Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by zzcoop
As far as I'm concerned, the only avatar in this thread worth viewing is this:

here here I'll second that !
Old 12/20/09, 12:56 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I talked to someone that went and seen it already and he said ti was a good movie with awesome effects. It was worth going and seeing according to him.
Old 12/20/09, 01:06 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I agree with this:

"I read one Avatar review yesterday where the reporter said that after the film ended, he felt as if he had actually visited the location of the film instead of having just watched it from a distance," writes Parsons,"
http://www.pcworld.com/article/18518...nd_bluray.html

The visual effects really do draw you in like you're on Pandora. When Jake (SamW) awakes, you're anxiously waiting for him to go back in and wanting to be 'there' instead of 'here' (like he is).

This movie may push demand for 3D Blu-Ray - at home!!

Last edited by cdynaco; 12/20/09 at 01:11 PM.
Old 12/20/09, 01:07 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by BoogieNights
I talked to someone that went and seen it already and he said ti was a good movie with awesome effects. It was worth going and seeing according to him.
we may go see it's playing at 1:30 pm it's now 12:06 pm
Old 12/20/09, 01:11 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt
we may go see it's playing at 1:30 pm it's now 12:06 pm

Gotta give review here afterwards.
Old 12/20/09, 02:04 PM
Team Mustang Source

nopekids still not showered so not going to that one grr & I will not spoil it that's mean
Old 12/22/09, 01:36 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, saw it yesterday. I liked it, but I can see where people were getting the "Dances with Wolves" vibe. Luckily for me, I'm able to pretty much ignore a movies "message" and simply be entertained. Although some of was pretty predictable, I still enjoyed it. And on a final note, the colonel was a stone badass.
Old 12/22/09, 01:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Von Bek
And on a final note, the colonel was a stone badass.
Is that the character played by the dude who played Ike Clanton in Tombstone? If so, he's the only thing about this movie I find remotely interesting.
Old 12/22/09, 02:09 PM
Post *****

Ok, saw it yesterday. I liked it, but I can see where people were getting the "Dances with Wolves" vibe. Luckily for me, I'm able to pretty much ignore a movies "message" and simply be entertained. Although some of was pretty predictable, I still enjoyed it. And on a final note, the colonel was a stone badass.
I usually ignore movie... (and news...) messages LOL and just take in the entertainment factor.
Hell I think it has a much stronger link to Matrix than Dances... and about a dozen other movies like Medicine Man, Emerald Forest, Dragonheart LOL... I think picking the plot apart is silly. It was well done and the visual is on an entirely different level. Imagine some of your previous favorite movies with Cameron's 3D magic!
Yep, the Col was som*****!
Old 12/22/09, 02:20 PM
Bullitt Member

My only problem with 3-D is that I already wear glasses, and putting the specs over those doesn't really work. Takes all the fun out fo the Spider-man ride at Islands of Adventure. And when I went sky diving, I couldn't wear anything so the view was kinda blurry, and not from the speed, lol.
Old 12/22/09, 07:27 PM
Team Mustang Source

I watched it at a regular theatre it was Great ! I like the movie we as human's are slowly learning , I wish we were as connected , oh wait we are but the Gov'ts screwed that all up ! I can't wait for it on Blu-Rae HD will look great !
Old 12/23/09, 06:21 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 342 Likes on 215 Posts

This review came up when I opened the browser. Keep in mind I am the messenger not the king, meaning, I have no interest one way or the other.

Does 'Avatar' Contain Hidden Messages?
by Brett Michael Dykes    December 23, 2009

Since it opened last week, James Cameron's much-anticipated film "Avatar" has won praise from movie critics and been a juggernaut at the box office. But some who have seen the film say that it contains hidden messages that are anti-war, pro-environment, and perhaps even racist.

For the benefit of those who haven't seen the film, a little nonspoiler background might be useful. The story is set in the year 2154 when Earth's inhabitants, having used up most of their natural resources through decades of living in excess, plan to use military force to conquer Pandora, a moon roughly the same size as Earth. Pandora, inhabited by a wise, peaceful, and nature-respecting people with blue skin called the Na'vi, is rich in a resource that the people of Earth desperately need.

