Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

American Idol

Search this Thread

Old 5/20/05, 09:48 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seacrest is definetley a funny monkey in the bush!
Old 5/20/05, 10:10 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by 1999 Black 35th GT@May 20, 2005, 9:51 AM
Seacrest is definetley a funny monkey in the bush!

Yea, even Stevie Wonder could see that!
Old 5/20/05, 11:01 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Gimme a head with hair, long beautiful hair
Shining, gleaming, steaming, flaxen, waxen
Give me down to there, hair!
Shoulder length, longer (hair!)
Here baby, there mama, Everywhere daddy daddy
Old 5/24/05, 05:05 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Today is Bo Bice Day..... In Alabama anyhow.
Old 5/24/05, 05:15 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I laughed:
No 'Idol' before us

Tonight, either Bo or Carrie will triumph
and become the worst 'AI' yet

So it comes down to this: a cut-rate country singer vs. a man who does the least credible impersonation of a rock star since Pat Boone.
Tonight at 8, millions will witness the Â*season's final smackdown of "American Idol" on Fox.

It pits Carrie Underwood against Bo Bice.

She's a Nashville striver so Â*plastic she makes Shania Twain seem like she was born in a holler. He's a should-be lounge singer who somehow mistook himself for a member of Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Wouldn't it be great if both could lose?

Alas, no such tender mercy can save us.

Following tonight's Â*Â*showdown, tomorrow will bring a commercial-crammed two-hour episode, during which one indisputable winner will be declared. Then America's pop charts will have to deal with the consequences for a year — or more.

So who will it be?

It's hard not to give a major shoulder shrug, considering the still-puzzling upset of Clay Aiken vs. Ruben Studdard two years ago. The skinny Clay seemed to have more of the crowd smitten, only to lose at the last minute to his portly rival. The fact that Clay went on to outsell Â*Ruben proves how odd — and off — these results can be.

I'm leaning toward Bo, if only Â*because he has the higher profile, not to mention the ability to inspire more jokes on "Saturday Night Live" — a sure sign of cultural resonance.

Yet some things about tonight's show can be stated for sure.

First, whoever wins will be the worst victor in "AI's" four-season reign of terror.

You don't have to be Â*Simon to know that 2005's contestants have sunk to new lows. They've suffered from less sure pitch and a less nuanced understanding of the lyrics than ever before, and that's a near Â*Herculean feat.

The other twist for 2005's edition is that the two finalists come from genres outside the one that has dominated the contest so far: R&B-pop. While that gives "AI" some Â*badly needed variety, it brings the singers into trickier commercial turf than Â*previous contestants.

Earlier winners and first Â*runners-up enjoyed the generous context of R&B, which in the past has Â*welcomed Â*singers as iffy as J.Lo, Ciara and Ashanti. That's because R&B is Â*often a producer's medium, where sonic tricks make the hit.

Should Bo win, he has to face something far riskier: the credibility factor of rock. And at the moment he has less of it than Donny Osmond.

Carrie has to deal with the fact that country music favors Nashville Â*insiders, which could well hurt her potential fan base.

Then again, at this point the vast "AI" fan vortex and hype machine represents a genre unto itself. It's a universe of cheesiness every bit Â*as popular, and undying, as Velveeta.

Tonight, be ready to choke down the heftiest slice yet.

Bo Bice

HOME: Helena, Ala.

FAVORITE POP STARS: Matchbox Twenty, Sheryl Crow.

SONG LIST INCLUDED: "Satisfaction," "Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me," "Time in a Bottle," "Drift Away."

WHY HE'LL WIN: His style ranges from Lynyrd Â*Skynyrd to the O'Jays. Has guts — he sang his last song, "In a Dream," without music.

WHY HE WON'T WIN: How can "AI" go with a hard rocker with a drug rap sheet, but no pop music chops? What will he sing on the Christmas special?

Carrie Underwood

HOME: Checotah, Okla.

FAVORITE POP STARS: George Michael, Kelly.

SONG LIST INCLUDED: "Man, I Feel Like a Â*Woman," "Crying," "Hello Young Lovers," "Could've Been."

WHY SHE'LL WIN: Country rules! And she has no formal training — just like the voters. And a British newspaper already declared her the winner.

