General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

Our GT is "Bucked"

Search this Thread

Old 11/19/04, 09:33 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hello all. I wrote a post below back in October, with a schedule date for the FORD GT my dealership is getting in. As some of you may have heard, Saleen had an issue with the stripes on the car, and that was the reason for the delay. Now that this issue is solved, our GT is listed as being "bucked". Meaning that the parts are getting gathered to have it built. It should be built by the end of the month (crossing my fingers)
I HOPE it is here by Christmas. Once I know it is built, and ready to be shipped, I will be bringing dy digi to work everyday, as well as a camcorder, as I want to record the car being dropped off. I will add the pics once it gets here, and will keep updating this forum with new info. I can't stand the wait
Old 11/19/04, 01:08 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by 05fordgt@November 19, 2004, 10:36 AM
Saleen had an issue with the stripes on the car,
Does that mean they are changing the GT's stripes?
Old 11/19/04, 02:48 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Not at all Kluski. There had seem to be an issue with painting them on the car. I believe they were using the wet/wet paint process (I could be wrong though) that Ford uses with the 2-tone paint options on the Super Duty pickups. They paint the trucks the main color, and then while its wet, do the 2-tone lower part of the truck. I think they do this so it dries evenly, and at the same time. I don't know the whole story, but maybe it had to do with it sticking to the aluminum body of the car. Just a guess though. ANyway, they're finally going to build ours.

Anyway, the stripes are the same as before, double racingstripes down the middle. Look on Ebay, and you will see several at dealers, as they finally sterted shipping them. There is a Silver one at Dale Jarret Ford, and I saw 2 Speed Yellow ones on Ebay.
Old 11/28/04, 11:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Like I said before .... I'll buy it if you guys want to sell it. I just need a no interest 30 year loan .....