Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

3 weeks and counting till summer

Search this Thread

Old 5/4/05, 05:32 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ahhh schools out in 20 days. Which means my kids are finally free to go on vacation again!!

Which makes me dream of margaritas and pina coladas and white sand and waterslides and crab legs and seafood...

Here is the best hotel(save for the Days inn with the waterfall) on the beach:

http://www.flamingomotel.com/home.htm

Eleanors inagural beach trip! Cruising the strip in her is gonna be fun!
Old 5/4/05, 05:46 AM
GT Member

Summer sound great. In three weeks this wedding thing of our daughter will be over and she will be in her our home. We plan to do alot of road trips. I should sit and think about where we might go. My son will be out of school in about four weeks. He wants to visit my family in Virginia for three weeks. So that means Steve and I will be child free for a while. My son Tyler will work at the Lewisetta Marina. He love it there. He can work, fish, swim and hang out talk to other fishermen. He can't wait. I just wish it would get warm already.
Old 5/4/05, 05:51 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

We got blackberry winter going on....I don't like blackberry winter.
Tomorrow it finally warms back up. Its been in the high 60s all week. Ugh. Beach time can not get here soon enough. Going at the end of June this year.
Old 5/4/05, 06:46 AM
GT Member

Black berry winter? All I can say is that has been chilli here. We had frost last week just as my cherry tree was about to bloom. I lost a few blossoms. The trees up her are just flowering. And the grass is getting green. Colors of the season, I just love them. Summer I like to sit in the sun and bake as my husband says. He keeps the house too cool in the summer so I go out side to get warm.

Sorry it took so long I am at work and my coworker was here with a few questions about American Idol.
Old 5/4/05, 06:56 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I detest Air conditioning. I never use my car AC. If I am home alone I don't use the one in the house. I like being warm, like a snake.

Blacberry winter:
Its the spring cold snap down south that happens so the blackberries bloom and bring us berry happiness.
Old 5/4/05, 07:04 AM
GT Member

I feel the same way. If it gets too hot, put the top down on the car and go for a ride. While you are out stop for ice cream or a fruit sloshy. I love doing that. I love to smell fresh air, hear birds singing. You know what, all this doing is making me sad. I want it to be summer already.
Old 5/4/05, 07:04 AM
GT Member

It's about to be "Black fly" season here in Vermont,,,but that's OK,,because I'm about to receive my "Black GT" where I can just roll up my windows and jam on my shaker 500
Old 5/4/05, 07:09 AM
GT Member

I never heard of fly season. Wow, I'm glad thats not me. We just have wet springs, and all the dairy farms smell really bad. By summer it smells better up her. But you live further north then I.

Happy to hear about the GT. You will love it.
Old 5/4/05, 08:02 AM
GT Member

Yeah,,,Vermont has 4 seasons,,,,WINTER, Mud season, 4th of July, and Deer season !! (not exactly Mustang country ) What state to you reside in?
Old 5/4/05, 08:22 AM
I'm people, and I like.

I have to wait two more weeks for summer vacation, and it's off to Napa for me!
Old 5/4/05, 08:24 AM
GT Member

I live in Pennsylvania. Southern Pennsylvania, about 5 miles from Mason Dixon line. We have all four seasons here. I have always wanted to go to Vermont. My husband and I love mountains. I hear the leave change is beutiful up there. I am an artist, so colors are my thing.
Old 5/4/05, 08:26 AM
GT Member

Cruise up north in your Stang in late September - early October for maximum colors. :drive:
Old 5/4/05, 08:33 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by ALLMINE65@May 4, 2005, 8:27 AM
I live in Pennsylvania. Southern Pennsylvania, about 5 miles from Mason Dixon line. We have all four seasons here. I have always wanted to go to Vermont. My husband and I love mountains. I hear the leave change is beutiful up there. I am an artist, so colors are my thing.
Beautiful country there. Its my hubby and my favorite state. I adore driving through.
Old 5/4/05, 03:11 PM
FR500 Member

over the summer, I'm gonna go up north to Newport, Rhode Island, and visit with my uncle and other family in boston...oh its great up there....the food, beaches (uncle has private beach), and houses (including my uncles 9000 sq. feet pad, not jokin)...oh man I wanna live up there
Old 5/5/05, 05:46 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

A little bird told me his sisters family is going to Disney in June....and our presence is requested.
I am possibly the only person on earth who HATES Disney World-unless you are 3 all that cutesiness is just silly-gimme adventures. Just ten minutes off is Universal who has Dueling Dragons..And a margaritaville with Fizzy drinks. Whats disney got for $65 a pop? Its a small world and some teacups?

I was last there in 2000 when my kids were LITTLE. Took them to Universal in 2003, they loved it. FUN FUN FUN! The boy and I rode Dueling dragons about 20 times.

Oh well, guess I can grit my teeth and bare it for one day.
Old 5/5/05, 06:00 AM
GT Member

We didn't like Disney either. I hated when I was a kid too. My parents bought passes for a week there. We were there of six hours and were ready to go. We stood outside the gates and sold the tickets to some people going in.

I love the south. Georgia is my favorite state. We took a road trip about four years ago and stayed in bed and breakfasts the whole way down from Pennsylvainia to Florida. It was wonderful. It was February and we left snow and ice for 70 degree weather with flowers in bloom. Wonderful.
Old 5/5/05, 06:02 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I hope to get my roller coaster fix in with a quick trip to Six Flags in Ga soon.

And then my waterpark fix this summer at Shipwreck Island in Panama City Beach.
Old 5/5/05, 06:08 AM
GT Member

We love Bush Garden In Virginia. The coaster there are great. And the have great water rides. No matte how hot it gets you can always ride a water ride get wet and cool off. I haven't been there in a few years but wish we could soon.

Gotta go will check in later.
Old 5/6/05, 05:24 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Our company is doing a job for Universal. I have been saved from Disneyworld Hades by Comped passes!!! PLUS a free hotel! Did I mention Margaritaville is over there? Home of cheeseburgers in Paradise and fizzy margaritas.
Old 5/6/05, 05:31 AM
GT Member

I hope you don't think I am nuts for chats with you. Seems we think alot alike. My husband just got back from Orlando on tuesday. He ws there for bussness. Great weather there. We had rain the whole time.

1 week until the wedding over. We shelled out last night 4K for reception last night. Steve says that after the wedding is over we will hit the road, just he and I. Can't wait!

Quick Reply: 3 weeks and counting till summer