Worst car you've ever owned?

Search this Thread

Old 9/10/05, 12:23 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry

I used to drive one like this but red, ever more ugly

I bet you most of you didnt even know a car like this existed haha

it was actually funto drive, impossible to roll over(I even tried having a ford falcon crashing me on the side )

it had 2 cylinders, 602 cc 26 horse power no radiator!! and the shifter was a stick coming straight from the dash!!

if cars have a face this guy is an alien.

I don't know the 0 to 60 mph time, because I never got that fast

I wish I could find pics of mine, between other ugly cars, I had a 1965 dodge dart 4 door(called valiant 3) that had a nice slant 6,

did I won something for having the uglyest car??
hehe.. hope you like it guys.
Old 9/10/05, 12:30 AM
Bullitt Member

some more pics...

one of the things I remember was the very characteristic sound of the motor, it was like the sound of the jetsons little car, but less bold.

I had it when I was around 18 yr old, a lot of fun though.

I could never break it either.
Old 9/10/05, 12:36 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

now that's the car you want to be in

I haven't owned many car's, so my worst which wasn't bad at all, was a 1990 Ford Ranger XLT Lariat with a 2.9L V6 and a stick.
She never gave big problems on the 300K+ miles she had, and we got her used with 50k miles already. I got the truck with somewhere over 200k, so I didn't think she'd last me, but it did. It didn't go for being bad, but it went from someone elses iresponisbility. Sure the sychros were completely gone, and the brake lines leaked a bit, and she rode hard for having the original shocks, but she was a fun 1st driving experience.
Old 9/10/05, 12:36 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by Sonic05@June 30, 2005, 4:58 PM
100 HP 2.3L, Woohoo!
Wow, Ford must have really upgraded that engine through the years! I had a 2.3L in my '79 Pinto, it only put out 88hp. I'm sooo jealous.

I wish I had funny stories to tell about the Pinto or my '85 Caprice, but they've both been good, reliable cars.

This is the best thread ever!
Old 9/10/05, 07:07 AM

87 Olds Cutlass Ceirra. Inherited it from my wifes aunt. My wife drove it until she couldn't stand it anymore than we got her a new vehicle and I drove it. Power doorlocks that always froze up and you have to stand there pushing the remote open-close-open-close for a friggin hour hoping it would break loose and open. You had to shut the radio off to get the antenna to go down and after the third time I broke it going through the car wash I just left it halfway up and had to listen to the motor run trying to retract it every time I shut it off. The seat rocked AND EVERY BOLT & NUT WAS TIGHT! It developed this thing where it would just momentarly cut out while accelerating and it took me forever to find it; wiring harness near exhaust had hardened and cracked and would break contact on acceleration .....sometimes. My wife got a flat tire in the middle of the night in the middle of winter in the middle of a snowstorm and when I got there to ahange it because she couldn't get the wheel cover off, neither could I. The stupid wheel covers have a special tool thats required to unsrew the stupid thing from the wheel center, and of course the special tool is NOT to be found... except at the dealer the next day for like $15. The only thing that worked properly on that car was the Check Engine light. But the final blow was the day we decided to sell it, I had the FOR SALE signs on the seat next to me, hit the key, started to crank, large bang and then the starter freewheeled. Blew the timing chain gear apart. Had to pay to have it repaired because once again its the middle of friggin winter. Brought it home and noticed a large puddle of oil under the car, they had left the oil drain plug in only finger tight. Man, was I happy to see that car leave.
Old 9/10/05, 09:20 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Now that's a beater!
You got it last so it must have been some great times you and that car.
Old 9/10/05, 10:26 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
beaters can be kinda cool hehe our 93 protege is | | this close to 190K. the interiosr is cleaner than out 98 lol

tweed owns!!!!!

its even got hubcaps now :P

the thing wont die. ever

its like a bad epsiode of PMR it just wont stop. hehe, i wanna keep it and mount painball bus on it ins secret spots...

like make em come out under the front valence. then i'd have a laser pointer in the center of the mazda logo in the grille to 'paint' my target before i...well...paint it maybe i'll use THAT for my landspeeder build hehehe....

maybe i should buy a wrecked stang and do a RWD V8 conversion. in a car that light....hehehehe

and thats just the boredom talking! wait till the booze gets in there :P
Old 9/19/05, 05:11 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

1999 Olds Alero!!!!!!!!! Cause I have dumped thousands into it and it still won't work worth a dang.....

Toss that up with the resto we had- 1986 Bronco which took 3 engines and a transmission before it finally coughed its last breath December 18 of last year clearing the way for Eleanor.
Old 9/19/05, 05:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

