Great write up on Chip Foose

Search this Thread

Old 4/28/05, 07:32 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Good read..

Best line

While sitting in the second floor lounge of BMW's show floor stand, fellow speech-maker and designer Chris Bangle, BMW's chief of Design, points to Foose and announces for all to hear: "This is one of the most important and influential automotive designers in the world today." It's high praise from a man about whom the same can be said.
The article also hints that Foose may have had a silent hand in on designing the stang.

Chip truly deserve this praise. A great designer, a great talent, a great man.

CHIP FOOSE: Humble Genius
Old 4/29/05, 10:50 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by burningman@April 28, 2005, 9:35 PM
Good read..

Best line

While sitting in the second floor lounge of BMW's show floor stand, fellow speech-maker and designer Chris Bangle, BMW's chief of Design, points to Foose and announces for all to hear: "This is one of the most important and influential automotive designers in the world today." It's high praise from a man about whom the same can be said.
The article also hints that Foose may have had a silent hand in on designing the stang.

I would imagine it would be great to sit down and just pick Foose's mind. He always seems so generous and humble. I think he is my favorite car designer. He does it for the love of doing it and making people smile, not for the money!

I agree Chip Foose is truly a very good man :worship: and I wouldn't be surprised if he did have a hand in the design. It definetley has his flair!
Old 4/29/05, 11:02 AM
GTR Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Nice find Doug, and an excellent write up. All that talent and he seems like a very down-to-earth kinda guy.
Old 4/30/05, 07:34 AM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

I agree guys. His humility amazes me. I would love to sit down and pic his mind as well. He seems like a great guy to have as your friend.
Old 4/30/05, 07:43 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Did Chip work with or for Boyd Coddington? One show made it sound like it. I can see why they wouldn't work well together.
Old 4/30/05, 08:19 AM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

yeah he used to manage Boyds shop but the have had some kind of falling out.. No one seems to know the exact details and it seems the animosity is one sided. (boyd hates chip) Chip has never as far as I know publicley denounced boyd. But then this isn't suprising sseeing the their radically different characters.
Old 4/30/05, 09:49 AM
GTR Member

i hate Boyd, if he came near my car i would light his beard on fire
Old 4/30/05, 10:10 AM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

And what car would that be?
Old 4/30/05, 10:26 AM
Cobra Member

Great read, thanks Doug. Did you guys see the show where Charlie left to go to work with Foose? I bet the same thing happened, Chip had a chance to better his career and expand on what he really wanted to do. I think Boyd just takes things too seriously and only thinks about himself. He took Chips leaving as a personal attack and he felt Chip was abandoning him. He acts like a child.

I enjoy watchong Chips shows he always seems to have a smile on his face and enjoys what he is doing. He can work on my cars any day.
Old 4/30/05, 11:21 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by Red Star@April 30, 2005, 10:13 AM
Not again, give it a rest! What's your problem?
Old 4/30/05, 11:58 AM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

No problem, just simple question.
Old 4/30/05, 12:02 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Yeah, Boyd seems like a dictator. You want to leave his rule and it's off with your head and act like a big babby instead of supporting them and still being their friend.
Old 4/30/05, 12:03 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Originally posted by freebass55@April 30, 2005, 10:29 AM
Great read, thanks Doug. Did you guys see the show where Charlie left to go to work with Foose? I bet the same thing happened, Chip had a chance to better his career and expand on what he really wanted to do. I think Boyd just takes things too seriously and only thinks about himself. He took Chips leaving as a personal attack and he felt Chip was abandoning him. He acts like a child.

