Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

American Idol

Search this Thread

Old 2/17/05, 05:30 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its like a train wreck- I can't stop watching.I know I shouldnt do it, but I can't stop.

This year we got another- Bo Bice from Helena Al(although his ai bio says Atlanta)

Our nutso news-----Starting this Bo knows stuff.........Well been there done that- Bo Jackson! Bo knows football.......Its Ruben all over again only worse.

I like Constantine better.

Anyone else watching this mess?
Old 2/17/05, 11:10 AM
Cobra Member

I only watch the first few episodes when people make themselves look stupid. After that I can't stand the show. It's glorified karaoke. It sux.
Old 2/17/05, 12:35 PM

I've seen every episode so far this year. I hope Constantine goes far cause I'm a rocker also. I don't know many of the names yet this year but there is alot of talent and alot of competition. As far as "a glorified karaoke show", I dont agree
Old 2/17/05, 12:56 PM
Bullitt Member

I've always wondered if they pay some of those people to audition? It's perplexing to think that all those people turned down think they sound GREAT!
Old 2/17/05, 01:00 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Gawd it is a toss up between Constantine and Bo I have never missed an episode- in all the seasons.

Two Words- William Hung
WTF?
Old 2/17/05, 01:38 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
AI is a POS
Old 2/17/05, 04:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Kelly Clarkson was the only winner with all around talent, but Ruben was good too.
Old 2/17/05, 04:48 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I think the fat rocker last season was better than this seasons.
I don't see them winning it, but who knows.
Old 2/17/05, 06:38 PM
GT Member

The best singer was the winner of the international idol...he sung U2 and fricken spanked Kelly Clarkson
Old 2/17/05, 07:10 PM
Bullitt Member

That 100 year old band blows, and we care LESS about the international idol.
Old 2/17/05, 08:39 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Originally posted by t69r00p69@February 17, 2005, 6:13 PM
That 100 year old band blows, and we care LESS about the international idol.
I dont know where you come out with making fun of "old" bands... some of the greatest music ever made IS 100 years old +
I can list many great "old" bands, but I wont, all I'm gonna say is that whatever music you listen to was influenced by an older genre which was influenced by an even older genre...and on and on.
Know your roots.

Oh yea, and International music rocks
Old 2/17/05, 11:39 PM
Bullitt Member

I didn't know you would take that so personally, but I didn't mean offense to any "old bands". Coming from a music buff, (music is a big part of my life BTW) I respect all genres of music. I've even taken some music appreciation classes to help further my understanding of music's roots. I was merely making a point that I'm not too fond of U2 or their music, that's all.

I agree that international music does rock. However, I think I remember some Australian guy with a 'fro winning the International Idol and he was not a better singer than Kelly at all, hence my international idol remark.
Old 2/18/05, 12:51 AM
I'm people, and I like.

Originally posted by t69r00p69@February 17, 2005, 10:42 PM
I didn't know you would take that so personally, but I didn't mean offense to any "old bands". Coming from a music buff, (music is a big part of my life BTW) I respect all genres of music. I've even taken some music appreciation classes to help further my understanding of music's roots. I was merely making a point that I'm not too fond of U2 or their music, that's all.

I agree that international music does rock. However, I think I remember some Australian guy with a 'fro winning the International Idol and he was not a better singer than Kelly at all, hence my international idol remark.
oh sorry, me bad -_-
yea, U2 isnt that good lol
and i have no idea who won the international idol thing

do you play an instrument by any chance?
Old 2/18/05, 05:20 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I LOVE Kelly Clarkson! Fixing to buy her new cd!

The other 2 blow, and Clay is creepy.

Wanna See Constantine win- cause hes a New York Rocker! I am thinking if Bo wins- he will be into the Josh Groban crap!

Oh- and Bo worked at the GUITAR GALLERY my Favorite weekend check what they got geetar store.
Old 2/18/05, 08:04 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by t69r00p69@February 18, 2005, 12:42 AM