1976 Vega - bought used from a body shop that had painted it - nicely. It had been owned by So Cal Edison - so it was a fleet car. Only the driver's seat was adjustable (the passenger seat bolted directly to the floor). It was a coupe. No radio, no air, no nothing. The Vega had a 4 quart engine -I drove it from California to illinois - pulling in 5 quarts along the way - semi-automatic oil change. Once the 'overheat' light came on. The car was cold. So, instead of the warning light coming on with the ignition in the 'on' position - it came on when the `car was running. Later, the starter fell off the car with the back of the block cracked (well, the portion that the starter motor bolted to). Fixed that, replaced the tranny -in my driveway (had to pull the engine). Sold it for junk for $500.00. But as we all know, it need it's job: getting me to work and back (well not always - had to take the bus several weeks). War stories...don't you just love them.
Old 9/19/05, 02:17 PM
Bullitt Member

this kid at school had a rusted old chevy truck and one day he was in the bed trying to get something out, and he just fell through the bottom
he was just like "holy crap, howd this hole get here!"
Old 9/20/05, 01:16 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Originally posted by htwag@September 19, 2005, 5:56 AM
1976 Vega
Sold it for junk for $500.00. But as we all know, it need it's job: getting me to work and back (well not always - had to take the bus several weeks). War stories...don't you just love them.
Good Lord, I should've sold my 1991 Taurus for more than $50.
Old 9/20/05, 02:33 PM
Bullitt Member

I had a 79 Capri 2.8 litre Hatchback that I bought in 92 for 1500. I had just totaled my 84 SVO which I kept prestine and was down in the dumps. It was a bucket but the closest I could find to a stang in my price range at the time. It was an auto but you had to stick a screwdriver down it's throat to get it in gear. I had a stick in the back as well to hold up the hatchback. I blew the heads by overheating it and the driver seat only had one posistion as it was stuck. The reveiw mirror kept falling off and it was a flat tire waiting to happen, and happen they did. I still manage to put over a 100,000 mile on it with very little investment so it worked out well.
Old 9/20/05, 07:13 PM
GT Member

You guys were driving in style. I have a 1977 Gremlin X (Sporty) Woo hoo you know you wish you had one.
Old 9/20/05, 10:38 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
gremlins are cool :P
Old 9/21/05, 05:12 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Imagine being 16- and being punished for wrecking your moms car and hiding the fact by getting a mustang denied to you.........

Six months later after getting your license back from your parents(yes they took it away) you get a

1981 CAMARO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This was in 1989.... A camaro because I hated them and wanted a mustang- but was being punished.

I have been embarassed about that for sixteen years now.

It was fugly. It didn't like cold weather. It was prone to not starting. It was ugly...... :notnice: The Ttops leaked.
Old 9/21/05, 06:39 AM
Cobra Member

1978 Pontiac Phoenix. V6 Engine. Main bearings went at 32.000 km or 18000 miles. Apparently GM knew that the V6 engine in that car was a problem but sold them anyways. Now I know why the salesman at the GM dealership wanted me to buy the extended warranty. Good thing I did too.

Pontiac, Pontiac, I wish I had my money back!
Old 9/21/05, 09:01 AM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Originally posted by EleanorsMine@September 21, 2005, 5:15 AM
Imagine being 16- and being punished for wrecking your moms car and hiding the fact by getting a mustang denied to you.........

Six months later after getting your license back from your parents(yes they took it away) you get a
1981 CAMARO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This was in 1989.... A camaro because I hated them and wanted a mustang- but was being punished.
I have been embarassed about that for sixteen years now.

It was fugly. It didn't like cold weather. It was prone to not starting. It was ugly...... :notnice: The Ttops leaked.
Are you serious? I would love to have 1981 Camaro as my first car. Was it Z28? I love those 1977-1981 Camaros.
Old 9/21/05, 10:30 AM
Mach 1 Member

1966 Tan Plymouth Fury II

Had to start it with a screw driver
Old 9/21/05, 04:10 PM
Bullitt Member

Hey, I had a '66 Plymouth Belvedere, inherited it from a family member, and it was, well, pretty boring!

But my worst vehicle is a tie - I had a '74 Blazer with a 350 that barely ran, had bodywork by Rust, and interior by Rot, but then I also had a '66 Bonneville that I bought from a buddy for $150 when I had to put my 240Z in the shop for a month.

I had to park it downhill so the fuel line wouldn't leak out, and I could turn the wheel thru about 60 degrees of arc with no effect on which direction I was going!

But that 455 V8 sure could move when I wanted it to!!
Old 9/22/05, 05:59 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by Red Star@September 21, 2005, 10:04 AM
Are you serious? I would love to have 1981 Camaro as my first car. Was it Z28? I love those 1977-1981 Camaros.
Serious as a heart attack!

Twasn't a z-28- Just a camaro......

BUT It was a POS and I had to make payments on it to my Dad for 2 years. I figured If I was paying......I shoulda driven what I wanted.

Quick Reply: Worst car you've ever owned?