General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

OMG THIS NEW LAW AND MY 05...!

Search this Thread

Old 7/17/05, 09:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

O MY GOD........well today I was driving and the new law in Illinois now is anyone under 18 cannot use there cell phones while driving {when this happend I knew about the law} So I was at a stop light and i picked up my phone and checked if my friend called me back because I was trying to find his house, so then i put it back down. Then the light turns green and a cop flips on his lights and I pull over wondering what I did wrong. He comes up to my window and says " I know you were not going to use the cell phone an cause an accident for all of us" I said what are you talking about? he responds to me saying that there is a new law out about cell phones. So he tells me about it and im getting very impatient and when he was all done he said "I should take that cell phone away" I mean comon i didnt even use the phone! So before he left he said not to use the phone and then the part that made me want to get out of the car and give him words he said "I love chevy and hate everything else but the 05 mustang should be in a crash for sure because Ford did a bad job on them, cell phones shoudl be in mustang's " then he and walked away!!! i cannot believe some of these cops that are on the road
Old 7/17/05, 09:49 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bad boys, bad boys wathca gonna do, watcha gonna do when they come for you...
Old 7/17/05, 09:52 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
where in Illinois is this?
I havent heard anything like that other than in the City of Chicago its illegal to use the cell without a hands free device.
Old 7/17/05, 10:01 PM
Bullitt Member

i live in Belvidere illinois about 5-8 min from rockford
Old 7/17/05, 10:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

Wow this is something I haven't heard. I did hear about the Chicago law. I did some googling and its true its a new law, as well as under 18 drivers have to make sure all passengers wear seat belts, front and BACK.
Guess being over 18 has some advantages, LOL

http://www.illinois.gov/PressReleases/Show...D=3&RecNum=4160
Old 7/17/05, 10:20 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Interesting.
but id give anything to be 18 again, lol
Old 7/17/05, 10:44 PM
Bullitt Member

hah, nothing wrong with a little smack talking, but lots of cops use their authority to intimidate. Just shows he was jealous. I have to say, I think people who eat, read, talk on the phone, etc... while driving should have their license revoked.
Old 7/17/05, 10:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

Well, I disagree with ANYONE using their cell phone while driving regardless of age. I've had one too many run-ins with idiots gabbing on their cell phones and not watching where they were going... both in parking lots and on major highways. If we want safer highways, we should follow Germany's example. Anyone caught with a cell phone in use on a highway in a non-emergency situation should be fined HEAVILY (like five figure high). Second offense jail time, mandatory. Driving a two ton vehicle is NOT the time to whine about your b/f or g/f on the phone.

The cop you ran into seemed very nice. You were nasty and he still didn't give you a ticket, man. That last part you claim the cop said doesn't sound right. Are you SURE he said that, or are you just mad you were stopped?
Old 7/17/05, 10:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Cell phones on the road... bad...

NO punctuation in a post... WORSE...
Old 7/17/05, 10:55 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Love my Bluetooth wireless. 95% of the time im on the phone its in my ear.
no wires, and both hands at the ready.

Mostly only talk to the g/f. We generally tend to get off the phone when traffic is heavy, or in a pointless conversation.
Old 7/17/05, 10:58 PM
Bullitt Member

I was just mad because he treated me like a punk and acted like i was the stupidest man in the world, i never drive while talking on the phone but part of the law is good and all but the part where like me trying to find a friends house and having a cell is good or if there is an emergency and you had to turn around. There are reasons to have them while driving and the cop was a complete *****

Warning: You can get your point across without spouting verbal kaka. Simmer....
Old 7/17/05, 11:00 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down

how much was the ticket??if he did give you a ticket and said that b.s.at the end,it would have been real hard not to be a smart hiney back..better you didn't though.I'm 38 and refuse to own a cell phone..My wife gives me s!@# about it,but she doesn't realize thats why I don't want one in the first place!!
Old 7/17/05, 11:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Nope, no reason. We got through almost 100 years of automobiles without talking on the phone while driving them... no reason to start now. It's bad enough we have vanity mirrors in our sun visors and drive-thrus...

edit:
By the way.. are you REALLY under 18 and you have all three of those cars???
Old 7/17/05, 11:06 PM
Bullitt Member

-Parents cars- and I did not get a ticket {i didnt use the phone} i picked it up and he saw me.
Old 7/17/05, 11:12 PM
Bullitt Member

and I am 16
Old 7/17/05, 11:14 PM
Bullitt Member

*herknav bites his tongue....
Old 7/17/05, 11:20 PM
Bullitt Member

why?
Old 7/18/05, 12:03 AM
Bullitt Member

16 and all upset over a cell phone law that makes complete sense. If you need to talk on your cell to find directions. Just pull over. Then talk. I think whats funny about people who use the hands free feature tend to hold the cell in their hands anyway even though they don't need to. What's the point of having hands free if you're just going to hold the phone anyway? Arrgh! Being 16, you should be worrying about girls, not about using your cell on the road!
Old 7/18/05, 12:10 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by stang101@July 17, 2005, 10:34 PM
So I was at a stop light and i picked up my phone and checked if my friend called me back because I was trying to find his house, so then i put it back down. Then the light turns green and a cop flips on his lights and I pull over wondering what I did wrong.
Was'nt talking on his cell.
I dont think he broke the law

Another interesting law I was unaware of:

Banning teen drivers from carrying more than one passenger for the first six months after receiving his or her license
Old 7/18/05, 12:17 AM
Cobra R Member

I cant speak for us police (im cdn) but if some officer told me that (part about mustang should be in crash..etc) i would take his car number down and then go report him to my local mla and also local civic officals.There is no way he should be allowed to be rude...its one thing to write a ticket because of new cell phone law (i would understand that) but he should be taken to task for his rude and uncalled comments!

Quick Reply: OMG THIS NEW LAW AND MY 05...!