Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Ok this is annoying me to no end already
Just look at these bozos

this is gonna be such a pack a crap
Acompanying article
Old 1/19/06, 05:12 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thats a load of crap, just give us the real top gear!
Old 1/19/06, 05:13 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
no ones even looking at the mustang :stubborn:
Old 1/20/06, 01:21 AM
Closet American

Looks like their restaging the Bullitt chase in the desert. The ONLY good thing is the presence of the Stig.

Otherwise, I can't see those Hazzard boys using words like "tosser" and "******."
Old 1/20/06, 02:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Originally posted by burningman@January 19, 2006, 8:12 PM
Ok this is annoying me to no end already
Just look at these bozos

this is gonna be such a pack a crap
Acompanying article

Notice how they are going to weigh the test in favor of the Charger? (i.e. SRT-8 vs Mustang GT. NOT the GT 500...) :nono:
Old 1/20/06, 02:54 PM

Yea, you can tell they are anti-Ford (and maybe anti-domestic) by just looking at them.
Old 1/20/06, 08:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Just ridiculous, we can't watch the real Top Gear (well we can, because we download the episodes off the web, at least I do) in the States, because they want to put an American spin on it? BS. The whole reason we watch the show is for the 3 hosts, and of course, The Stig. How in the world the Discovery channel can STILL broadcast Monster Garage (I mean seriously, who has watched that show in the past 2 years?) but won't keep broadcasting Top Gear is beyond me.

Personally, I like the fact that they call us *******, that's how the world feels folks, stop sugarcoating it and trying to shove a program down our throat that is a revenue generator only, and give us the real stuff. :notnice:
Old 1/22/06, 10:01 PM
Team Mustang Source

This is really dissapointing. It's Google Video for me I guess (can't beat the original).
Old 1/23/06, 08:41 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by bigred0383@January 22, 2006, 11:04 PM
This is really dissapointing. It's Google Video for me I guess (can't beat the original).
You are SO true.
Old 1/23/06, 09:05 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
You are kidding me right? At least they brought the real Stig over.
Old 1/23/06, 09:11 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Scothew@January 23, 2006, 10:08 AM
You are kidding me right?
Sorry Scott, I wish I was. This "American" Version is a discrace . I watch the U.K. version for several reasons. The hosts, Jeremy, James, and Richard, are histerical together. Plus the other reason is that they test cars we will really never see here, like the Pagani, or Arial Atom, Noble, etc. The Amercan version won't test ANY of the euro supercars I love. I hope it flops BIG TIME. Then Discovery Channel will realize that the "Real" Top Gear should be aired here. All Discovery should do, is talk to google, and ask them just how many people download and watch Top Gear clips. I do it all the time. Even if I've seen the same test several times. You can't watch the Bugatti vs. Plane race enough.
Old 1/23/06, 09:35 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Case in point. No way can the American be this funny (watch the end and you'll laugh your head off).
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5...ration%3Amedium

Edit: Ok maybe the American version can be as funny, but it'd take some odd ball goofs like a few of us here to pull it off
Old 1/23/06, 09:56 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by mattsstang87@January 20, 2006, 3:57 PM
Yea, you can tell they are anti-Ford (and maybe anti-domestic) by just looking at them.
How can they be more anti-domestic than the British Top Gear? I saw one episode of Top Gear where Jeremy asks an American guest (David Soul from the original "Starsky & Hutch") , "Why are all the American cars ever made utter CRAP?"

You guys calling this new American version of Top Gear crap sound like a bunch of Euro Snobs. You haven't even seen the show yet you are condemning it based on a still photo. Why can't we wait and see first?

And why can't we see a Top Gear from the American point of view? I get sick of Clarkson reminding me whenever they test an American car how we Americans are fat, stupid and make crappy cars.
Old 1/23/06, 10:12 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Well I am getting my basis from how when Discovery channel aired some of the UK versions, and after they got done editing and throwing in a bunch of stuff specifically for teh states, I couldnt hardly stand to watch the show. I just see this being highly commercialized and not much thought into what they are really saying. Basically scripted and saying what their sponsors are paying them to say.
Old 1/23/06, 09:55 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
I base mine on discovery history plus the history od every bloody show ever created in Britain first then brought over here..they are ALL CRAP and ALL have failed miserably.
This show will no doubt turn into a bunch of morons and product placements. I bet you will never once hear them slamming other countries like the UK version does..as for Euro Snobs..not bloody likely all i can say is at least the UK isn't hung up on political correct crap. I commend them for having the brass ones to let JC, May, and Hammond say what they like.

