General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

Top Gear Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 8/2/04 | 01:08 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

If you want to join the "bias toward Corvette", you can check out the party here:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=874885

I just enjoyed watching the C6 perform...all those power slides
Old 8/2/04 | 02:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

I just thought about this for a while (I'm at work!) and just wanted to say I'm sorry if people don't agree with me. But I don't didn't feel like it was appropriate to ask me to leave the topic because I have a different viewpoint on this topic.

I'm also sorry to Burningman for changing the course of the topic about the actual perrformance of the car. I hope he doesn't have any bad feelings against me.
Old 8/2/04 | 03:10 PM
Bullitt Member

Heh I don't mind them slinging a few one-liners our way, I take it as good-natured ribbing just as Burningman was saying. It's the inherant attitude that American cars are somehow not as worthy, simply because they're American (hello ... we invented the modern automobile heh) that bugs me. But y'know what? For the C6 to get equal billing on a show that routinely features $400,000 supercars, and to outperform the TVR 350 ... that's pretty darn nifty
Old 8/2/04 | 04:46 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Originally posted by BlackRiderX@August 2, 2004, 1:56 PM
If you post it I can give my opinion on anything I want. I didn't see a header under the topic that said " for a select few people only". If you are so upset about my opinion maybe you should start your own board. If not, don't tell me when to post.

you are more than welcome to post your comments I couldn't care less.

I was only making a statement to ease your mind but hey if you want someones opinion to get you upset then go for it.

Seems like a pointless venture but that's my opinion

I don't remeber telling you to not post. Obviously you read that into my statement. I'm not gonna get into this with you and it wasn't a personal attack.

Just don't expect any of us who like Top Gear and have a tongue planted in our cheeks to care about the whining. I know I will be too busy laughing with my British brothers and having a ball with the Top Gear guys.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[EDIT] BlackRiderX just read you work post...i stand by what i said..and no worries. All i was saying in my last post in a long winded way was for everyone to chill..not anyone imparticular. And NOT asking anyone to leave. I think you took that wrong. My apologies for not makingmyself clear. I didn't post this so we all could get into a pissing match about what the Brits think of americans. I have the utmost respect for them and take Top Gear for what it is... (A car show that does it the way I think they all should, tongue planted firmly in cheek with the useful comentary about the particulars about the vehicles.) TG is a great mix of humor and seriousness. There is no reason to let it bug you. But like i said before that is your choice.

No worries Blackrider.. it takes more than that to make me not like someone. You have your opinions and they are just a valuble as mine or anyones. I wont take sides with anyone..I just want us to have fun and enjoy coming here. I hope the guy that runs sleepy fish joins so we can all thank him for his contribution.

It's all good bro
Old 8/2/04 | 05:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Whatever, I now see that the corvette does have leaf springs, albeit transversely mounted composite leaf springs. I still don't have to like this obviously biased review however. I like most of their stuff but this seems like they went in thinking it stinked and stuck with it. I prefer 5th gear to top gear anyway.
Old 8/2/04 | 05:40 PM
GTR Member

I am sorry that I posted a comment that caused an argument!!

Rakshas, blackriderX, I would never hold feelings against you guys, we are all on the forum for the same reason, our love of anything mustang.....

Doug, Colonies????? you'll always be there
Old 8/2/04 | 06:22 PM
Bullitt Member

No hard feelings towards anyone on this thread, its a clip out of a tv show for gods sake!
Old 8/2/04 | 06:25 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

you hit it right on the head bro
Old 8/2/04 | 06:31 PM
Team Mustang Source

I thought it was funny the corvette is plastic and could use better materials the tech exists to make an easier clutch even with 400 trq. I like the corvette but I would get the Z51 suspension package. There is no need to get your red white and blue shorts in a wad. The Brits aren't the French after all. Now for some true American power see following
Old 8/2/04 | 06:52 PM
GTR Member

Originally posted by Greywolf@August 2, 2004, 8:34 PM
The Brits aren't the French after all.
Glad someone can tell the difference!!

Anyway, I'm on vacation for a bit now, I will try to post from the med! B)

Rakshas, all I can say to your latest post is
Old 8/2/04 | 07:03 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Have a great cruise James!
Old 8/2/04 | 07:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by burningman+August 2, 2004, 4:49 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (burningman @ August 2, 2004, 4:49 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-BlackRiderX@August 2, 2004, 1:56 PM
If you post it I can give my opinion on anything I want. I didn't see a header under the topic that said " for a select few people only". If you are so upset about my opinion maybe you should start your own board. If not, don't tell me when to post.

you are more than welcome to post your comments I couldn't care less.

I was only making a statement to ease your mind but hey if you want someones opinion to get you upset then go for it.

Seems like a pointless venture but that's my opinion

I don't remeber telling you to not post. Obviously you read that into my statement. I'm not gonna get into this with you and it wasn't a personal attack.

