General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

MT: 200mph+

Search this Thread

Old 9/3/04, 03:42 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anybody else get this issue? First off, its another example of the store issue and subscription issue having different covers. I knew it would be that way as soon as i saw it in the store, where the 162 new cars thing was up front. These three cars make a much nicer cover, i'd say its my favourite MT cover yet.
Pretty sweet article with some nice pics. As far as top speed... 200.1. A little less than the 212 Top Gear was claiming, which is what reporters said the car hit several times in italy, although ford was only claiming 205. Maybe that wasn't corrected for wind resistance. The others made 201.5 and 211 (enzo, obviously). But looking at their little diagram, it looks like the ford was accelerating the most when the driver had to hit the brakes for the turn, the other two had seemed to reach their true aerodynamic top speed.
Acceleration figures (0-60, anyways) for the ford weren't any better than the last time MT had it, to my surprise.
The Ford was faster through the cones (71.8mph) than the Enzo (71) and behind the porsche (73.2!). And of course, the ford was one third the price of the Porsche and less than a quarter the price of the Enzo. So cool to see this comparo, while ford was saying their target was the 360 back when i first read about it in Popular Science. Its definitely in the same league as these crazy expensive cars, performance-wise. And the motor trend guys say the Ford is "the most beautiful sports cars we've ever seen." I agree.
I just wish they had gotten the SLR. I'm very curious to know how it compares. I bet its just cause they didn't wanna paint one red to match the others.
Old 9/3/04, 09:18 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i bought that issue cause it had the 05 on the cover it would be cool if they put in a saleen s7 i was suprised the cars could barley get up in the 200s and i love how a 150,000 ford is competing with a million dollar ferrari
Old 9/4/04, 06:50 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Cool. I'm glad Ford has another winning car added to it's line up.