General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

Diary of Mark's 08 Vette.

Search this Thread

Old 12/25/08, 07:29 PM
Cobra Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
nahh. He was used to his 9 second turbo regal.. so the Vette is slow lol.

Originally Posted by edumspeed
10.6!!!!!
That's pretty sure a nasty ride! I bet the first time he took it for a spin he almost had to change his underwear!
Old 12/25/08, 10:20 PM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Turbo Regal that runs 9's He'll eventually make that vette faster than the Buick in no time.
Old 12/26/08, 07:21 AM
Cobra Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
no. The vette is staying as it is.. It plenty fast for the street.. The TR is his racecar

Originally Posted by edumspeed
Turbo Regal that runs 9's He'll eventually make that vette faster than the Buick in no time.
Old 12/26/08, 07:40 AM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Oh well.
Old 12/26/08, 08:47 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Thanks Mark for posting here about your beautiful Vette. I really like it.
More and more, I keeping thinking about a C6 in my future.
Old 12/26/08, 10:05 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Silver99v6
Bingo! The head unit is an Eclipse 6620. Im also adding a pair of JL 10W3 subs and Eclipse components. The guy that I am working with made the first box that will fit a sub that large and still fit the top when stowed in the back. Im not a sub guy, but I needed bass after the components, and the boxs actually look good and not getto.

He is designing everything out of my car.
Great choice with the eclipse. I have the AVN5510 and absolutely love it. Did you get those interior pieces from DSV? Were they expensive? I want to order some parts from him when he opens DSVstangs. Also, what does the dynamat do?
Old 12/26/08, 03:53 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
dynamat is a soundproofing layer, it keeps road noise out, and stereo sound in; it's not cheap, but not really all that expensive, good stuff from what I hear

I'd put some in my car, but I drive with the windows down all the time anyway, and that sorta defeats the purpose
Old 12/26/08, 10:02 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Dynamat is great against LT headers and Stinger mufflers. Roll the windows down when you want to hear them. Roll them up to hear your stereo.
Old 12/26/08, 11:38 PM
NTTAWWT

I like hearing road noise, stereo and exhaust at the same time...not really much option for that without going deaf
Old 12/27/08, 03:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jmanpatsfan
Great choice with the eclipse. I have the AVN5510 and absolutely love it. Did you get those interior pieces from DSV? Were they expensive? I want to order some parts from him when he opens DSVstangs. Also, what does the dynamat do?

I did get the interior pieces from DSVettes. They were not cheap, but you get what you pay for. I have seen his Stang that matches his Vette and Ram. It looks awesome! I plan on ordering more stuff from him as soon as the I get the cash.
Old 12/27/08, 04:44 PM
Cobra R Member

Why????

Sorry....

But doesn't anyone else find the 'vette thing inapproppriate? I don't think a "diary" of other makes of cars belongs here. It's shame that your 'vette buddys don't appreciate your effort on your non-Mustang, but that's part of the territory when you buy an upscale car.

If you post about your Mustang, great; but I would appreciate not seeing the vette stuff. I'm on a Mustang forum, at least I thought I was...

Last edited by WaltM; 12/27/08 at 04:47 PM.
Old 12/27/08, 05:06 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
I have no problem with it. Especially since it's in "general vehicle discussion"...
Old 12/27/08, 05:17 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice one!
Old 12/27/08, 05:44 PM
Cobra R Member

Sorry guys, but I still think it's wrong.

Why on earth would I buy a "stang and frequent a Mustang forum to read about some guys 'vette? And just because his fellow 'vette (not Mustang) owners don't wanna hear about his upgrades means that I do?
Old 12/27/08, 06:03 PM
My C/T is cooler than Arin is.

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Notch
I have no problem with it. Especially since it's in "general vehicle discussion"...
+1... I'm sorry you feel that way, but this thread is avoidable if you wish to not read it....
Old 12/27/08, 06:26 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Autotooner
+1... I'm sorry you feel that way, but this thread is avoidable if you wish to not read it....
It would have been much more "avoidable" if the thread was never created.

Last edited by WaltM; 12/27/08 at 06:34 PM.
Old 12/27/08, 09:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by WaltM
Sorry....

But doesn't anyone else find the 'vette thing inapproppriate? I don't think a "diary" of other makes of cars belongs here. It's shame that your 'vette buddys don't appreciate your effort on your non-Mustang, but that's part of the territory when you buy an upscale car.

If you post about your Mustang, great; but I would appreciate not seeing the vette stuff. I'm on a Mustang forum, at least I thought I was...
This is a Mustang forum, yes, but we are all here to celebrate our love for cars, especially American made ones. No matter how bitter the Chevy/Ford thing is, I can, and I am sure others can as well, appreciate other exceptional vehicles not named Munstangs. Tasteful modifications, such as the one Mark has done to his car, are very interesting to see and read about.

Last edited by jmanpatsfan; 12/27/08 at 09:44 PM.
Old 12/27/08, 11:57 PM
NTTAWWT

^what he said, I love Mustangs possibly more than the next guy, but I really love and appreciate Corvettes, and all cars for that matter, even if I dont like it. There's no need to bash the guy's efforts. Most web forums suck, this is one of the few where you can get input from people, without a bunch of insults and such. If you dont want to read about it, dont.

Long live Mark's Vette
Old 12/28/08, 02:15 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by WaltM
Sorry....

Uhhhh No? Not Really, since he posted it in the General Vehicle Discussion section of the forums. If you don't like it, you don't have to click on it an read it. It's that simple. 98% of the forums here are dedicated to Mustangs, so if you just want to read about them, stick to those sections. It's no different than the Politics & Religion section General Art section or Sports parts of the Forums.

People that constantly try to tell others what they only want really annoy the hell out of me.

Old 12/28/08, 06:29 AM
My C/T is cooler than Arin is.

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by TampaBear67
Uhhhh No? Not Really, since he posted it in the General Vehicle Discussion section of the forums. If you don't like it, you don't have to click on it an read it. It's that simple. 98% of the forums here are dedicated to Mustangs, so if you just want to read about them, stick to those sections. It's no different than the Politics & Religion section General Art section or Sports parts of the Forums.

People that constantly try to tell others what they only want really annoy the hell out of me.

exactly... if you don't like it, don't read it...

Quick Reply: Diary of Mark's 08 Vette.