General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

Transformers 09 Camaro, did you like it?

Search this Thread

Old 7/6/07, 11:43 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Transformers 09 Camaro, did you like it?

I saw Transformers last night. Kick butt movie. Was anyone impressed with the look of the yellow 09 Camaro with the 20 inch wheels?

As a die hard Mustang fan, I was very impressed with the look. I've only seen it in stills but the car in action was very pleasing to the eyes.

Of course the Saleen Mustang was totally sick.
Old 7/6/07, 01:04 PM
Cobra Member

The Camaro was a saleen too. It was actually a GTO with a fiberglass concept body (since the only running '09 camaro is the silver concept, and it is in no shape for stunt driving). Saleen built the cars for the movie using GTO donor cars, and concept bodies from GM. I dug the paint on that car. a slight pearl in the paint made it very cool. I definately dug how that car looked in the movie.
Old 7/6/07, 01:30 PM
Bullitt Member

nice car
Old 7/6/07, 08:43 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Love reading on all the camaro sites about how sick the car is, how the crowds were chearing for the car, and everyone in the theatre was going to buy one... 2 years later no less....

No offence to anyone, but chearing at a movie...
Old 7/6/07, 09:18 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It was cool looking. I am looking forward to seeing them on the street, as well as the Challenger. Nice to see some of the "old faces" coming back.

I just wonder what the longevity of those cars will be.
Old 7/6/07, 10:25 PM
whs
GT Member

Originally Posted by Fryguy
I just wonder what the longevity of those cars will be.
Any truth to the rumor that GM is having problems getting the dash in the prototypes to rattle like the 82-92 cars.

I've seen pictures of the concept car, it is pleasing to the eye but only slightly more so than say a Cavalier. For some reason the Camaro didn't look nearly as good as the concept TransAm pics that have been floating around the web.
Old 7/6/07, 11:33 PM
Cobra R Member

not seen movie...this it?

Old 7/7/07, 12:36 AM
Founding MOTM
Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Personally, I could live without it. The last couple generations of Camaros have been ugly as hell, so i'm glad they're starting to look much better. I agree the Firebird concept looks MUCH better. I think the Challenger will be a better-looking car though.
Old 7/7/07, 06:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by whs
Any truth to the rumor that GM is having problems getting the dash in the prototypes to rattle like the 82-92 cars.
Don't forget the 70's! I had the unfortunate "honor" of owning a new '77 Camaro. The thing almost fell apart after a year of driving it over the railroad ruts in Panama City Florida.
Old 7/7/07, 08:42 AM
Mach 1 Member

As much as I love Camaros (third gens, that is), I never grew to like the fourth gens. As for this new fifth gen, I dislike it even more. (Maybe this is why we own two Mustangs now!) Now the new Challenger is a different story. I've owned half a dozen '70 Challengers, ranging for the base 318 car to a plum crazy R/T convertible...

What are you talking about? None of mine have ever rattled....
Old 7/7/07, 09:40 AM
V6 Member

What, no praise for Jazz? That little Solstice gave it's life for... well, I'm pretty sure it blew up somewhere doing something that saved us all from Megatron's evil plan to use the cube to turn complex machines that didn't exist 3,000 years ago when he arrived on Earth into non-existant killing machines.

There was so much stuff blowing up I sort of lost track. I was surprised by the cheering when the Mustang and Camaro we on screen together. That's lost on me.

I will buy whatever gets me Megan Fox.
Old 7/7/07, 12:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Outlander
+1,000,000
Old 7/7/07, 01:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

I gotta see this movie, I am glad that GM is back in the game, competition usually makes everyone better, we will see though

Sam
Old 7/7/07, 03:48 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had some chicks next to me all yellin about "oh man, dat Camaro is hot". Bla bla bla. I stand by my statement that I feel they'll have trouble selling 60-80,000 the first year. Sales will die off after that. While nice and with a superior powertrain (at least in theory since the new Camaro doesn't yet actually exist) we've seen it proven more than once before. Powertrain alone will not sell cars.

Mustang has more appeal and a much larger following/fan base.
Old 7/7/07, 07:59 PM
whs
GT Member

Originally Posted by Willie

What are you talking about? None of mine have ever rattled....
A few of the die hard Ford guys that I know, as well as Camaro fans seems to complain about the rattles and squeaks those cars have. In my opinion it is caused by abusing the cars. I've only ridden in one Camaro that had dash rattle, (it was a seriously abused hackjob) in hindsight I should never have ridden in it. Currently I've got 114,000 miles on my 99 TA without any irritating noises. The car feels solid. My only issue with GM is that they won't bring back the Trans Am.
Old 7/7/07, 11:19 PM

Sadly, I have a distinct feeling that most will end up as pimped-out bling cars like the current Chargers. I can see a few old guys with money keeping it true to the muscle car heritage, though.
Old 7/8/07, 02:39 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I thought the car was gorgeous! I figured even if the movie sucked (it didn't), it would have been worth the 9$ just to see that car running around for two hours onscreen.

The wheels are actually 22"s! And they're actually wheel COVERS, haha--hubcaps. Some pretty badass hubcaps!
Old 7/8/07, 12:01 PM
GT Member

I've heard rumors about Chevy having trouble getting them to fall into a price range with the Mustang. I believe they'll sell when they come out, but not as much as some people think.
Old 7/8/07, 12:07 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Outlander
What, no praise for Jazz? That little Solstice gave it's life for... well, I'm pretty sure it blew up somewhere doing something that saved us all from Megatron's evil plan to use the cube to turn complex machines that didn't exist 3,000 years ago when he arrived on Earth into non-existant killing machines.

There was so much stuff blowing up I sort of lost track. I was surprised by the cheering when the Mustang and Camaro we on screen together. That's lost on me.

Jazz as the character that was cool lets kick it he goes but the poor bot got ripped in two by Megatron. ?
Old 7/8/07, 12:11 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
I personally liked it! Before I saw the movie, I thought they were hideous looking, but the yellow paint job did it for me I think. I'd still much rather have a mustang though!

Quick Reply: Transformers 09 Camaro, did you like it?