General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

Silliest Accident?

Search this Thread

Old 6/28/04, 02:39 PM
GTR Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
As in a previous thread, I had a slight argument with a BIG YELLOW GRITTER TRUCK :bang: . The question is, what was your most STOOPID accident???

James
Old 6/28/04, 02:56 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
When I was 17 in the spring of 1990 in my 1982 Mustang GLX ...

I ran smack dab into the front of a PARKED Chevy Nova. I had a Icee from 7-11 and had Just left my girlfriends house. I ended up spilling the Icee into my nether regions. It was rather unpleasantly cold, so I looked down to clear things away ...

A few seconds later: Boom. Bye Bye Nova ... and my car was in the shop for weeks and my parents weren't too happy.

/cross my fingers/ no other accidents since then
Old 6/28/04, 03:03 PM
GTR Member

Good one. Just to let you know that I not judgmental, I have another one, this time in the states.
When we did coast to coast in 2001 (unfortunately cut short by 9-11), I stopped at a petrified tree shop in Az (tourist!! ). I come out of the shop, got into my Rental rag-top Camaro and promptly reversed it into a foot wide yellow concrete post!! I had had the car to three months!! The rental firm weren't happy,but I had taken MAX insurance!
Just as well I didn't hire through Hertz, I would have been more annoyed if it had been a 'stang!!!!
Old 7/23/04, 04:42 PM
GTR Member

I am bumping this because I am sure that there are some really funny stories out there.

Come on, Share them !
Old 7/23/04, 05:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some idiot in a civic cut me off. One witness said I was trying to run the light. She was trying to get on from the main road to the high way southbound and she was comming from westbound. That means, that in order for her to go on, she would have to wait for the east bound traffic to clear. She decided to run the turnsignal light since she THOUGHT the eastbound traffic was clear. Guess which idiot happened to be driving east bound that she didn't noice? That would be me. I tried to slow down before we hit, I saw the whole thing, her comming at me, man it was scarry. I had no clue what to do at the time. Anyway, the front left of my Sable hit the front right of her Civic. I drove off road. I was okay and my two buddies in my car were fine. My front end was pretty screwed up. Don't even get me started on how much worse off the Civic was. The whole car was screwed up. The windshield, completely shattered, front crunched more than a pototato chip, and so on. That is why no one should ever buy a Honda.

Percieved quality is higher than what you get... lol! She didn't do so well though. She went to the emergency room and so did the child in her car who needed a halo. Wasn't too cool. The child was later found to not be in a child saftey seat which she should of been since she was under the age of five and the adult woman was not wearing a seatbelt. We know this because her head went under the steering wheel. Want to know the funny part about the story? It happened on Halloween and there was a grave near the site of the accident that said "Drive Saftely" because someone died there as the result of an unrelated car accident, about fifteen feet away from where mine happened. There is another funny part to this story. I now drive an Accord, how about that for tragic irony?

Oh yeah, I was found half fault because some unreliable witness said I 'may' have run the light. BS, but I don't care because it has been more than a year since that happened. I've had one or two smaller accidents where the guy hit me from behind since then. Thoose caused nothing more than a few scratches on my bumper.
Old 7/23/04, 05:28 PM
Team Mustang Source

I was fifteen and decided to get a burger at sonic. I went around the back to fast boucned off the steel rail gaurd in back slide across and hit one of the order boxes.
Old 7/23/04, 06:26 PM
GT Member

When I was sixteen (1996) I backed my '93 Grand Prix B4U into the front end of a Methodist minister's car! It was parked about ten feet behind me in my own driveway. Talk about embarrassing -- it was clear I simply wasn't paying attention!

Fortunately it was such a light bump that there weren't even any visible markings on either car (that old GP in particular could take a beating and just shake it off). The minister ended up marrying my wife and I four years later!

I have had no other traffic incidents since, and never one large enough to file a claim. My wife, on the other hand, seems determined to make up for both of us in that regard, as she totaled her two-year-old, leased Pontiac Vibe a week ago today. (It's ending up being a not-so-bad thing, since it's allowing us to replace it with a brand new Mazda6 5-door on the cheap courtesy of the Ford Z-plan...)
Old 7/27/04, 03:45 PM

I was in a '69 chevy chevelle ss (passenger). I never wear lap belts, because I think they do more damage than good. so me and my cousin were leaving the Sater bros parking lot, when this young lady darts across the parking lots at 20mph in a Mitsubishi Eclipse, she cuts right in front of us and my cousin (doing about 10 mph) could not stop on time and my cousin just broad sides the eclipse. I hit my head on the dash and blacked out for a minute. when i came to i saw the eclipse, it was totaled but still driveable. Before we could get out the girl took off! in a hurry, I don't know why, maybe it was daddys car? who knows, anyways we get out and take a look at the chevelle... nothing... just a small scratch on the hood. the eclipse was totaled (there was still glass on the floor) and just a small scratch on the chevelle (and a dent in the dash from my head, lol) we laughed, sweeped the eclipse's glass of the hood and left. (I still did not put on the lap belt)
Old 7/27/04, 06:24 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Herzeleid8@July 27, 2004, 9:48 PM
I was in a '69 chevy chevelle ss (passenger). I never wear lap belts, because I think they do more damage than good. so me and my cousin were leaving the Sater bros parking lot, when this young lady darts across the parking lots at 20mph in a Mitsubishi Eclipse, she cuts right in front of us and my cousin (doing about 10 mph) could not stop on time and my cousin just broad sides the eclipse. I hit my head on the dash and blacked out for a minute. when i came to i saw the eclipse, it was totaled but still driveable. Before we could get out the girl took off! in a hurry, I don't know why, maybe it was daddys car? who knows, anyways we get out and take a look at the chevelle... nothing... just a small scratch on the hood. the eclipse was totaled (there was still glass on the floor) and just a small scratch on the chevelle (and a dent in the dash from my head, lol) we laughed, sweeped the eclipse's glass of the hood and left. (I still did not put on the lap belt)
Ah the power of American body on frame construction. Now that's a story to tell to the kids.