General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

Stereo Options/Help......

Search this Thread

Old 11/13/07, 07:19 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stereo Options/Help......

well I'm sorta kinda a newbie when it comes to stereo equipment, speakers, etc. what not, I know my basic IPOD hookups and AUX Pie Adapter receivers for satellite radios and what not. but I'm a newbie when it comes to the other accessories to a stereo system. for the only thing that I know is my 05 mustang is equipped with the shaker 1000 stereo system, 9 speakers with 2 woofers in the truck, direct from ford. go figure.....

well for my 2007 focus I just have the basic basic system with the 1 disc CD changer with aux input (looks like a shaker unit). I'm trying to get a more better crisp sound quality from my radio but also put a nice beat of bass to the music as well. when I mean bass, I'm not talking about ricer imports who put mega 12" subwoofers in the trunk that makes the car rattle till something off the car falls off or I can hear the subwoofers like 14 blocks down the road. I'm not looking for that. I'm looking for more in the midrange, something that hit with a nice tolerable bass, but wont make it annoying. plus I'm looking to not have to put a woofer box in the trunk.

can anyone point me in the direction as to what I can benefit from, (kinds of speakers, brand names, etc.) that will give me what I'm looking for? Crutchfield gives me a good list of speakers based upon what will fit my car. but like I said, I'm no stereo expert, so I need some help
Old 11/15/07, 11:27 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Anything from Sony or Kenwood is good in my experience. I've got a full Sony system in my new car, I can make it rumble the door panels with base if I want, but it also plays good, crisp sounding music, when the controls are adjusted a little. Subwoofers arent that big of a deal, get some good door replacement speakers, and you may want tweeters. Im not audio expert myself, but I judge on what I've seen. It also doesnt help to go around to some audio places, specific stores, Circuit City, Best Buy, etc. and ask.
Old 11/15/07, 11:49 AM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
My mom's yukon has Bose speakers, and they sound awesome! Lots a bass, but not too much. And the sound is nearly perfect.