General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

Pure Sex....I mean Pur Sang!!

Search this Thread

Old 4/4/08 | 10:03 PM
Team Mustang Source

Pure Sex....I mean Pur Sang!!

Old 4/4/08 | 10:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

That Bugatti is...well...wow. Super fast. I never really realized it had some bad angles too. I ended up liking the Mclaren F1 next to it a lot better. Go figure.

Last edited by Mackitraz; 4/5/08 at 12:49 AM.
Old 4/4/08 | 10:36 PM

that car is retarded fast...some ppl just have too much diposable income...
Old 4/5/08 | 04:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

im still trying to pick my jaw up off the floor
Old 4/5/08 | 05:29 AM
Legacy TMS Member

well yea!! Dam shame they trailerd it thereand probably every where else
Old 4/5/08 | 08:13 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Mackitraz
That Bugatti is...well...wow. Super fast. I never really realized it had some bad angles too. I ended up liking the Mclaren F1 next to it a lot better. Go figure.
I've yet to find the first good angle on the Bugatti. The Veyron may genuinely be the worst looking production supercar ever built, and not by a small margin.
Old 4/5/08 | 08:20 AM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Wow Veyrob haters..I think the car is sexy as hell. and has a ton of good angles.
I'd hit it
Old 4/5/08 | 09:32 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by jsaylor
I've yet to find the first good angle on the Bugatti. The Veyron may genuinely be the worst looking production supercar ever built, and not by a small margin.
I agree, and the damage all started with the grill. What's with the old school design cue that in this case, absolutely doesn't fit on the car and relates to a long thin stretched Bugatti from over 50 years ago instead of this thing. Don't get me wrong, I really appreciate what this car is capable of, but aren't supercars supposed to be about looks and power if you're paying that much? I guess it just isn't to my taste.
Old 4/5/08 | 11:22 AM
GTR Member

Probably the most impressive car in the world in terms of it's ability. But, for me, it's pig ugly. Give me the orange 'Cuda (it is a 'Cuda, right) to the right.
Old 4/5/08 | 01:14 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by burningman
Wow Veyrob haters..I think the car is sexy as hell. and has a ton of good angles.
I'd hit it
I agree. I think it looks pretty stinkin' cool.
Old 4/5/08 | 01:26 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by Wolfsburg
I agree. I think it looks pretty stinkin' cool.
+2.
Old 4/5/08 | 08:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

Why is no one complaining that the photographer didn't investigate what looks to be a nice group of Stangs in the background?
Old 4/5/08 | 09:51 PM
Cobra Member

wow, look at that F1... its a freakin lawnmower...
Old 4/5/08 | 10:00 PM
Post *****

I think with that finish its the only car harder to detail than my black stang. Did you see those swirls?
Old 4/6/08 | 03:38 AM

Have I mentioned how much I loathe the Veyron? It's idiotic to expect anything less than this, and quite honestly I think that even this is a waste in comparison to what you should be getting for the price. It's two V8's mounted side by side with 4 turbos. How on Earth do people think squeazing 1001 bhp out of that is a good amount of power is beyond me. If any V8 came twin turboed from Ford putting out "only" 500 horse I'm sure we would see some people scratching their heads and realizing that is pretty pathetic. "It's to make sure the engine lasts, so it has lower psi per turbo," maybe if you didn't design a car that weighed in at over 2 tons you wouldn't need a 16 cylinder engine pushing 1000 horse in order to obtain those speeds without the strain. It's confused at what it is supposed to be. This car, like the Enzo, make it too easy to go too fast. The people who buy these cars do not know their own capabilities, or lack there of, and because of that I wouldn't be surprised to see every last one of these to die out. All the ones that ever see the light of day without a trailer at least...

Edit: And I think it's ugly as hell.

Last edited by cntchds; 4/6/08 at 03:40 AM.
Old 4/6/08 | 04:03 AM
FR500 Member

That F1 GTR is pure sex indeed!
Old 4/6/08 | 09:24 AM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Originally Posted by cntchds
Have I mentioned how much I loathe the Veyron? It's idiotic to expect anything less than this, and quite honestly I think that even this is a waste in comparison to what you should be getting for the price. It's two V8's mounted side by side with 4 turbos. How on Earth do people think squeazing 1001 bhp out of that is a good amount of power is beyond me. If any V8 came twin turboed from Ford putting out "only" 500 horse I'm sure we would see some people scratching their heads and realizing that is pretty pathetic. "It's to make sure the engine lasts, so it has lower psi per turbo," maybe if you didn't design a car that weighed in at over 2 tons you wouldn't need a 16 cylinder engine pushing 1000 horse in order to obtain those speeds without the strain. It's confused at what it is supposed to be. This car, like the Enzo, make it too easy to go too fast. The people who buy these cars do not know their own capabilities, or lack there of, and because of that I wouldn't be surprised to see every last one of these to die out. All the ones that ever see the light of day without a trailer at least...

Edit: And I think it's ugly as hell.
My personal opinion is that there is alot more to it than this.
This car is about technical and emotional acheivement. You can't break it down to 2 v8's siamesed together..because well simply put, it isn't. It's a whole different kind of animal.
And the simple fact that if ford made a V-16 and stuck it in anything and it had 1001hp you sure as hell wouldn't be able to drink a cup of coffee while driving it or listening to some cool tunes. The car would be a race car for all intents and purposes and this car isn't. It's as civalized and easy to drive..so on the one account I do agree it is easy to go fast in this car.
The other point is the sheer brute force this car has. it's freaking easy as heck to get to 100MPH it's the other 140 mph that is brutally hard to get to and it's just get exponentially harder as you get closer to that mark.

Plain and simple IMO there is no car that can touch this in Speed, style and grace.
It may not be everyones cup of Joe but as has been said this is the car worlds version of the Concorde.

As i said though this is all my opinion and you have yours so it's all good brutha.

Last edited by burningman; 4/6/08 at 09:26 AM.
Old 4/6/08 | 11:22 AM

I think how "easy" it is to drive that you could drink your cup of Joe in it while driving 256 MPH is what makes this car a horrific concept in general. By making it so easy I believe it is going to make people think "I can drive it with one finger like the guys on Top Gear" or something equally stupid. It should be scary to drive that fast in order to keep people from doing stupid things. Maybe you have more faith in people than I do, but I know for **** sure that if my car could I would try. That statement referring to all aspects of the driving capabilities, and even if you could do other things while at the edge... I just don't think it's a very good idea.
Old 4/6/08 | 12:29 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Well I'm not saying i want to drive the car at 240mph and drink a cup of joe. I am saying that you can drink a cup of coffee while driving normally..55mph say and your ears wont bleed.

I get what you are saying but it's been proven time and time again that idiots exist and can be killed in lesser cars..say a honda accord for example.

I have zero faith in people...stupidity seems to rule the day and yes I think that people should be screened somehow before buying a car like this but the price comfortably puts it out of the reach of most people.

Your comments about the car's power and people lack of intelligence can be easily aplied to any car expensive or not.

I for one would treat that car with the respect it deserves.

But i don't want to get in a pissing match over this car. I love it and you don't..good enough for me

Last edited by burningman; 4/6/08 at 12:32 PM.
Old 4/6/08 | 05:54 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

I'm with Doug. The poor decisions made by the meat sack behind the wheel don't diminish the awesome achievement that is this car. Besides, the technology and workmanship work put into making the Veyron the automotivemarvel that it is at least make the car less likely to end up in a wad when its owners DO decide to hoon about in them, unlike the Enzo.

Quick Reply: Pure Sex....I mean Pur Sang!!