play together away from the grown-ups.

BTW maybe you should spend more time in class as well... some of those spelling errors should be addressed
Old 7/11/05, 10:32 PM
Bullitt Member

Nate, congrats on the new stang! I want to commend you on your driving habits if, as you say, you are driving carefully. I was 25 when I got my first sports car (86 stang gt) and I went crazy with it! Good thing I never killed anyone else, much less myself.
Personally, I don't think it's an age issue as much as a maturity issue when it comes to sensible driving. Isn't that why insurance companies offer discounts to honor roll students?
Perhaps you will accept some advice that someone gave me one time and has helped me on numerous occasions.
When you're 20, you worry about what everyone thinks and says about you. When you're 40, you could care less what anyone says or thinks about you. And when you're 60, you realize no one cared about what you were doing all along.
I turn 40 next year and I'm already at the "I could care less" stage. Follow your own path and tell everyone with a discouraging word to eat your shorts! lol
Old 7/11/05, 10:38 PM
Bullitt Member

thank you very much redfiresnake
Old 7/11/05, 10:39 PM
Team Mustang Source

I still don't know how all these young kids afford new cars? Either i've found the 2 lowest payign jobs on the planet or there are just too many parents these days that spoil their kids.
Old 7/11/05, 10:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Imatk@July 11, 2005, 10:33 PM
BTW maybe you should spend more time in class as well... some of those spelling errors should be addressed

Old 7/11/05, 10:41 PM
Bullitt Member

well my V6 was 24,000 and i paid $2,435 for it sooo I helped a little..and plus my parents are in love with mustangs they had to get a 05 some how.
Old 7/11/05, 10:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by stang101@July 11, 2005, 10:41 PM
thank you very much redfiresnake
you're welcome!
Old 7/11/05, 10:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by stang101@July 11, 2005, 8:29 PM
I have seen threads and I have started some that i got bashed on. I just saw the thred "Am I stupid" and everyone gave this 16 year old kid Sh**. I know everyone on that thred was trying to look out for him and all..but the part that he cant drive the mustang makes me mad ive seen "if your going to crash cars dont get a MUSTANG" ok I have to say is ITS ONLY A CAR A MACHINE I love mustangs just as much as you all I really do but its got to stop. I was offered a new 04 Roush vert or a 05 mustang V6 and yes I am only 16 to this day, but I took the 05. I dont get why people hate it when kids get COOL cars this that, its not against the law to have a 16 yr old drive a very nice car. My brother got a 03 Corba when he turned 16 . I think that some are jealous or something. To those who bash you dont know how the person drives or anything at all so you wouldnt know, its got to stop. Thank you... and I can guarantee that I will get bashed and whoever does it well you know who you are.
Why don't we talk about what the kid told us in his post "Am I Stupid" or "Was I Stupid" whatever the thread was-
The kid came to the board and starts out by telling us he 'could have any car just the way he wants it' but chose a 2005 Mustang V6, then he proceeds to tell us that he had not one, but two accidents in his car, the last was, by his own admission, caused when he 'took a turn a little too fast, lost control and did a 360 and slammed into a tree head on' totalling his car.

Then, he tells us I got another V6 Mustang, but 'I can get any car just the way I want it' so he's thinking about trading it it for a Roush, and if he doesn't do that he might modify his car since 'it doesn't have enough power'.

What scares me is that based on his driving record (two accidents within a few months) and limited driving experiance with a 210 HP Mustang he wants a 300 HP (if not more) Roush...IMHO he's asking for trouble.

Sure, it's possible he could get behind the wheel of a Roush and have no problems, but then again he could end up killing himself or someone else.

And if you think that I'm jealous that he has a cool car at 16, it doesn't bother me a bit.
Old 7/11/05, 10:53 PM
Team Mustang Source

If you want respect, earn it, don't whine until you get it. Grow up. That is my opinion, so take it for what it is worth.

