General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

Chevy takes over Daewoo dealerships

Search this Thread

Old 10/1/04, 03:34 PM
GTR Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
i read a press report today about Chevrolet taking over all European Daewoo dealerships, and within a year will be offering the whole range (except Vette) in Britain!

My wife wants an SUV ( :bang: ), and unless Ford offers a RHD Expedition, it will have to be a Chevy Tahoe... :shock: ....

COME ON FORD!!!

p.s. The vette will only be on sale in Authorised Caddy dealers and not through Chevrolet (Daewoo) dealerships, where's the logic in that ??????
Old 10/1/04, 03:39 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the tahoe isnt a bad car at all. my girlfriend's dad has one, and he uses it for work to carry a bunch of stuff
and he has driven it all over the place.
Old 10/1/04, 04:23 PM
GTR Member

it will also be a "Dog Carrier" as we have to take our dogs up to Alex's parents daily......she has a saloon, I have a 'vert.... the dogs are sitting on the back seats of both of our cars. It is really getting to be an effort to clean the leather daily!!

The reason for the SUV is that she is feeling really left out, she drives a beater, and I drive my baby round all day and wax lyrical to her about how good the mustang is all the time!!

She is not on the insurance to drive mine 'cos she is under 25 (no insurance company will economically allow an under 25 to drive a 3.8L car!)

Plus, I want a BIG car....the mustang is big over here compared to "normal" cars, but an Expedition is Huge!!
Old 10/1/04, 04:29 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Originally posted by jgsmuzzy@October 1, 2004, 3:26 PM
it will also be a "Dog Carrier" as we have to take our dogs up to Alex's parents daily......she has a saloon, I have a 'vert.... the dogs are sitting on the back seats of both of our cars. It is really getting to be an effort to clean the leather daily!!

The reason for the SUV is that she is feeling really left out, she drives a beater, and I drive my baby round all day and wax lyrical to her about how good the mustang is all the time!!

She is not on the insurance to drive mine 'cos she is under 25 (no insurance company will economically allow an under 25 to drive a 3.8L car!)

Plus, I want a BIG car....the mustang is big over here compared to "normal" cars, but an Expedition is Huge!!
tell me about it. my girlfriend is 20 yrs old and drives a 3.8L mustang also, and the insurance just kills her. over 200 a month

yea, expedition= no good :nono:
Old 10/1/04, 04:33 PM
GTR Member

what's wrong with the expedition?
Old 10/1/04, 04:44 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Originally posted by jgsmuzzy@October 1, 2004, 3:36 PM
what's wrong with the expedition?
well, i personally dont like it, any SUV for that fact. but if its needed, its needed, so i wouldnt go with the 13/17 mpg on the expedition, even thought the 16/20 on the tahoe isnt that much better. the tahoe does cost a little more though

i dont know
i dont know a lot about SUV's so i shouldnt be giving advice
Old 10/1/04, 05:04 PM
GTR Member

At that mileage, she ain't getting either! I think if Chevy release the Tahoe here in the mainstream, the engine size will come down to meet "British" tastes for performance
Either that, or they will put the 3.0 TD from the Vauxhall Frontera in it, as they are both GM companies.
Lalo, who cares if you shouldn't be giving advice....there are a lot of people on this board that shouldn't (me included, I Think )

Thanks for the advice
Old 10/1/04, 05:57 PM
I'm people, and I like.

no problem James ^_^
Old 10/1/04, 06:12 PM
Cobra Member

I don't understand the SUV thing at all. Station wagons have more room, handle better, and get better fuel consumption. Ah well, that's just me.
Old 10/1/04, 06:17 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Originally posted by scottie1113@October 1, 2004, 5:15 PM
I don't understand the SUV thing at all. Station wagons have more room, handle better, and get better fuel consumption. Ah well, that's just me.
exactly!!!

those are my thoughts. dont forget that they are safer!
SUV's are the most dangerous cars out there

people are probably already tired of me saying it
Old 10/1/04, 06:28 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by thezeppelin8@October 1, 2004, 5:20 PM
dont forget that they are safer!
I don't know, I feel a lot more comfortable with my wife driving my 7mo. old around in an Expedition than I did when she had her Contour.
Old 10/1/04, 07:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by scottie1113@October 1, 2004, 6:15 PM
Suv's are more stylish(IMO), and besides the volvo wagons, Subies and the magnum', theres not much variety in the market.
Old 10/1/04, 07:43 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Originally posted by freebass55+October 1, 2004, 5:31 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (freebass55 @ October 1, 2004, 5:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-thezeppelin8@October 1, 2004, 5:20 PM
dont forget that they are safer!
I don't know, I feel a lot more comfortable with my wife driving my 7mo. old around in an Expedition than I did when she had her Contour. [/b][/quote]
yea, thats because you feel "bigger" in that death trap. its a false feeling. stats have shown that SUV's get in more accidents than any other automobile.

dont make me pull up the source!
Old 10/1/04, 08:53 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Rakshas+October 1, 2004, 7:24 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rakshas @ October 1, 2004, 7:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-scottie1113@October 1, 2004, 6:15 PM
Suv's are more stylish(IMO), and besides the volvo wagons, Subies and the magnum', theres not much variety in the market. [/b][/quote]
Audi A4 Avant. But my favorite is the Subara Outback. To each his own, but I've never thought of any SUV as stylish.

