General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

James TG

Search this Thread

Old 11/11/04, 05:11 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
I just watched jeremy run a Disco up to the top of a mountain...but what intrigued me even more was the next week segment witch will have the Aston Martin Vanquish S in red no less....

James i expect full coverage from you till we have a vid of this car
Old 11/12/04, 05:59 AM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally posted by burningman@November 11, 2004, 8:14 PM
I just watched jeremy run a Disco up to the top of a mountain...but what intrigued me even more was the next week segment witch will have the Aston Martin Vanquish S in red no less....

James i expect full coverage from you till we have a vid of this car
Second that!

Although I didn't see the Disco. :bang:
Old 11/12/04, 06:13 AM
GTR Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Duly noted!
Old 11/14/04, 02:28 PM
GTR Member

Just watched it

The Vanquish was on there because AM said that it had tweeked the car to validate the £60k diference between it and a stock DB9. Unfortunately, the gear box is still rubbish (the one bad thing about the car), it is a paddle affair, and when you try to downshift, the computer does it when it thinks fit, rather than when you want it to! The Vanquish (that red is a kind of Redfire, but better) was up against a Ferarri 575. Both big coupes, the vanquish having 5hp over the 575, but also 100kg. The 575 won in a drag race, but lost the contest on "How does the car make you feel". The Vanquish won this on looks and how it would be perceived in 10 years time.

Overall, the V is a lovely car, and I wouldn't mind one, but at £60k ($105k) more than the DB9?????? Give me a DB9, and I will buy a fully loaded Cobra as well!!

Oh, on the fast lap, the Vanquish was 1 second slower than the GT (same hp, ish)

There you go. Where is the petition to make Sleepy-fish publish the videos???

Later

James
Old 11/14/04, 02:36 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Ahh James thank you man! When Jeremy ran the db9 against the Eurostar he said that the vanquish gearbox was crap because it was a manual and the DB9 is an auto making it one of the best paddles he's used.
I'll keep my peapers open for the vid
Old 11/14/04, 07:35 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ohhhhhhhh--AM. Drool.
Old 11/15/04, 03:46 AM
GTR Member

Here is the small TG write up of the article :

Vanquish v Ferrari 575

Now, a brief moment of interactivity. While you are sitting there skiving off work or whatever it is you are really supposed to be doing right now, have a think.

If money were no object, which would you buy: a Ferrari or an Aston Martin? One of those names will have come into your head then, and immediately been replaced by the other. It is near impossible to pick one over the other.

On the one hand there is the distinctive style and effortless brilliance of the Ferrari, (and your inner child is desperate to drive one).

The Aston on the other hand makes you feel like James Bond. It's exciting, it's the best looking car on the planet and it goes like stink.

So it was with this dilemma weighing heavy in our hearts that Jeremy and fellow petrol-head Steve Coogan decided to pick one. Of course you may disagree, but after considerable mulling, they voted for the Aston. Technically it's not quite as good as the Ferrari; it's heavier and so a bit slower, but you don't feel stupid when you're stuck in traffic. Moreover, while your inner child yearns for a Ferrari, it wants to be James Bond even more.
Old 11/15/04, 06:53 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Thank you James!