Just don't expect any of us who like Top Gear and have a tongue planted in our cheeks to care about the whining. I know I will be too busy laughing with my British brothers and having a ball with the Top Gear guys.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[EDIT] BlackRiderX just read you work post...i stand by what i said..and no worries. All i was saying in my last post in a long winded way was for everyone to chill..not anyone imparticular. And NOT asking anyone to leave. I think you took that wrong. My apologies for not makingmyself clear. I didn't post this so we all could get into a pissing match about what the Brits think of americans. I have the utmost respect for them and take Top Gear for what it is... (A car show that does it the way I think they all should, tongue planted firmly in cheek with the useful comentary about the particulars about the vehicles.) TG is a great mix of humor and seriousness. There is no reason to let it bug you. But like i said before that is your choice.

No worries Blackrider.. it takes more than that to make me not like someone. You have your opinions and they are just a valuble as mine or anyones. I wont take sides with anyone..I just want us to have fun and enjoy coming here. I hope the guy that runs sleepy fish joins so we can all thank him for his contribution.

It's all good bro
[/b][/quote]
Old 8/2/04 | 07:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by jgsmuzzy@August 2, 2004, 5:43 PM
I am sorry that I posted a comment that caused an argument!!

Rakshas, blackriderX, I would never hold feelings against you guys, we are all on the forum for the same reason, our love of anything mustang.....

Doug, Colonies????? you'll always be there
B)
Old 8/2/04 | 07:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Rakshas@August 2, 2004, 6:25 PM
No hard feelings towards anyone on this thread, its a clip out of a tv show for gods sake!
I know how you feel. It's not evena big deal! It's been one of those 11 hour work days for me.
Old 8/2/04 | 07:35 PM
Post *****

Thanks for posting BM!!

James said he put this episode on DVD, so I am holding off until I receive the copy in the mail! Plus my broadband is running slow this evening!
Old 8/2/04 | 08:51 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Originally posted by BlackRiderX+August 2, 2004, 8:20 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BlackRiderX @ August 2, 2004, 8:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Rakshas@August 2, 2004, 6:25 PM
I know how you feel. It's not evena big deal! It's been one of those 11 hour work days for me. [/b][/quote]
I figured you were having a rough day
Have a better one tomarrow brutha

Jason hehehe I couldn't wait
Old 8/2/04 | 09:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by burningman+August 2, 2004, 8:54 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (burningman @ August 2, 2004, 8:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by BlackRiderX@August 2, 2004, 8:20 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Rakshas
@August 2, 2004, 6:25 PM

I know how you feel. It's not evena big deal! It's been one of those 11 hour work days for me.
I figured you were having a rough day
Have a better one tomarrow brutha

Jason hehehe I couldn't wait [/b][/quote]
Thanks. B)

To be honest with you I have wanted to buy a Corvette since first seeing a 1989 C4 and can't make my mind up between the C5 or the C6. I swear it's been driving me insane! I'm going to Kerbecks on Wednesday to see what kind of deal they can give me on a Z06. Just harder to make choices this costly when I see reviews bashing the new car's cheap quality. Inventory is becoming scarce on the C5 while dealers are telling me they won't get me a C6 for at least 6 months. The dealer who told me it would be at least a 6 month wait is the only one in my area who doesn't want 5-6 grand over sticker. To make it even worse, I would have to put the C6 order in asap and have no idea what all of the colors look like yet. :bang:
Old 8/2/04 | 09:25 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

well when you get it post pics man will love to see which ever you get
Old 8/2/04 | 11:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by burningman@August 2, 2004, 9:28 PM
well when you get it post pics man will love to see which ever you get
No problem. It's only a matter or time now.

BTW, there is an interview on the Digital Corvettes site with the reviewer who got the car after they were finished testing it.

"We had warned them not to give the car to BBC Top Gear first because they'd wreck it, and sure enough, as a result of their antics (see tomorrow night's programme) the car went back to the workshop in Dusseldorf with a stripped clutch, four bald tyres and damaged bodywork. I was impatient to get behind the wheel at last, but I was also prepared to be disappointed."
Old 8/3/04 | 01:08 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by matic@August 2, 2004, 3:13 PM
Heh I don't mind them slinging a few one-liners our way, I take it as good-natured ribbing just as Burningman was saying. It's the inherant attitude that American cars are somehow not as worthy, simply because they're American (hello ... we invented the modern automobile heh) that bugs me. But y'know what? For the C6 to get equal billing on a show that routinely features $400,000 supercars, and to outperform the TVR 350 ... that's pretty darn nifty
actually no, we invented the MODERN PRODUCTION AUTO MANUFACTURING LINE!!!

That's what Henry Ford Did!!!!

Quick Reply: Top Gear Corvette