General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

Ford vs. Others

Search this Thread

Old 4/25/05, 04:45 PM
GTR Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lets hear it, why do u think imports can beat Ford Products and or domestics in general.??
Old 4/25/05, 05:01 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

better in what way, be more specific. I like Ford's period.
In this day and age reliablility isnt really even an issue anymore.
Old 4/25/05, 05:03 PM
GTR Member

the thread F-150 looks like titan, was closed because it was off topic, so i opened this thread so we can talk about this. someone said imports are much better than domestics, i wanna no why everyone says this stuff, so i opened this to continue our discussion further
Old 4/25/05, 05:14 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I see, just skimmed through the other one. I guess it depends because I had a Ranger that lasted me over 300k miles, and wasnt near it's end, rather it was wrecked.
Only problems ever were leaky rear brake lines- quick fix even a baby could do
messed up synchros and flimsy gas pedal.
Original engine, only work I ever did on it was replace the valve and head gaskets.

I do believe Imports are really good, but today an average person won't really tell the difference. There are issues, and those unlucky to get them on any vehicle.
Old 4/25/05, 05:18 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

It was a 1990 Ranger XLT Lariat 2.9L V6 5spd
btw.
Old 4/25/05, 06:03 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Originally posted by Fordracing200@April 25, 2005, 5:06 PM
the thread F-150 looks like titan, was closed because it was off topic, so i opened this thread so we can talk about this. someone said imports are much better than domestics, i wanna no why everyone says this stuff, so i opened this to continue our discussion further
Yeah, somebody did said that. Somebody else said that Nissan Titan is a junk. You shouldn't have open this topic, there is nothing more to talk about. I think we said everything we want to say. Unless, you would like to add something else.
I'm on the Ford's side, but I'm always realistic. I wouldn't buy most of Japanese imports (Europeans imports are different story) because they not my type of car. I could've easily get brand new Civic for money I spent on used Mustang and Civic would probably last me longer, but I didn't want that. I don't want you think that I'm against domestic cars, because I'm not, but you have to be realistic when it comes to the cars. You're not.
Take care, I said everything I wanted to say.
Old 4/25/05, 07:30 PM
GTR Member

i am realistic, Ford has a high qaulity level, u cant work a titan, u should see the trucks around here, stock fords that get punded everyday with huge plows and get put in truck pulls that win and they sit high stock, the titan i see in town had a tiny cheap plow on it and it layed ont he ground when the fords around here have big 8 and 9 foot Fischers
Old 4/26/05, 07:25 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The funny thing is, up until this current model, the F-150 was built in Canada. The Titan has only been built in the U.S, albeit only two years. So which one is the import exactly?
Old 4/26/05, 08:10 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
This is VERY interesting:

http://www.alldata.com/includes/tsb/honda_notice.html

IMPORTANT NOTICE

The American Honda Motor Company, Inc. has requested ALLDATA restrict access to Acura and Honda repair information by individual consumers. You will unfortunately not be able to register for access to Acura or Honda vehicle repair information, technical service bulletins or recalls.

We kindly request that all comments should be directed to:
American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
P. O. Box 2206
700 Van Ness Ave.
Torrance, CA 90501

Honda: 800-999-1009
Acura: 800-382-2238

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you.
What's Honda trying to hide?
Old 4/26/05, 12:59 PM
GTR Member

Mark, that is interesting, maybe its because Honda realized they shouldnt post bulletins because everyone will not buy their cars
Old 4/28/05, 02:39 AM
Team Mustang Source

