General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

Nurburgring Las Vegas...

Search this Thread

Old 3/18/12, 11:07 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nurburgring Las Vegas...

though it would be many years away still, this would be AWESOME.

Hopefully if they make it a "true" replica, they'd also replicate the reasonable (actually quite cheap) price to lap the real Nurburgring, but somehow I doubt that would be the case and they'd charge many times more here amongst us greedy Americans.
But we can always hope it's reasonable.

This would be so much fun though.
I think all the automakers here in the states should help pay for it's construction, that would speed it up and be a BIG benefit for them, and make the price reasonable for the rest of us.

Check it out:

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...las-vegas-twin
Old 3/18/12, 01:32 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 781 Likes on 570 Posts
now that would be pretty cool
Old 3/18/12, 03:48 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
that would be uber cool! Hopefully they'll also replicate the green-ness and tree-lined environment!
Old 3/18/12, 07:45 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Saw this, but yeah my gut feeling is that a Vegas 'ring would require a club membership or something along those lines.

I always thought something like this would be cool if they carved it out of mountians in the PA/MD/WVa area and have public access days like in Germany.

I can only imagine if they have public access days on such a course there would be speed limits with enforcement - cause you know, thats the way we roll in the US of A!

<essentially useless fact time> Speaking of speed limits, with the rev limiter set to 6500 rpm in an 07-09 GT500 you can almost hit the speed limiter in 4th gear. </essentially useless fact time>
Old 3/27/12, 09:06 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Vegas isn't thaaat bad a drive from here

maybe I WILL get to drive on the ring before i kick the bucket. excellent
Old 3/27/12, 10:09 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Even of they get the ring and the topos, good luck recreating the climate and the surface and the interaction of climate on surface.
Old 3/28/12, 07:56 AM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Even of they get the ring and the topos, good luck recreating the climate and the surface and the interaction of climate on surface.
Beggers can't be choosey can they
Old 3/28/12, 10:36 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
cant we just make a better track? why copy something thats already been made?
Old 3/28/12, 10:25 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Gotta define better? Do you change the ratio of turns and straights, different elevations, or whatever.

Nobody builds a 13 mile racetrack and if your gonna build a 13 mile race track, its going to be compared to the 'ring and chances are the 'ring will get the nod since its going to be the track that all other 13 mile race tracks are going to be compared to.

but I see your point, maybe it would be better if somebody where to just layout a really long course and just use the topography of the local landscape to dictate what the track will be like.

Well my vote would be right in the Pennsylvania/Maryland/West Virginia area - some seriously good roads around there and the terrian would lend itself very well to America Ring

Which reminds me, anybody with the Mineral Gray GT that was trying to lose the white GT500 in thier backyard last year, your lucky it was my first time out, otherwise I would have passed you on that twisty Pennsylvania road. Oh man that was some seriously great road - just wished I could rember the route number, absolutely fantastic.
Old 3/29/12, 02:01 AM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't doubt that given enough time and money, a "better" course could be thought up of. But theres a lot of history and interest around the nurburgring. I could name dozens of people i know that have expressed interest in driving it someday.

the problem is, while the toll to use the track is (from what ive heard) pretty reasonable, getting there from the other side of the world isn't. I would love to see this happen if for no other reason than for a greater portion of the motoring world to get a chance to experience it. plus who knows, maybe this could get americans to start watching more racing
Old 3/31/12, 12:56 PM
FR500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Should they build it, it should be called the "Wust(e)ring" or DesertRing.
Old 4/1/12, 10:26 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by future9er24
I don't doubt that given enough time and money, a "better" course could be thought up of. But theres a lot of history and interest around the nurburgring. I could name dozens of people i know that have expressed interest in driving it someday.

the problem is, while the toll to use the track is (from what ive heard) pretty reasonable, getting there from the other side of the world isn't. I would love to see this happen if for no other reason than for a greater portion of the motoring world to get a chance to experience it. plus who knows, maybe this could get americans to start watching more racing
I think you've summed it up nicely for a 'ring clone and the reason alot of people would like to see one built in the US.