Fbod Fathers Rant

Search this Thread

Old 1/3/08, 09:48 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Fbod Fathers Rant

http://web.camaross.com/forums/showthread.php?t=568760

I kinda feel bad for this guy...

I don't think we've ever had Ford personel ever have to explain this kinda stuff to us, or what looks like an attempt (sad one at that) to soften blows by mentioning "its just a spy shot...its just a spy shot..wait wait... don't get rid of your deposits just yet"

Every thread I see over there the poor guy is trying to explain or defend or fight fires.

Thennnnn... I read this one comment that just makes me shake my head at him...

The thing that gets me is what he says about peoples opinions.
"Don't call it *ss..because you insult the people who like it"
Whaaa?hunn???
Old 1/4/08, 01:42 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, I can agree with the guy to some degree. Wait until some actual production photos leak out, then judge. You can't make a decision based on cobbled together parts that don't look anything like the final product will.
Old 1/4/08, 12:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
While the parts and details may be still cobbled together and quite rough, I do think it fair to presume that the general shapes and design themes are reasonably well indicated by these spy shots and many of the criticisms do deal with it on that level.

So unless the GM guy's whinings about the whinings is ready to say the real interior looks nothing like these spy shots -- highly unlikely -- then they better be taking these criticisms more to heart rather than deflecting or rationalizing them.
Old 1/4/08, 01:07 PM
I Have No Life

Criticizing the finish... well its not done
Criticizing the look/shape... well yeah that's not going to change.
Old 1/4/08, 04:15 PM
Team Mustang Source

The look/shape is horrible to me. Fit and finish aside, I don't like it. They are trying to be too old school IMO.
Old 1/4/08, 05:14 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I read it and kinda laughed...He's telling people not to say his baby is ugly.
Let people have their opinion. Laying down rules to how someone can comment is a bad PR move. The interior is missing some trim pieces and the plastics will probably be covered in (faux) leather or cloth but the design and layout will not change one bit. That's the production gauges and HVAC setup and stereo. The outside looks okay in respect to the concept...

I'm a Ford guy so jumping on the whole Challenger/Camaro bandwagon and saying things like "I'm going to sell my Stang for a..." or "If Ford doesn't offer this or that I'm heading over to a ______ Dealer" is not in my vocabulary. They both will be some competition to Mustang. They will have their diehard fans. They may even sway some Stang Fans. But I'm sticking with the Mustang. It's a legend...It's the reason for these other "pony" cars.It has hung on through almost 45 years of non-stop production. So enjoy this site. Speak your mind about the topics at hand, Constructive Criticism helps Ford insiders know our wants and desires, our likes and dislikes...(What's with those taillights on the 2010?). If anything I ask on this site is to respect the opinions of others and not disrepect the person posting them.
Old 1/6/08, 12:18 AM
FR500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm guessing this response means they may not be able to change much more on that car since it seems way past due... can't make everyone happy anyway and 'Stang fans are no different, although the stakes are higher for GM if they want don't want to kill off the Camaro again.
Old 1/6/08, 09:31 AM
I Have No Life

Yeah, but we've never had a Ford person coming in here and say "Give it a chance... you haven't seen the final FINAL product yet" and basically yelling at the people who have negative comments...
"You called my baby ugly" isn't allowed
Old 1/6/08, 10:37 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I can't read through all of that post. First reply should simply say

'yea, but the interior still looks stupid'

Those are all production pieces. The dash costs more to develop then the entire body of the car. May not be in the right colors, but if they aren't square at this point, they are years out from release.
Old 1/6/08, 10:41 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

I stand by my original estimate of 60,000 units the first year with incentives coming in around month 8.
Old 1/6/08, 12:49 PM
I Have No Life

I think the faithfull will run and flock....
...if ADMs... people will wait till they settle down.

But after that, not so sure.
They TOO have to compete with the Challenger, not just the Mustang this time around
Old 1/7/08, 11:38 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
The Challenger's price point is like saying that the Camry competes with the GS series. Mustang has never had any problem even when there were over 20 'competitive' products on the market.