You know, I am a Ford guy until death, but I learned the hard way that "Ford is the be all end all greatest, and everything else stinks" just is unrealistic, ignorant, childish, and plain silly. Does that mean I am going to start buying imports? Of course not. I am a loyalist, I will always go to Ford for what I need, and as many here would, if it comes down to it, put up with more than I should have to, so I can stay loyal to the company. But the regular consumer, by far the majority, shouldn't and don't. I am not saying that Ford makes a crappy car, they are more or less competitive in their segments, but do they (always) make cars better than everybody else? Sorry to say it, but no. Don't take it from me, go look at sales figures. The fact of the matter is, until lately, other car companies, mostly foriegn, make a better, more reliable car, at a cheaper price, with better consumer benefits. And the key word in the above sentence is lately, because after all the crap that Ford takes, it is producing cars that nobody thought they could. Go drive a 500. Tell me that isn't just a stinking nice car. Take a ride in a new F-150, tell me you wouldn't pick it over the competition. Drive a new Mustang, and tell me you aren't in love. This is a great time to be a Blue Oval man (or woman). There is nothing wrong with taking pride in what they have accomplished, but don't let it get to your head, or we will just turn off people with our attitudes, and slip into the decline of the 90's again.

I have people come to me all the time for car advice, and as a family member or friend, I can't my bias lead them to a car purchase that isn't right for them. Sure I always give them FoMoCo products to consider, but I always make sure they get what is right for them (my dad, an Excursion, my aunt, a Prius). The good news is, lately, they have been much more excited about the Fords than before. I know I am excited, I know we all are, but you have to give credit where credit is due. Sometimes that credit is to the other team. Being a good loser is just as hard as being a gracious winner. And I don't know about you, but we are chalking up more W's than ever these days.

Sorry about the long post, but I feel better now.
Old 4/28/05, 09:39 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by bigred0383@April 28, 2005, 2:42 AM
You know, I am a Ford guy until death, but I learned the hard way that "Ford is the be all end all greatest, and everything else stinks" just is unrealistic, ignorant, childish, and plain silly. Does that mean I am going to start buying imports? Of course not. I am a loyalist, I will always go to Ford for what I need, and as many here would, if it comes down to it, put up with more than I should have to, so I can stay loyal to the company. But the regular consumer, by far the majority, shouldn't and don't. I am not saying that Ford makes a crappy car, they are more or less competitive in their segments, but do they (always) make cars better than everybody else? Sorry to say it, but no. Don't take it from me, go look at sales figures. The fact of the matter is, until lately, other car companies, mostly foriegn, make a better, more reliable car, at a cheaper price, with better consumer benefits. And the key word in the above sentence is lately, because after all the crap that Ford takes, it is producing cars that nobody thought they could. Go drive a 500. Tell me that isn't just a stinking nice car. Take a ride in a new F-150, tell me you wouldn't pick it over the competition. Drive a new Mustang, and tell me you aren't in love. This is a great time to be a Blue Oval man (or woman). There is nothing wrong with taking pride in what they have accomplished, but don't let it get to your head, or we will just turn off people with our attitudes, and slip into the decline of the 90's again.

I have people come to me all the time for car advice, and as a family member or friend, I can't my bias lead them to a car purchase that isn't right for them. Sure I always give them FoMoCo products to consider, but I always make sure they get what is right for them (my dad, an Excursion, my aunt, a Prius). The good news is, lately, they have been much more excited about the Fords than before. I know I am excited, I know we all are, but you have to give credit where credit is due. Sometimes that credit is to the other team. Being a good loser is just as hard as being a gracious winner. And I don't know about you, but we are chalking up more W's than ever these days.

Well said.
Old 4/28/05, 10:27 AM
Team Mustang Source

To me it also depends on what I trust. I have only owned Fords with the exception of a Subaru and I trust FoMoCo completely. To me the factor of their safety is very important to me. I feel that they make extremely safe vehicles for the public and I will continue to be a loyal customer.

My parents have owned a smattering of vehicles (everything from Fiat to Dodge) and they also come to the conclusion that Ford and Subaru are their favorite companies. I continue to stand by my decision that I trust Ford. Just my .02
Old 4/28/05, 03:07 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally posted by bigred0383@April 28, 2005, 2:42 AM

I'm pretty much aligned with your thinking. I too have bought lots of Fords but I've also owned an Acura and wouldn't have a problem buying another. I have issues with the people that take opposite tack to what you said i.e. "Domestics are crap! Only the <insert foreign brand here> make great cars!". I had just as many problems with my Acura as I ever had with any of my Fords and some cases the Fords were better. As a matter of fact, my Mazda with its Ford Duratec V6 has been absolutely bullet-proof.
Old 4/28/05, 03:15 PM
Team Mustang Source

