General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

Mustang vs. Lamborghini, Perspective

Search this Thread

Old 1/29/12, 09:15 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mustang vs. Lamborghini, Perspective

one of my neighbors has a 2007 gallardo superleggera, and whenever he's walking his dog in front of my house and im out working on the stang we always chat about cars. hes a super nice young guy who knows how much i love my car and cars in general, so he offered to take me for a drive and even let me drive it sometime when it was nice out.

well today was that day! i was out detailing my moms car and he drove up after having come back from filling up with 100 octane, and asked if i wanted to go for that drive... hell yes!

now im only 17 so i havent really had the chance to ride in/drive too many really fast cars yet, with the exception of my other neighbor's supercharged ss camaro, but its tuned conservatively and cant hook to save its life, so it didnt feel quite as fast as i thought it would. boo chevy! lol

the superleggera has exhaust and a tune, so im not sure exactly how much power its making, (id guess a little over 600) but it doesnt matter because that thing PULLS! ive never experienced acceleration like that before in my life, other than one of those launched roller coasters like xcelerator at knott's berry farm or top thrill dragster at cedar point. with all wheel drive theres so little drama, but it still breaks em free at the 1-2 and 2-3 shift. speaking of shifts, in sport mode, that e-gear tranny is absolutely brutal... and awesome!

ive never been too much of an exotics kinda guy 1) because i dont really like the exotic "fast car" stereotype, i.e. "ooh look itsa lambo, ferarri, etc, it must be the fastest car ever" / rich people that just want the status symbol and cant drive and 2) cuz i just love american muscle! i always respected exotics but now i have some new found appreciation for that type of car. its just exciting and fun to drive around and get looks from people and hear that v10 winding out- man does that thing scream.

the funny connection to my car is that his first car was a fox body stang that he said he modded, and he likes my car a lot, even though its "just" a GT with bolt ons. he even said he knows how (relatively) inexpensive it is to make power with our cars and hes interested in getting another mustang to mod.

so all in all, a good day in the world of cars lol
Old 1/29/12, 09:22 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
right on! sounds like a really nice guy.
Old 1/30/12, 07:05 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Awesome story buddy!! Got any pics of his car? I love the Superleggera!!!!
Old 1/30/12, 11:59 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Good story. It's nice to hear about exotic owners that are real car guys, and not just some stuck-up *** that thinks his car is the best car in the world. +1 on wanting some pics!
Old 1/30/12, 12:14 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by stupidgenius36
Good story. It's nice to hear about exotic owners that are real car guys, and not just some stuck-up *** that thinks his car is the best car in the world. +1 on wanting some pics!
I'm with you on that

Glad to hear you had a good time and have a new friend.
Old 1/30/12, 04:32 PM
V6 Member

heres me

Mustang vs. Lamborghini, Perspective-dsc_0478.jpg

i realized i lied in my earlier post lol... it wasnt a superleggera... i guess i misunderstood what he said (i think he wants to trade it in for a newer superleggera... this is already his second lambo appearantly). its just a regular gallardo. appearantly i dont know my exotics well enough hahaha. either way it hauls a**!
Old 1/30/12, 05:21 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by redpony05
heres me

Attachment 100474

i realized i lied in my earlier post lol... it wasnt a superleggera... i guess i misunderstood what he said (i think he wants to trade it in for a newer superleggera... this is already his second lambo appearantly). its just a regular gallardo. appearantly i dont know my exotics well enough hahaha. either way it hauls a**!
Nice pic and congrats, but...

... I hate you.

Old 1/30/12, 05:25 PM
Cobra Member

heres me

Attachment 100474

ohhh okay it's JUST a regular gallardo!!!! geeze what's the point?!?!?!?

that guy sounds like a real down to earth guy...not the usual exotic ***** with his head up his ***...
Old 1/30/12, 07:51 PM
V6 Member

yea hes a really cool guy

as much as i love his car, my DREAM car is still the ford GT... especially a TT one! ford baby!!
Old 1/30/12, 08:46 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
...my DREAM car is still the ford GT... especially a TT one!
Old 1/30/12, 08:50 PM
Cobra Member

yea hes a really cool guy

as much as i love his car, my DREAM car is still the ford GT... especially a TT one! ford baby!!
I'll second that!
Old 1/30/12, 09:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had the opportunity to drive a Gallardo once myself. And you're right those things can really tear up some pavement.

Old 1/31/12, 04:28 AM
GT Member

his first car was a fox body stang that he said he modded,
sounds like he had a good start in the car world. Lambo is a great car but when you own an average joe car and fix it up to where it can hang with the lambo then once you own the lambo you can truly appreciate it for what it is.