Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by cmplxlgc
*points and laughs in that Z's general direction*
Precisely my reaction as well
Old 4/24/07, 09:29 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It should'a been painted brown, then it would totally resemble a turd.....
Old 4/24/07, 09:35 AM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Giddyup

Old 4/24/07, 09:38 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Needs a Nemo paint scheme

And you thought our interiors were cheap
Old 4/24/07, 10:13 AM
Bullitt Member

Yeah.. it's always the 350Zs. My wife and I refer to this car as the "shoe" because... well.. it kinda looks like a shoe. I think I got 4 shoe challenges last summer. All in NJ and I don't even live in that state. What's the deal?

First off, I have absolutely no performance mods or exterior mods that would even suggest that I want to race (all I have is a billet fuel door but I just put that on last week). Last summer I had a shoe with tinted windows and a moded exhaust (and judging from the sound I think that's all it had) pull up next to me while doing 50 mph or so. He kept lining up next to me then laying on the gas for a short burst then lining up next to me again. To make sure I in no way was encouraging him I just clicked on cruise control. I was in the car with my buddy and our conversation went like this:
-him: what's he doing?
-me: he want's to race.
-him: are you gonna?
-me: no.
-him: why?
-me: It just seems like I don't need to.
Old 4/24/07, 10:22 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by Louie
As if he would otherwise beat a stock GT...
The funny thing about this conversation is he's going to beat you WITHOUT the blower EVEN when he has to ASK "what's in that thing??" And BTW, I'm quite comfortable that stock GTs will take out the boat 300C even with the Hemi. The SRT would be another story, but stardard Hemi I wouldn't be one bit afraid.
Old 4/24/07, 10:39 AM
Cobra Member

I'm surprised this thread has already went to 2 pages without someone saying
"Well if you raced a 350Z on a twisty road it'd be all over for your S197! American cars can't handle!"
Old 4/24/07, 12:24 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Great...now they come out of the box all riced up.
Old 4/24/07, 01:19 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Throw a bag of marshmellows in the front seat of that thing on a hot summer day and you have the worlds BIGGEST RICE CRISPY TREAT!!

Old 4/24/07, 01:40 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by 97svtgoin05gt
The funny thing about this conversation is he's going to beat you WITHOUT the blower EVEN when he has to ASK "what's in that thing??" And BTW, I'm quite comfortable that stock GTs will take out the boat 300C even with the Hemi. The SRT would be another story, but stardard Hemi I wouldn't be one bit afraid.
300C R/T is easilly beaten by a stock GT, SRT is about identical to one.
Old 4/24/07, 01:41 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Vermillion06
I'm surprised this thread has already went to 2 pages without someone saying
"Well if you raced a 350Z on a twisty road it'd be all over for your S197! American cars can't handle!"

I was watching F&F Tokyo drift, and apparently Japanese cars don't handle for ****
Old 4/24/07, 02:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

I don't have people challenging to race as much as I have people trying to keep pace with me or speed up to try to keep me from changing lanes. Nothing is more irritating to me than being on a normal drive, commuting to work (using the turn signals and needing to change lanes) only to find some nut is tailing me or trying to block my lane change. When you see someone signaling to change lanes and it's not going to affect you, do you purposely speed up to block the person or make action look "close"?
Old 4/24/07, 02:35 PM
Team Mustang Source

No, I try not to put my car's metal in the hands of the atypical moron you are stuck driving next to on the average road. From experience over the years riding motorcycles I seem to always be in a traffic 'rhythm' that keeps me from being stuck next to people and give enough authority as to what I am doing that there's no misinterpretation that I am putting my car in a lane and that's that.

After years of watching people's tires and eyes in mirrors you can pretty much predict an idiot easily. I used to be a very technical rider and would be proud of an hours ride where I had 100 idiots make lane changes into me and pull out in front of me yet I never had to hit the brakes hard once as I saw it before they even were aware they were doing it. Volvo drivers, minivans, and people in crappy $500 lottery cars(hit that everything but the lottery) are always going to be trouble.

A lot of idiots drive in a trance and you will notice that the idiot cloggin the left lane suddenly starts keeping pace once you finally ooze past them. If you do it with a little authority the same idiot will wake up and move over to the right lane.

