Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

"24" Season 6

Search this Thread

Old 10/24/06, 01:09 PM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
"24" Season 6

Well, the trailer to Day 6 was just released on the Fox website. It makes you think that this year could be the year that "it" actually happens. For those who haven't seen the trailer, go here: http://www.24trailer.com/ .

This certainly will be an interesting season to say the least. I don't know if I can wait til January 14th and 15th.
Old 10/24/06, 02:19 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmm.
I wonder where it will go with Audrey's character being on the nine now?

Got me all excited, and January is still 2 months off.
Old 10/24/06, 03:21 PM
Cobra Member

The site is so busy, it took me 10 minutes to watch a 2 minute video.
Old 10/24/06, 05:20 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
24!

Old 10/24/06, 05:39 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by freebass55
The site is so busy, it took me 10 minutes to watch a 2 minute video.
That's crazy. I logged on and watched exactly when it was released on the Fox website. Watched it a few times.
Old 10/24/06, 05:40 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by EleanorsMine
Hmm.
I wonder where it will go with Audrey's character being on the nine now?

Got me all excited, and January is still 2 months off.
I don't know, but I have heard from somewhere (can't remember where) that she should be as significant of a character as she has been so I don't think she'll be like Tony and Michelle were in Season 5. I guess we'll see though.
Old 10/24/06, 07:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

woo hoo!

looks like chloe cleans up pretty nice!
Old 10/24/06, 07:23 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I doubt they actually kill him, not a 24ish type thing to tell us something that actually happens.
Old 10/25/06, 05:20 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Wait a fricking minute;
How did Wayne Palmer become President???????????

Old 10/25/06, 05:27 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

SPOOOOOOOILERRRRRRRRRRR:
Episode 6.0
Prequel.

September 6th - It's basically Jack getting tortured in China and him saying nothing. Then you think he's gonna get to escape, but it's a trap.
Source - Nina Myers at HQ

Episode 6.1
6:00 a.m. - 7:00 a.m.
Airdate - January 14th, 2007
Airtime: 8:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.

October 4th - 24, this year's most Emmy Award-winning television series (with five Emmys, including Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series (Kiefer Sutherland) and Outstanding Drama Series), sets the clock for "Day Six" with a four-hour, two-night television event Sunday, Jan. 14 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) and Monday, Jan. 15 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.
Source - Fox

August 24th - Director Jon Cassar is establishing the show's White House story, which has always been integral to the spy thriller set in the Counter Terrorist Unit in Los Angeles. The writers, it seems, have come up with a doozy: Wayne Palmer, the deceased former president's brother who was with him when he was assassinated, has become the leader of the free world. How this goes down, nobody is telling. But here he (D.B. Woodside) is, the first time viewers see him in the Oval Office, and in typical "24" fashion, things are not good. America is already under some form of terrorist attack when the season opens, and Jack, who was last seen literally on a slow boat to China, has been behind bars there for 20 months. So the new president is ticked. Cassar coaches the actor on the gradations of anger — "Be angry at the situation, not the people" — and when Woodside, Peter MacNicol, who has joined the cast as a presidential special advisor, and Jayne Atkinson, who plays Karen Hayes, a Homeland Security official, perform the scene again, it is gripping.
Source - L.A. Times

July 13th - First eps is 6am to 7am. Buchanan is negotiating with 'Fayed' to get info on 'Assad'. Fayed will only trade info for custody of Jack. Jack isn’t in CTU custody. He appears to be cooperating with Bill and Curtis because he knows it’s the only way to stop the bad guys. Fayed tells Bill that in order for them to get to Assad, they have to lock Jack to a fence and then they'll be given Assad's location. When Fayed gets Jack he proceeds to torture him for what Jack had done to his brother. Fayed 'admires the Chinese handiwork', the many scars on Jack's torso, and his burned and scarred hands. Fayed beats and kicks Jack, then has him strapped to a chair and starts with a knife. Meanwhile, Morris is consoling Chloe, at work, because Buchanan gave the baddies Jack. Turns out 'Assad' is actually a good guy and 'Fayed' made it look like he was a baddie so CTU would kill him. Fayed set up Assad because he betrayed the cause. He tells this to Jack before he kills him, as all supervillians do, then steps out to take a call. Big mistake. Jack attacks the lone guard by biting his throat open.
Source - SecretAgentMan at TWoP

July 7th - In the first eps. we will meet Ahmet's father, Yusuf, a middle class Simi Valley businessman who is suspected of being a terrorist, but is actually innocent and has no idea of his son's activities.
Source - SecretAgentMan at TWoP

Episode 6.2
7:00 a.m. - 8:00 a.m.
Airdate - January 14th, 2007
Airtime: 9:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.