I know when JC bashes us about our fatness and our cars and such I couldn't even argue that one. He is correct and you know what I laugh my rear off every time he does it. Anyone who is offened in my opinion needs to loosen up.
And if you don't like the UK version well Discovery has got a watered down version with training wheels just for you guys.

Top gear from an americans point of view isn't Top Gear....it's motorweek or autoweek...or Car and driver TV :notnice:
Old 1/24/06, 12:00 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by 05fordgt@January 23, 2006, 10:14 AM
Sorry Scott, I wish I was. This "American" Version is a discrace . I watch the U.K. version for several reasons. The hosts, Jeremy, James, and Richard, are histerical together. Plus the other reason is that they test cars we will really never see here, like the Pagani, or Arial Atom, Noble, etc. The Amercan version won't test ANY of the euro supercars I love. I hope it flops BIG TIME. Then Discovery Channel will realize that the "Real" Top Gear should be aired here. All Discovery should do, is talk to google, and ask them just how many people download and watch Top Gear clips. I do it all the time. Even if I've seen the same test several times. You can't watch the Bugatti vs. Plane race enough.
I've seen most of the Top Gear videos but I can't find the Bugatti vs Plane race. Do you have a link to it?

I'm with you guys in the advance pan of the US version. No way can the match the jeremy-Richard combination. Richard plays so well to Jeremy but he's often got a sanppy comeback that rocks Jeremy on heels. Plus he's just dang entertaining to watch and listen to. So are Jeremy and James.
Old 1/24/06, 01:44 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Vermillion98+January 23, 2006, 10:59 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vermillion98 @ January 23, 2006, 10:59 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>You guys calling this new American version of Top Gear crap sound like a bunch of Euro Snobs. You haven't even seen the show yet you are condemning it based on a still photo. Why can't we wait and see first?

And why can't we see a Top Gear from the American point of view? I get sick of Clarkson reminding me whenever they test an American car how we Americans are fat, stupid and make crappy cars.
[/b]

The whole reason I love the REAL Top Gear, is that they test cars, that I'll never own, let along may never see in person, like the Bugatti, the Koenigsegg, or Pagani Zonda. These are cars that there maybe only single digit amounts in the USA, and the American version will not test them, like they do on the U.K version. Personally, I don't want to see them test the latest SUV, or Hemi. See the quote below, and you'll understand why this won't work:
<!--QuoteBegin-burningman
@January 23, 2006, 10:58 PM
Top gear from an americans point of view isn't Top Gear....it's motorweek or autoweek...or Car and driver TV :notnice:
[/quote]

Burningman is SO correct, is isn't funny. If I want a show that tests normal production cars, I'll watch PBS. We'll NEVER get the real show
Old 1/24/06, 01:50 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by scottie1113@January 24, 2006, 1:03 AM
I've seen most of the Top Gear videos but I can't find the Bugatti vs Plane race. Do you have a link to it?

Scott, I'm sorry but I don't have it anymore. For some reason, that episode is no longer on Google Video. It was there for several weeks, but I recently looked for it again, so I can watch it, but it no longer is available. Wish I could help you more. If anyone has the entire 1 hour episode of the Bugatti vs. the Plane, PLEASE could you post a link to it. I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
Old 1/24/06, 03:06 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by 05fordgt@January 24, 2006, 2:47 PM
The whole reason I love the REAL Top Gear, is that they test cars, that I'll never own, let along may never see in person, like the Bugatti, the Koenigsegg, or Pagani Zonda. These are cars that there maybe only single digit amounts in the USA, and the American version will not test them, like they do on the U.K version. Personally, I don't want to see them test the latest SUV, or Hemi. See the quote below, and you'll understand why this won't work:
Burningman is SO correct, is isn't funny. If I want a show that tests normal production cars, I'll watch PBS. We'll NEVER get the real show
How do you know they won't test exotics? I have a clip right now on my portable media player of the "Car & Driver TV" comparison test of a Lambo Gallardo, AM DB9, Mercedes SL65, Ford GT, & Ferrari F430. Surely Top Gear (even the version by "fat and stupid Americans") should be able to have features at least as good as Car & Driver...
Old 1/24/06, 03:41 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
DOug hit the nail on the head.

I want to see people making jokes about other countries and say whatever they think...

Quick Reply: More Top Gear America