General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

How many would buy....

Search this Thread

Old 1/10/06, 11:00 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've owned both, and had fun with both. But given my druthers I'm a mustang man for sure. No car design in 10 years has made me say, "I've got to have one". Until this one.
Old 1/10/06, 11:24 PM
Cobra R Member

well if your talking about the 08/09 camaro concept shown at the auto show. The answer would definitely be yes. That concept car rocks. But just like the mustang concept car, I am sure once it is in production it wont be like the concept. But sure looks nice in the video etc.
Old 1/11/06, 02:52 PM

An IRS can represent a real and significant performance enhancement for those who venture off the straight 'n narrow 'n smooth of the stop light or drag strip, especially on the typically lumpy roads and byways many/most of us actually drive on 99% of the time.

As for a six speed, presuming a proper gearing, you could have the effective overall ratios and out of the hole punch of a 5 speed with a 4.11 rear end, yet not have to endure your motor screaming away at 3K rpm on the highway as your gas gauge plummets visibly before your eyes. Basically, having your cake and eating it too. Might even allow a bit more aggressive factory tuning without bumping into gas guzzlers tax territory.

Ford will definitely have to step it up a significant notch or two, both in the chassis and motor departments, not to mention a good styling refresh, by the time the Challenger and Camaro hit the streets. No resting on your laurals or some cheesy scoop and stripe packages.