My wife has little issues with her Element. Most are just design flaws that Honda didn't think about but they are still problems nonetheless
Old 4/28/05, 03:24 PM
GTR Member

Originally posted by bigred0383+April 28, 2005, 3:42 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bigred0383 @ April 28, 2005, 3:42 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>You know, I am a Ford guy until death, but I learned the hard way that "Ford is the be all end all greatest, and everything else stinks" just is unrealistic, ignorant, childish, and plain silly. Does that mean I am going to start buying imports? Of course not. I am a loyalist, I will always go to Ford for what I need, and as many here would, if it comes down to it, put up with more than I should have to, so I can stay loyal to the company. But the regular consumer, by far the majority, shouldn't and don't. I am not saying that Ford makes a crappy car, they are more or less competitive in their segments, but do they (always) make cars better than everybody else? Sorry to say it, but no. Don't take it from me, go look at sales figures. The fact of the matter is, until lately, other car companies, mostly foriegn, make a better, more reliable car, at a cheaper price, with better consumer benefits. And the key word in the above sentence is lately, because after all the crap that Ford takes, it is producing cars that nobody thought they could. Go drive a 500. Tell me that isn't just a stinking nice car. Take a ride in a new F-150, tell me you wouldn't pick it over the competition. Drive a new Mustang, and tell me you aren't in love. This is a great time to be a Blue Oval man (or woman). There is nothing wrong with taking pride in what they have accomplished, but don't let it get to your head, or we will just turn off people with our attitudes, and slip into the decline of the 90's again.

[/b]

you are absoloutly right, the fungus is not a good car, the 05 is, but the previous had many durability issues. I love the ride of the new F-150, i rode in an 05, and loved it, from 0-102mph, i have one complaint, being it was a 4.6, it was a slow accelerator, but otherwise amazing.
<!--QuoteBegin-1999 Black 35th GT
@April 28, 2005, 11:30 AM
To me it also depends on what I trust. I have only owned Fords with the exception of a Subaru and I trust FoMoCo completely. To me the factor of their safety is very important to me. I feel that they make extremely safe vehicles for the public and I will continue to be a loyal customer.

My parents have owned a smattering of vehicles (everything from Fiat to Dodge) and they also come to the conclusion that Ford and Subaru are their favorite companies. I continue to stand by my decision that I trust Ford. Just my .02
[/quote]
my parents have too, and my dad had many many chevys, after his camaro, he now wont buy one, he will buy hondas because he love dhis 88 accord, no more chevys after their turn for the worst, he will consider dodge though as his ram has been good. and he LOVED his mustang, never let him down
Old 4/30/05, 10:41 AM
Cobra Member

I am 29 years old and have owned 8 cars total, including a toyota pick-up. I have to admit I will only buy American cars now for the simple reason of 'made in the USA'. But on the other hand I absolutely loved that truck. It was an '89 and had over 200k miles on it before I sold it. It did have the issue of the head gasket, but was under manufacturers recal. I have no problem with Toyotas, they are great cars and I know that truck served me well.

Being so closed minded about how great one car is compared to another is just being ignorant. I am a car fan, not only a Ford, or Mustang fan. I enjoy reading and learning about these machines that we all use everyday. There are goods and bads to every vehicle, that's why we have so many choices. Some are great with performance and some reliability. Some for comfort and some for style. I'm tired...Time to put someone on the ignored list.
Old 4/30/05, 10:52 AM
I'm people, and I like.

most of you guys hit it right on the money!
Old 4/30/05, 01:45 PM
GTR Member

i see, i like Ford because in eery class of vehicle i like i havent found anything better.
Example-
F-series, dodge is close, but ford still beats them.
Old 4/30/05, 01:57 PM
I'm people, and I like.

better in your opinion. Somebody else might like another vehicle than the ones you like, that doesnt make those vehicles any less of a vehicle. Some people may look at towing capability, another person may look at performance, or at looks, at stability, or at dependability. Their is a car for everyone out there

Quick Reply: Ford vs. Others