Rene- I swear I'm not trying to be rude, but there are two kinds of "music buffs": One who likes music and listens to lots of it, forms opinions on who they like and what type of music is good, and then bashes the rest. And then, one who likes music and listens to lots of it, plays/writes own music, forms opinions on who they like to listen to AND who they aspire to play like, recognizes the virtues of ALL TYPES of music and can extract the talent (what little of it there is sometimes) and learn from or appreciate it. The second one is the real "music buff". You don't seem to fit that description. And, I believe the winner of International Idol was a blonde-headed, funky teeth, unnattractive looking fellow who sung "Beautiful Day" by U2. He was extraordinary which is why he won. The song is moving, and most would agree that U2 is a talanted and well respected group, regardless of their shenanigans. Kelly Clarkson=talented singer. Eminem=talented rap singer, writer, producer, businessman. Pete Townsend=talented musician. Prince=talented singer, song writer, musician, entertainer, producer, businessman. Clay Aiken=talented singer. Ruben=talented singer. Stevie Nicks=talented singer. Stevie Wonder=talented singer, writer, musician, role model. Eddie Van Halen=talented musician. Shania Twayne(sp?)= talented singer, performer. Madonna=talented singer, performer, businesswomen. Backstreet Boys, N'Sync, Justin Timberlake, 98 Degrees(or whatever temp. it is), Boyz 2 Men, ect.=talented performance artists-they do all things good but not GREAT. Usher=talented singer, performance artist. Rod Stewart=talented singer, song writer. Phil Collins= talented singer, song writer, musician, producer. The list goes on and on...THEY ALL GOT TALENT! So all you so called "music buffs" should open your minds and ears and realize all music is good, there is SOMETHING to like in most of it, and plenty to learn from all of it. American Idol is just another avenue to the exploitation of the many talented music artists that exist in the world.
Old 2/18/05, 08:48 AM
I'm people, and I like.

I would disagree with you when it comes to some of the MTV-age music... Since MTV started, many "musicians" have become famous simply because of their looks, or their actions away from the stage. Most of these "musicians" do not even sing live, but have a tape play for them, and even in the studio their voices are altered so much that it's not their's anymore. Look at milli vanilli (sp?) for example, they had other talented artists sing for them in the studio and in tour.
I cant have respect for that.
Old 2/18/05, 11:35 AM
Bullitt Member

thezeppelin8 - As a matter of fact I do play some instruments. I'm good at the Sax, ok on the drums and I dabble a little on the keyboard(mostly by ear). However, I have to say that singing has always been my passion. My friends and I tried to start up a band, but we're all so busy that we usually just get together when we can and just jam. Actually, now I want to start picking up the guitar or accordion (yeah that's right, I said accordion :P ) because I'm into norteƱo and tejano music.

I agree with you on some of the new performers. Lindsay Lohan and Ashlee Simpson?!?! :nono: I hate when a performer can't even hold a note! I realize that people have their own style of singing, but talking in rhythm or pattern is not singing.

r22tech - Not wanting to sound rude either, but you don't even know me. Just making assumptions like that is not cool. I'm not trying to solidify why I think I'm a music buff by responding to you, but I will tell you a little more of my relation to the subject...

Whether I'm writing, singing, dancing or just listening to it, music is therapeutic to me. It has helped me during the toughest of times and makes me feel even better when times are great. Music, along with several artists, have not only inspired me but I believe have helped me inspire others. When someone asks me what kind of music do I like, I really mean when I say "ALL KINDS!" I could go on forever about each genre, but I would rather just say it's a wide variety. I have come to respect and appreciate all genres and where they derived from, but that doesn't necessarily grant the respective artist my admiration. I'm not going to like all artists, groups or songs. Can I take something from those I don't like? Sure, just as long as they have some talent. I wasn't intending to lash out on U2 and say they are the worst band ever and nobody should listen to them, rather they don't tend to "float my boat" in my PERSONAL taste. I was brought up around music, and it's one of the few things at this stage of my life that I know quite well.
Old 2/18/05, 02:54 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

All yall sit on it!
April Has Excalibur!

http://www.fender.com/products/show.php?partno=0117602

Unfortunately when you play it you do not become possessed by the slowhand himself and immediately able to play it like him.
Old 2/18/05, 04:06 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Originally posted by t69r00p69@February 18, 2005, 10:38 AM
thezeppelin8 - As a matter of fact I do play some instruments. I'm good at the Sax, ok on the drums and I dabble a little on the keyboard(mostly by ear). However, I have to say that singing has always been my passion. My friends and I tried to start up a band, but we're all so busy that we usually just get together when we can and just jam. Actually, now I want to start picking up the guitar or accordion (yeah that's right, I said accordion :P ) because I'm into norteƱo and tejano music.
That's cool... I play drums ^_^
Little bit of guitar and bass because of my brothers, and some piano/organ.
Accordion huh? lol, no flaming from me... i grew up listening to norteno/tejano music on my parents' radio lol
What is your ethnic background by the way? just curious
Old 2/18/05, 04:07 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Originally posted by EleanorsMine@February 18, 2005, 1:57 PM
All yall sit on it!
April Has Excalibur!

http://www.fender.com/products/show.php?partno=0117602

Unfortunately when you play it you do not become possessed by the slowhand himself and immediately able to play it like him.
:w00t:
congrats April!

Quick Reply: American Idol