Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

Anyone ever do a triathlon?

Search this Thread

Old 5/9/04, 07:16 AM
GTR Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm contemplating entering a triathlon at the end of the summer, and I'm stepping up my training, but I was wondering if anyone here had experience doing one of these?

My goal: to finish....alive.
Old 5/9/04, 08:34 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i thought about it about 10 yrs ago when i was cycling everyday. even when i was in great shape from that it killed me to run...i dunno different muscles i guess. so i never did it and now im not in any kind of shape unless you count round as a shape.

my sister runs marathons i dont know how she does that
Old 5/9/04, 09:39 AM
GTR Member

Yes, they are different muscle groups. I'm working on my distance right now with biking. I only have a mountain bike, so that will have to do. The hills over a 25 mile distance are what I'm worried about.

The running isn't problem, neither is the swimming, but combining all 3 is gonna be tough.
Old 5/9/04, 10:05 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
id look into getting a road bike. i havent looked at mountain bikes in a long time but they seemed to weigh a whole lot more. the bike i have has an aluminum frame that wieghs 3 pounds. I think over any distance you will notice the weight more. I bought that bike in 1992 so I.m sure the latest models are even better but pricey.
Old 5/9/04, 12:19 PM
GTR Member

My MB has an Al frame and is pretty light. Its no $2000 frame, but I'm that much into it...yet.