August 22nd - Episode 6.02 will mark the arrival of a new CTU agent. Agent Samuels is a tough and in control Caucasian man in his mid-30s. He will be the head of Field Operations. Samuels will appear in several episodes throughout the season.
Source - Spoilerfix

Episode 6.3 & 6.4
8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
Airdate - January 15th, 2007
Airtime: 8:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.

Old 10/25/06, 05:32 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by EleanorsMine
Wait a fricking minute;
How did Wayne Palmer become President???????????

Asking myself the same thing!!!
But anyway, Oh Yeahhhhh!!!!
Old 10/25/06, 05:33 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally Posted by Tiberius1701
Asking myself the same thing!!!
But anyway, Oh Yeahhhhh!!!!
Yea what you said.

Its 20 months later from the end of day 5........
Old 10/25/06, 07:28 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Another Palmer in office....... Bill still over CTU.. glad to see Curtis is still there...... man this is going to be awesome!!
Old 10/25/06, 08:46 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Scothew
Another Palmer in office....... Bill still over CTU.. glad to see Curtis is still there...... man this is going to be awesome!!
Yes, Yes it is. Trailer really got my pumping again
Old 10/25/06, 02:05 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

20 months......Audrey must have moved on along.

Chloe looks all shined up and pretty though this season.

Jack Dead---Yea right. 24 IS Jack Bauer.
Old 10/25/06, 02:56 PM
Cobra Member

I agree that it seems hard to imagine that they'll actually kill Jack since they made it so obvious in the trailer that that's what has to happen. Who knows how this will unfold and have Jack make it through, but he's already gone into hiding once and that didn't last long. So, hopefully they don't go that route at the end of the season again if he does in fact survice his "sacrifice" to end the attacks on America.

I'm sure there is going to come a day where Jack will finally die and "24" will either end, or they're really going to have to come up with another hard-*** to take Jack's place. I like Curtis, but he doesn't have that intensity that would be needed to keep people's interest if Jack were to die at some point. I remember there used to be a rumor that Edward Norton was going to be brought in to replace Jack. While that rumor was discredited, I could kinda see him being able to play a character with Jack-like intensity. Maybe Jason Strayhan or whatever his name is that was in the Transporter movies could do it too?
Old 10/25/06, 04:00 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by John H
I agree that it seems hard to imagine that they'll actually kill Jack since they made it so obvious in the trailer that that's what has to happen. Who knows how this will unfold and have Jack make it through, but he's already gone into hiding once and that didn't last long. So, hopefully they don't go that route at the end of the season again if he does in fact survice his "sacrifice" to end the attacks on America.

I'm sure there is going to come a day where Jack will finally die and "24" will either end, or they're really going to have to come up with another hard-*** to take Jack's place. I like Curtis, but he doesn't have that intensity that would be needed to keep people's interest if Jack were to die at some point. I remember there used to be a rumor that Edward Norton was going to be brought in to replace Jack. While that rumor was discredited, I could kinda see him being able to play a character with Jack-like intensity. Maybe Jason Strayhan or whatever his name is that was in the Transporter movies could do it too?
I agree Jack is 24 and 24 is Jack.
Jason Statham is the Transporter guy and I think he could make a pretty good Jack if Keifer was gone.
Old 10/25/06, 04:52 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Im still waiting for FOX to spring hte big bucks and bring Donald Sutherland in as Jack Baurs dad for a cameo or part of the sequence. That would be killer!
Old 10/26/06, 07:27 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

How did Jack get sprung from China to be part of the Lets Kill Jack Part deux scheme?

I wonder wonder and can't wait till January!
Old 10/26/06, 08:10 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Well in the trailer you saw Jack getting off the back of the plane and the Chinese Counsler was standing there as well. So maybe the US struck a deal since Jack was going to die either way.

Quick Reply: "24" Season 6