General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

I'm John McCain and I approve this message

Search this Thread

Old 6/24/08, 08:08 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm John McCain and I approve this message

ok....time for a little maniacal rant about a show I absolutely hate and yet frequently watch....a lil bit of tv turd I call Pinks on Speedvision

anywho, I have NEVER, I mean NEVER seen a mustang do well on the show. They don't just not win, they always suffer some catastrophic failure. Once, when a mustang broke down against a nissan, they brought in another mustang and it too broke down...it's disheartening...

...and to be honest, I get the sense the show's host doesn't like ford. Which, I guess is ok because he's a complete tool anyway. Last night I watched an 07 rerun where he wiped out on the track on a bike trying to show off. I haven't laughed that hard since that youtube.com video made the rounds of some guy doing a wheelie which throws his girlfriend face first off the back of the bike....

....but this bald lil man did what any tough guy would do when he falls and scrapes his wrist and bruises his thumb....he immediately pulled off that lil size 7 black t-shirt he got from the junior mrs section of walmart to show off

and out of curiosity, why does he tree the cars? Why doesn't the actual tree do it? I mean, the lights are sitting there anyway, and I know it's a low budget show, but can they really not afford the $1.22 in electricity to power the lights. Instead, he does what any girl does on a street race movie from the 60's. Maybe if he used a scarf it would really be effective

anyway, if you haven't seen it and like me, this guy irritates you, go watch the wreck, I'm sure it's on youtube and it is hilarious
Old 6/24/08, 08:11 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Not sure I understand the title of your post but I have watched that show a few times and ya, it can be funny at times.
Old 6/24/08, 08:37 AM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by mmr007
and out of curiosity, why does he tree the cars? Why doesn't the actual tree do it? I mean, the lights are sitting there anyway, and I know it's a low budget show, but can they really not afford the $1.22 in electricity to power the lights.
I'm willing to guess that you have never street raced. The show is set up like a street racing is done where you negotiate spots and who gets the hit and stuff and with street racing there is no tree. and since they are doing the races in a legal setting of course the tree will still be there.
Old 6/24/08, 09:30 AM
GT Member

You guessed right (sorry I have no prizes to hand out) as I have only raced at a strip and only several times at that.....but they are not street racing, they are, in fact, at a strip with lights and I'm guessing his being front and center has less to do with "keeping it real" street race style and more with this idiot's desire to be in fact, front and center...at least SOME of the cars are getting better. Anyone remember the episode where someone raced a car covered in fur?
Old 6/24/08, 09:37 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 788 Likes on 574 Posts
whats up with your avatar? Is that benwaa?
Old 6/24/08, 10:15 AM
GT Member

um....what is a benwaa?

oh and the title of my post Mr Administrator refers to the fact that everything you hear these days (election season) is preceeded by or followed by some candidate saying they approve some message...clearly my jokes are funnier inside my head than anywhere else...thank you, thank you....I'll be here all week....be sure to tip your waitress
Old 6/24/08, 10:21 AM
Retired Tms Staff

um....what is a benwaa?

oh and the title of my post Mr Administrator refers to the fact that everything you hear these days (election season) is preceeded by or followed by some candidate saying they approve some message...clearly my jokes are funnier inside my head than anywhere else...thank you, thank you....I'll be here all week....be sure to tip your waitress
Sorry Mr. Funnyinsidehisownhead. I'm not in the US so I don't bother listening to all of the politics going on over there. Don't worry, eventually I will try to understand your sence of humor.
Old 6/24/08, 10:43 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
^im in the us, and I dont bother listening to all the politics either :rollinglaugh:

i dont think it's all that bad of a show, they should have a hot chick doing the arm drop though, ive seen some fords win, but it's not a big deal, and people are complete morons if they base their decision on durability of a car, on these people that spend as little as possible to build it in their backyard - most of the cars used are built specifically to lose, and not be much of a loss, if they raced their actual cars, then the show would be completely different
Old 6/24/08, 06:24 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by adrenalin
Sorry Mr. Funnyinsidehisownhead. I'm not in the US so I don't bother listening to all of the politics going on over there. Don't worry, eventually I will try to understand your sence of humor.
What country do you live in? Cuz that way I can give you a heads up in case we're planning to invade and occupy it anytime soon....
Old 6/24/08, 09:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

I've seen a mustang win a couple of times. One in particular it was against a green Ls fbody. Fox body that was supposedly a 11 second car left so hard the hatch kept opening. Camaro was faster but it was obvious he had alot more in his including many sponsors wheras the mustang looked like it was wrenched in a shed. Easily a 9 second car. Wasn't enough though Camaro broke and mustang won. An 8 second Camaro was the mustangs prize with just a tad bit of work. Another one was another fox I think against an old school car (can't remember which but I "think" it was a Nova). Stuff happens though. I doubt it was the show.
Old 6/24/08, 09:29 PM
TDS
Super Moderator
TMS Staff

What country do you live in? Cuz that way I can give you a heads up in case we're planning to invade and occupy it anytime soon....
Well I live in the USA, Alabama, to you.
And I can and will push the button on your remarks and disrespect of Adrenalins comments.

Now get that straight inside of "your" head and pay attention to your brain talking to your sub- concience.

TDS - Do You UNDER STand?
Old 6/24/08, 10:17 PM
GT Member

I have actually disrespected no one...can you point out the disrespect? Lemme make sure I understand this...I jokingly said "lemme make sure you're not on a list of countries the US has planned to invade": and you call that disrespect. We've invaded afghanistan, iraq, talk and joke about war with Iran and right wing pundits like ann coulter say we should have bombed and invaded canada for not supporting the iraq war and so I joke about the hostile climate we live in and that is called disrespect? I don't see it. Help me out here will ya?

Last edited by mmr007; 6/24/08 at 10:28 PM.
Old 6/25/08, 06:07 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Old 6/25/08, 06:08 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I have actually disrespected no one...can you point out the disrespect? Lemme make sure I understand this...I jokingly said "lemme make sure you're not on a list of countries the US has planned to invade": and you call that disrespect. We've invaded afghanistan, iraq, talk and joke about war with Iran and right wing pundits like ann coulter say we should have bombed and invaded canada for not supporting the iraq war and so I joke about the hostile climate we live in and that is called disrespect? I don't see it. Help me out here will ya?
I get your sence of humor ............... Rock on Yo
tough group in Alabama ...take is easy

Last edited by Glenn; 6/25/08 at 06:09 AM.
Old 6/25/08, 06:36 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Oh, you're one of "those" people. I live in Canada. Come on over. We may look passive but hey, we burnt down your white house twice in the past so go ahead and invade
Old 6/25/08, 06:46 AM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
You've got to be kidding me.

Worst
Thread
Ever

We go from Pinks to Politics and US and Canada talking about fighting. Stupid.
Old 6/25/08, 06:53 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Easy children...easy...
Old 6/25/08, 06:55 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Sorry, I thought he was planning on taking my beer
Old 6/25/08, 07:10 AM
GT Member

for the record, I am not advocating invading anyone, I am joking about prevailing attitudes that, quite frankly, I am at odds with. Once my children are grown, I am selling everything to join the peace corp (yes, seriously) and travel and do what i can to give back and help humanity...if someone thinks I am an aggresor, you REALLY don't know me...but obviously, sometimes things don't translate as well on a website as you think they would
Old 6/25/08, 07:30 AM
Retired Tms Staff

It's all good (oh boy, did I just say that **** saying). I was not disrespected, as far as I know. We just have a different sense of humour. Nothing to worry about, unless infact you really are after my beer! Then it's on.

Quick Reply: I'm John McCain and I approve this message