A lot of it is human nature. If you fly up on the back of a car they will slow down as you have now distracted them; If you get a relatively close distance(just under 2sec) and keep that exact distance they will speed up a hair(but never enough); if you methodically close the distance slowly they will move out of the way.
Old 4/24/07, 05:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yuck. I can't believe that's the new Nismo Z. The Nismo body kit for the 2003-2006 Z was so mild compared to that... think GT/CS vs. stock GT as a comparison. Disappointing

Now, coming from a former 350Z owner... don't be too cocky around them (except for you supercharged guys, you're allowed ). A well-driven stock Z will easily hang with a stock GT, so don't just blow them off like it's a Honda Civic. The main difference between the Z and a GT becomes apparent once you start modding. A 350Z has a really hard time gaining more than about 20-25 RWHP with bolt-ons. Most N/A guys are stuck at around 265-270 RWHP, and trap around 103-104 MPH. Compare that to a GT, where just a filter and tune will put you around 290 RWHP and trapping 106 or so... big difference.

If the Z is boosted though... that's another story. They are easily capable of S/C Mustang numbers with a twin turbo setup, slightly less with a single turbo or supercharger, and will trap somewhere in the mid 110's.

Great car, I miss mine from time to time. The new ones with the hood bulge, and especially this Nismo version... ugly
Old 4/24/07, 06:04 PM
GT Member

i was looking at 350Zs before I got the Mustang... 2 of them wouldn't start and 1 of them grinded HARD into 3rd even on a light shift. Can't say I care for them... Nissan is no Honda or Toyota when it comes to quality. I like my Mustang a lot more.
Old 4/24/07, 06:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Giddyup

OMG! Thats great brown or even baby diaper green.
Old 4/24/07, 07:04 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I considered a 350z. My friend has an 06 Z. 6spd few facotry upgrades other then that it was a base model.

I was considering the 350Z until I test drove the Mustang GT. And the rest you can say is history. Ended up with the GT(obviously ). Rides nicer, drives harder and turns more heads then his Z would ever hope todo. Haha

He just drove my mustang few days ago. He was aw struck. What can I say. One of us regrets their recent car puchase and it wasn't me.

As for that Nismo. Meh. What stands out as extremly fugly is the rear end. It has a table for a rear bumper facia. Haha
Old 4/24/07, 10:04 PM
Big Falken Tires

Originally Posted by titanjc
Yuck. I can't believe that's the new Nismo Z. The Nismo body kit for the 2003-2006 Z was so mild compared to that... think GT/CS vs. stock GT as a comparison. Disappointing

Now, coming from a former 350Z owner... don't be too cocky around them (except for you supercharged guys, you're allowed ). A well-driven stock Z will easily hang with a stock GT, so don't just blow them off like it's a Honda Civic. The main difference between the Z and a GT becomes apparent once you start modding. A 350Z has a really hard time gaining more than about 20-25 RWHP with bolt-ons. Most N/A guys are stuck at around 265-270 RWHP, and trap around 103-104 MPH. Compare that to a GT, where just a filter and tune will put you around 290 RWHP and trapping 106 or so... big difference.

If the Z is boosted though... that's another story. They are easily capable of S/C Mustang numbers with a twin turbo setup, slightly less with a single turbo or supercharger, and will trap somewhere in the mid 110's.

Great car, I miss mine from time to time. The new ones with the hood bulge, and especially this Nismo version... ugly
Dude I HEAR you - I saw one at the local 1/4 mile track with a bada** turbo running high to mid 12s..... I know they can be dangerous when well modded.......

That Nismo kit is just terrible.......
Old 4/25/07, 06:52 AM

Those new ones are fairly quick, but IMO it is 100% a chick car...There is nothing manly looking about that car.

I was next to some dude on the highway the other day and he thought he "had a little something".. Iwouldn't have obliged him, but he was one of those dudes that ya see with the geled spikey hair, 2 sizes too small shirt, gold watch and chain, expensive designer sunglasses, and I'm sure wore too much cologne...

I on the other hand am the complete opposite of that... Anyway, In 4th gear at about 70 we stayed even, until I hit about 4200 rpm then I pulled away...had I hit 3rd, well you know.... In his defense though I'm pushin 430RW

I was suprised though that he was able to hang for that long.

Quick Reply: Get ready at stoplights this summer....