WHY SHE WON'T WIN: Too much like past Â*winners, tried too hard with her last song "On the Radio." Was impressed when Randy called her "dawg." He calls everybody "dawg."
Old 5/24/05, 05:41 AM
GT Member

April.

What happened? I thought you wanted Bo to win. I know that is who I have been calling for. I think Bo has last ability. Yea, maybe his hair is long( I love long hair) and it is true I am the lost flower child. But that smile and twinkle in his eye is the real deal. He feels music and can convey his feelings to us. My hair on my arms have stood up everytime he sings. Even my husband likes him. Carrie is very pretty and she sings well, but her stage persona is blank and she can't dance. We will see.
Old 5/24/05, 05:50 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

This was an article in the NY daily news today....I can't take credit for it.

I do want Bo to win- and I want Bo to come drive around town in his new Mustang so I can see him around.
Old 5/24/05, 06:00 AM
GT Member

Ok, I thought I may have missed some thing. I figured that since you know him and his family maybe there was a falling out. Any way, I will be watching tonight. Did you see that they pit against it Rob and Amber's wedding? What are we going to watch next week? I am going to be LOST in the summer reruns.
Old 5/24/05, 06:03 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by ALLMINE65@May 24, 2005, 6:03 AM
Ok, I thought I may have missed some thing. I figured that since you know him and his family maybe there was a falling out. Any way, I will be watching tonight. Did you see that they pit against it Rob and Amber's wedding? What are we going to watch next week? I am going to be LOST in the summer reruns.

I DO NOT know him....I just wish I did. He is from the next town over from mine.

Like I would watch that reality wedding crap. Ugh. People getting things handed to them **** me off.
Summer is for Being outside and vacations- I will not be watching Tv. I will be swimming and drinking lemonade.
Old 5/24/05, 06:10 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
April,
Be sure to credit your sources!! ^_^
Old 5/24/05, 06:14 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by Tiberius1701@May 24, 2005, 6:13 AM
April,
Be sure to credit your sources!! ^_^
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/s...7p-267235c.html
Old 5/24/05, 06:36 AM
GT Member

I guess your right. I will be watching sun sets and the birds in the the yard. Talk to freinds on the deck. Enjoy flowers as they bloom. And of course ride around in the 05 GT Vert with the top down. Never too much of that.

I wasn't going to watch the wedding. Not new worthy as far as i am concerned. They are milking it for all it is worth. They will be going away and maybe never be seen or heard of again.

Not too soon!
Old 5/24/05, 07:17 AM
Bullitt Member

That NY Daily News article is terribly pessimistic. I can only picture the author being a morose individual who is part of a subculture that stays up til 4am listening to old Morrissey tunes while dwelling on how life could have been different, if only . . ..

I think this season has been one of the best, and had some very talented contestants.
Old 5/24/05, 07:18 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally posted by EleanorsMine@May 24, 2005, 6:18 AM
Tonight, either Bo or Carrie will triumph
No, only Triumph will triumph

I KEED I KEED!
Old 5/24/05, 08:14 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I can't believe i am honestly more excited about the crab show(deadliest catch) than Idol tonight.
Old 5/25/05, 05:35 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Krikey!
I got sick, and went to bed way early.....
MISSED IT!
Old 5/25/05, 06:40 AM
Bullitt Member

Hope you're doing better today April!

I really think Bo will win this thing. The crowd just seemed to favor him, and the people I talk to all seem to be rooting for him, I don't live anywhere near Bama!

The performances overall last night I didn't think were the greatest, better song choices could have been made. Bo definitely had the edge over Carrie though with the song that they both performed, and Bo definitely has a hit with "Vehicle." I think that will hit the top 40 charts very soon!
Old 5/25/05, 06:49 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

mE BETTER? nope.......still ill. I think I got fried green tomato food poisoning.

Apparently I am being forced to bed by my hubby cause I have a fever.

I have Bo's Vehicle on cd from his mamas webpage(bicesquad.net) Love his version.
Old 5/25/05, 07:56 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

:bang: :bang: :bang:
And as Forrest Gump says:
That's all I have to say about that.
Old 5/25/05, 07:57 PM
FR500 Member

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! bo LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: American Idol