On another note, if you want to know why people give young kids crap about their cars, think about this. You paid 1/10th the amount of your car (kudos to you, seriously, most kids in your situation wouldn't shell out a dime, trust me, I know plenty), while most here worked hard to buy their own (most while paying bills, rent, mortgage and supporting children) yet you claim it is "yours". I have 20 bucks that say you aren't on the title or are the main insurance holder. When I was your age, I was also possessive in this manner, so I won't hold that agaisnt you (others will). You know what my dad did, when I said I was taking "my" (read HIS) car out whether he liked it or not? He pulled the spark plugs. No joke. Then I got my own car, and now I appreciate the value of a car more.

I also see that you list you have a 2000 Cobra R and a 1970 Boss 302. So when the average person sees your three Mustangs (2 very rare, very expensive Mustangs), plus your age, they assume you didn't get them on your own, thus possibly putting less worth on them (since you didn't have to earn them on your own, and don't tell me you earned it through grades, I know how that works, I am not that old, and I know it's a load of bull) or even appreciate them less. Where this is going exactly I don't know.

I guess, to get respect you should give respect. And don't pick pointless fights.

Have a good night.
Old 7/11/05, 10:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by stang101@July 11, 2005, 10:41 PM
HA what are you going to do come over here and key it. Because you said it will happen....and I have a new 2005 mustang I TAKE CARE OF IT my friends complain to be because i keep it on the speed limit I dont screw around if anything is to happen its going to be by another person. thank you.

Congradulation on being immature. Are you proud or something? you started this thread as a continuation of the old one and that my friend is very disrespectful and lame. Just get over it and learn from your elders, your creating the sterotypical disrespectful teenager that you're probably not, so why start this thread??

Please lock this thing.

Matt
Old 7/11/05, 10:59 PM
Team Mustang Source

I had a cool car when I was 16...

...a 1987 Pontiac Bonneville.

White/silver two-tone

Front bench seating (room for 6 baby!)

Buttons, buttons everywhere (Pontiac sure loves buttons)

Speedometer went up to 85

Luggage rack on the trunk

(is this thread closed yet?)

No air bag... the center of the steering wheel was covered with buttons (apparently Pontiac felt that if they were going to offer steering wheel-mounted audio controls, they might as well control EVERY function the radio has to offer)

Radio sounded great... until I left it on while I went through a car wash (the power antenna and the car wash did not get along... snapped the thing right off)

Hmm... let's see, what else?

Ohh... Oakley sticker on the windshield (1990 anybody?)

ok, that's enough... unless this thread keeps going. I'm sure I can think of some more features...
Old 7/11/05, 11:21 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The only "damage" I did to my self-bought 98 Galant were the "vanilla milkshake" stains in the back seat... The sunroof helped from gettin fogged up on hot nights too

Seriously, no one said kids shouldn't have these cars. Kids shouldn't have these cars IF they're unable to handle them. In general, most 16y/o think they're Mario Andretti when they get their liscence, which leads to stereotypes which leads too ... where we are with this thread. By telling to to take a driving class, they were suggesting you go to a professional and have them teach you how to handle a car like this. heck, I'm 23 and I've been thinking about finding performance classes somewhere. :drive:
Old 7/11/05, 11:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

He must have went to bed, cannot stay up late being on the computer , I'm ready for flames to come !!!

Matt
Old 7/11/05, 11:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Nope still on and THE COBRA R AND 302 ARE MY PARENTS CAR'S not mine just had to get that out of the way. And i am the first name on the insurance and the only name. Yes People say im spoiled and thats the way it happens i guess.
Old 7/11/05, 11:30 PM
Team Mustang Source

Justin, I am with you on the professional driving school, they look like a ton of fun! I had a friend take one awhile back and he LOVED it.
Old 7/11/05, 11:38 PM
Bullitt Member

OK thats enough im all done with this thread you all said what you had to say thats all fine with me just drop it now or lock this alright. And to all a good night

Quick Reply: this bashing needs to stop