I enjoy watchong Chips shows he always seems to have a smile on his face and enjoys what he is doing. He can work on my cars any day.
But even after Charlie left they did an awesome job on Corvette and Roadster.
Boyd is a jerk, but he know how to build awesome cars. Last night they were showing one of older episode, then Charlie was still there. They did an awesome job on that 56 Chevy in only 8 weeks. I remember episode when they first got that Chevy from junk yard and I really didn't believe it that they can build it in only 8 weeks.
Old 4/30/05, 01:40 PM
GTR Member

Originally posted by GirchyGirchy+April 30, 2005, 12:24 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GirchyGirchy @ April 30, 2005, 12:24 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Red Star@April 30, 2005, 10:13 AM
Not again, give it a rest! What's your problem?
[/b][/quote]
thanks, idk what his prohblem is, he needs to lay off me.
Old 4/30/05, 01:43 PM
GTR Member

while on the Boyd note, Budweiser ordered a Roadster, not a coupe thats been chopped into a roadster. its like ordering a 67 GT500 vert and he buys a 68 fastback and chops it and puts on GT500 stickers, i dont like their work at all, nor the fact they are misleading customers.
Old 4/30/05, 02:27 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Again no problem, I just wanted to know what car you were talking about.

Roadster did started as a Coupe, but I don't see anything bad in that. Exterior and engine were custom, so its not like he took bad car and made it look like good car.
Old 4/30/05, 05:06 PM
GTR Member

yah but it was misleading, and look at my profile and signature
Old 5/2/05, 06:38 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Red Star+April 30, 2005, 12:06 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Red Star @ April 30, 2005, 12:06 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-freebass55@April 30, 2005, 10:29 AM

But even after Charlie left they did an awesome job on Corvette and Roadster.
Boyd is a jerk, but he know how to build awesome cars. Last night they were showing one of older episode, then Charlie was still there. They did an awesome job on that 56 Chevy in only 8 weeks. I remember episode when they first got that Chevy from junk yard and I really didn't believe it that they can build it in only 8 weeks.
[/b][/quote]

They "look" good, but with the many problems that the cars usually have and how they "fix" them, I'd be a little concerned about the quality of Boyd's work.
Old 5/2/05, 06:20 PM
GTR Member

Jason, you are very correct, Boyd/boyds company does POS work
Old 5/3/05, 04:02 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by 1999 Black 35th GT+April 29, 2005, 10:53 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(1999 Black 35th GT @ April 29, 2005, 10:53 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by burningman@April 28, 2005, 9:35 PM
Good read..

Best line

I would imagine it would be great to sit down and just pick Foose's mind. He always seems so generous and humble. I think he is my favorite car designer. He does it for the love of doing it and making people smile, not for the money!

I agree Chip Foose is truly a very good man :worship: and I wouldn't be surprised if he did have a hand in the design. It definetley has his flair!
[/b]

Originally posted by mr-mstng@April 29, 2005, 11:05 AM
Nice find Doug, and an excellent write up. All that talent and he seems like a very down-to-earth kinda guy.

<!--QuoteBegin-burningman
@April 30, 2005, 7:37 AM
I agree guys. His humility amazes me. I would love to sit down and pic his mind as well. He seems like a great guy to have as your friend.
[/quote]

Hey guys, I just wanted to add to this post. Chip is truely a down-to-earth guy. I had the priviledge to meet him recently. I went to the Atlantic City Classic Car Auction. That Sunday they flew him in to sign autographs. The real cool thing was, if you brought something for him to sign, HE DIDN"T CHARGE A CENT!! What a class act!!!

If you wanted to, you could buy a shirt or hat, of one of his prints, for $20, and he would sign it, if you didn't bring anything with you. Luckily, I brought with me his Mustang print. You remember, the fastback he and his team made into a Shelby look alike. Just check out the pic below. This is hanging in my office at the dealership. I get alot of great comments about it.

[attachmentid=19972]

I drove over 1 1/2 Hours to get there, and waited over 2 hours in line, and I would have waited 2 hours longer, but it was WELL WORTH IT. He is so humble, and kind. A real car guy. Hey Chip, if you ever check this site out, and read this post, YOU ARE THE MAN!

Quick Reply: Great write up on Chip Foose