General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

******* keying my car

Old 1/20/15, 09:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts
So this ******* has been keying my car, there are deep scratches all over my front bumper. Today while putting gas I noticed there was engine oil all over my gas filler area. I am beyond pissed. i got a locking cap and I will install a camera to catch this *******. Now I gotta find a camera I can hide to catch the bastard. Anybody have a similar experience?

Last edited by Wild5.0; 1/20/15 at 10:05 PM.
Old 1/20/15, 10:21 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 587 Likes on 421 Posts
Originally Posted by Wild5.0
So this ******* has been keying my car, there are deep scratches all over my front bumper. Today while putting gas I noticed there was engine oil all over my gas filler area. I am beyond pissed. i got a locking cap and I will install a camera to catch this *******. Now I gotta find a camera I can hide to catch the bastard. Anybody have a similar experience?
Somebody keyed the fark out of Charlie's (cdynaco) Bullitt a few years ago, down to the metal.

People make me sick.
Old 1/20/15, 11:42 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Somebody keyed the fark out of Charlie's (cdynaco) Bullitt a few years ago, down to the metal.

People make me sick.
Yep. Jabbed dents into it. Heart breaking. And anger with no place to go. I was donating time at a charity event no less... at American Legion.
Thankfully ins and a great body shop made it good as new.

Last edited by cdynaco; 1/20/15 at 11:44 PM.
Old 1/21/15, 12:15 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Yes. I slept in my car for three nights until I found the person who was stealing/trying to steal my badges on my 00. I simply leaned the passenger seat back and waited for the person to return. Long story short, I flew out of the car door... well problem solved. I learned this from my dad. My mom used to throw him out from time to time and he'd sleep in his van. He happened to be sleeping in it the night a person slashed his tires. What a scene. He was a lot less forgiving than me.

Last edited by Getportfolio; 1/21/15 at 12:53 AM.
Old 1/27/15, 04:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rain a storm of thunder down on those people. I can't stand when they take your hitch setups.
Old 1/27/15, 06:10 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 773 Likes on 565 Posts
get an alarm installed also
Old 1/27/15, 06:45 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
My 2006 Mustang pony that I gave my Daughter to Drive. Went to the Grocery Store. Was parked out front for 10 minutes. Came back and both Sides where keyed down the sides. I really hate jealous people. Police say it happens more than you think.
Old 1/27/15, 07:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I guess some good quality dashcam, or maybe even gopro would do, maybe even 2 to cover the front and the back views outside of the car.
Old 1/27/15, 07:17 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 587 Likes on 421 Posts
Originally Posted by =HYPERDRIVE=
I guess some good quality dashcam, or maybe even gopro would do, maybe even 2 to cover the front and the back views outside of the car.
That would be worse probably, just encourage them to break in and steal the cameras.
Old 1/27/15, 08:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
That would be worse probably, just encourage them to break in and steal the cameras.
yea true.
well hard to say, maybe a nice hidden place for one to work, but i dont know the surrounding his car is parked in( apartment,condo,house etc), so its hard to give any advice.
Old 1/27/15, 10:01 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,170 Likes on 1,618 Posts
So you end up catching the person but they can't pay anyhow! Kids were caught breaking into our farm house years ago and they each had to pay X amount for a year. We received about 4 payments and then nothing! We could keep paying our lawyer and then maybe collect a few more payments. But in the end you just submit it to the insurance companies and move on! Even though that is a horrible feeling!
Old 1/27/15, 11:16 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by Glenn
get an alarm installed also
It didn't set off my factory alarm. Not enough movement I guess.
Old 1/28/15, 06:44 AM
GT Member

I actually had a very jealous close friend key my car in high school... Didn't know it was him until I had a few people rat him out. What a terrible feeling! Women can throw a wrench in just about anything.

Long story short, we didn't talk for a long time mostly because I told him if I saw his face anywhere I would beat the living **** out of him, and it worked ha I never saw him for 6th months until he apologized and we end up being somewhat close friends today. Still bugs me to this day though... I mean just don't mess with my woman or my car, pretty simple rules.
Old 1/28/15, 06:54 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 773 Likes on 565 Posts
Originally Posted by barebone- 5.0
I actually had a very jealous close friend key my car in high school... Didn't know it was him until I had a few people rat him out. What a terrible feeling! Women can throw a wrench in just about anything.

Long story short, we didn't talk for a long time mostly because I told him if I saw his face anywhere I would beat the living **** out of him, and it worked ha I never saw him for 6th months until he apologized and we end up being somewhat close friends today. Still bugs me to this day though... I mean just don't mess with my woman or my car, pretty simple rules.
Walk up to him one day and punch him in the side of the head. Tell him that's just because
Old 1/28/15, 07:24 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Glenn
Walk up to him one day and punch him in the side of the head. Tell him that's just because
Haha I definitely wish I would have done that from the start. I just don't understand why people look at a car and think "hmmm I think I'm going to mess that up", it's beyond me why people get jealous let alone want to act on it like that.
Old 1/28/15, 07:25 PM

Years ago a I spoke to a Viper owner while in my S281. Long story short, he had a smashed A-pillar and drivers side mirror. I asked if he got into an accident. Nope. He said that some jealous person hit it with a bat and ran off like a wild animal.

I don't get people.
Old 1/29/15, 01:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts
I thought of placing a gopro, but then like someone mentioned they could break into my car. Plus if its visible they wont do anything. Well for now I put a locking gas cap, ill try to get a dash cam later
Old 1/29/15, 04:33 PM
GT Member

If I were parked in a parking lot and knew another resident I'd think about putting a camera in their car and focus it on my car if I wanted to see who did it. Cameras are so small today you could hide one in a tissue box, place it on the rear shelf, and no one would ever know or suspect a thing.
Old 1/29/15, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by exchallenger
If I were parked in a parking lot and knew another resident I'd think about putting a camera in their car and focus it on my car if I wanted to see who did it. Cameras are so small today you could hide one in a tissue box, place it on the rear shelf, and no one would ever know or suspect a thing.
With my luck, the thief would have a cold.
Old 1/29/15, 05:11 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by Getportfolio
With my luck, the thief would have a cold.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ******* keying my car