The earthlings send in a crew of special-forces mercenaries armed with guns, bombs, and other sophisticated weaponry to attack and conquer the Na'vi (who some think resemble American Indians and Africans), despite the fact that they represent no direct threat to the inhabitants of Earth. Since humans can't breathe in Pandora's atmosphere, the military employs mind-controlled avatars that resemble the Na'vi in every way to venture out from their landing craft and explore the landscape. Sympathizing with the Na'vi after becoming acquainted with them and their customs, one of the human-controlled avatars becomes a turncoat and helps lead the people of Pandora in the defense of their homeland.

Are you beginning to get a sense of why some viewers noticed what they believe are underlying messages in the film?

Some prominent members of the media who screened the film certainly took note. In a glowing review for the Chicago Sun-Times, Roger Ebert noted that "Avatar" "has a flat-out Green and anti-war message" that is "predestined to launch a cult." Meanwhile Ben Hoyle, writing in the Times of London, noted that the film "contains heavy implicit criticism of America's conduct in the War on Terror." Further, Will Heaven of the Daily Telegraph said that the plot line involving people of color who wear "tribal" jewelry while sporting dreadlocked hair, being saved by a noble white man gave the film a "racist subtext" that he found "nauseatingly patronising."

But are these hidden messages really all that hidden? James Cameron himself hasn't been shy in publicly proclaiming the fact that he's an environmental activist who believes that humans and "industrial society" are "causing a global climate change" and "destroying species faster than we can classify them." In a recent interview with PBS' Tavis Smiley, Cameron admitted that he made "obvious" references in the film to Iraq, Vietnam and the American colonial period to emphasize the fact that humans have a "terrible history" of "entitlement" in which we "take what we need" from nature and indigenous peoples "and don't give back."

Further, one of the film's stars Stephen Lang told CNN that he is "not surprised at all" that some people have taken note of the film's political messages, mainly because the central theme of humans "destroying" a "pristine world" out of "blindness and greed" is so "overt."

Despite the obvious political undertones in "Avatar," at least one right-leaning critic doesn't think people who disagree with the film's ideology should totally dismiss it. In his review on the website Hot Air, Ed Morrissey writes, "Conservatives have more or less primed themselves to hate this film because of the presumed anti-war politics of the movie. It's there -- in fact, it's unmistakable -- but it's not as bad as one might presume." He goes on to note that "Avatar" is "entertaining" though "hardly a deep intellectual exercise."
Old 12/23/09, 06:26 PM
Team Mustang Source

F that I see it for a show just like Wiley Coyote & the Road Runner, now there to they said they were dangerous after the fact. to each thier own right ?
Old 12/23/09, 06:30 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt
F that I see it for a show just like Wiley Coyote & the Road Runner, now there to they said they were dangerous after the fact. to each thier own right ?
That darned Acme... part of the military industrial complex!
Old 12/23/09, 07:06 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I went to see it 3d, OMG it was one of the best movies I have seen in many years, I would go again tonight !! Its not a movie to wait to see at home, you will never enjoy it like you would in theaters..
Old 12/23/09, 07:13 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts
Have not seen...
Old 12/23/09, 10:00 PM
Bullitt Member

I haven't seen it but come to find out a guy I went to school with was the second unit director....I remember playing "Star Trek" on the playground with him and others in grade school. I had heard he moved to Hollywood after we graduated.
Old 12/25/09, 11:01 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
My only problem with 3-D is that I already wear glasses, and putting the specs over those doesn't really work. Takes all the fun out fo the Spider-man ride at Islands of Adventure. And when I went sky diving, I couldn't wear anything so the view was kinda blurry, and not from the speed, lol.
my problem is my severe right eye dominance...so I didnt get the full effect of some of the 3D. the movie was great, plot was so so, but the visuals were astounding
Old 12/25/09, 11:18 AM
Team Mustang Source

Now I wouldn't mind to see it maybe in 3D I seen it on a regular big theatre screen & liked it , only missing like sub sounds coming from behind you !
Old 12/25/09, 12:48 PM
Team Mustang Source

I go to movies for the enjoyment of seeing it and not ****-i-zing every aspect of it. IMO it was a very entertaining movie.