James, I'm not trying to rain on your parade. Get an SUV if you and your wife want one.
Old 10/1/04, 09:17 PM
I'm people, and I like.

i am attracted to the chrysler pacifica.
on their website it says its an SUV, wagon, and mini van. but we all know its a wagon, just the new american kind. what do you guys thing?
i think this wagon has style
Old 10/1/04, 09:35 PM
Cobra Member

I also think it's stylish, but I haven't yet been able to figure out what it is. It's not a crossover, it's not an SUV, and it's not really a wagon. I guess it's my fault as I put cars into different slots.
Old 10/1/04, 11:14 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by thezeppelin8+October 1, 2004, 6:20 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (thezeppelin8 @ October 1, 2004, 6:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-scottie1113@October 1, 2004, 5:15 PM
exactly!!!

people are probably already tired of me saying it [/b][/quote]
In rollover yes, they are dangerous, but in front and rear end collisions, they are better than cars. It has its positives and negatives!
Old 10/2/04, 08:24 AM
Cobra R Member

The whole deal about feeling safer in an SUV because its bigger than all the other cars is right out of a cartoon. Can't you just see a cat and mouse having a duel, the cat pulls out a big gun, then the mouse pulls out an even bigger one, then the cat a still bigger one, and so on.
I'm just happy not everyone feels this way about SUVs, cause then eventually everyone would be driving Tahoes and Expedition. Then if anyone wants to feel safe, they'd need a car that's beefier and taller than all the others on the road, so its time for a hummer, studebaker, or that giant semi of an International pick up.
Sure SUVs might better in front and rear end collisions, but that's only cause its so high up that your just rolling up on top of the person in front of you, but hey, that's their baby's problem.

GET A VOLVO IF YOU WANT SAFETY!
Old 10/2/04, 09:21 AM
I'm people, and I like.

Originally posted by Brian302505+October 1, 2004, 10:17 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Brian302505 @ October 1, 2004, 10:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by thezeppelin8@October 1, 2004, 6:20 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-scottie1113
@October 1, 2004, 5:15 PM

exactly!!!

people are probably already tired of me saying it
In rollover yes, they are dangerous, but in front and rear end collisions, they are better than cars. It has its positives and negatives! [/b][/quote]
UH OH, YOU GONE AND DONE IT

BOOYA! SOURCES!

very interesting facts on the death traps (its not just about roll over):

PBS presents ROLLOVER:The Hidden History of the SUV

and here's a video by DateLine showing that SUV's EVEN SUK IN FRONT AND BACK COLLISIONS!!! the bumpers on SUV's are higher than the normal sized car ones, so they both mess up!
DATELINE: Suv's Vs. Cars
Old 10/2/04, 09:28 AM
I'm people, and I like.

Originally posted by mustang_sallad@October 2, 2004, 7:27 AM
The whole deal about feeling safer in an SUV because its bigger than all the other cars is right out of a cartoon. Can't you just see a cat and mouse having a duel, the cat pulls out a big gun, then the mouse pulls out an even bigger one, then the cat a still bigger one, and so on.
I'm just happy not everyone feels this way about SUVs, cause then eventually everyone would be driving Tahoes and Expedition. Then if anyone wants to feel safe, they'd need a car that's beefier and taller than all the others on the road, so its time for a hummer, studebaker, or that giant semi of an International pick up.
Sure SUVs might better in front and rear end collisions, but that's only cause its so high up that your just rolling up on top of the person in front of you, but hey, that's their baby's problem.

GET A VOLVO IF YOU WANT SAFETY!
here's a good quote on the false feeling of safety in SUV's from PBS

perception vs. reality

Why is the sport utility vehicle so popular?

It filled a whole group of very important needs, both physical needs and psychological needs. ... Sport utility vehicles had this robust, aggressive design. ... They could take you anywhere; they were rugged. They did those kinds of things which reflected America's personality. ...

The other thing you should understand, the whole love affair with trucks in the United States moved beyond trucks as work vehicles. ... So out of the personal use of trucks grew the concept of a sport utility vehicle, higher off the ground, rugged, great visibility, because you felt you were in charge of the world. If anybody smaller than you got in front of you, you could kind of run them over -- even though you didn't want to do that -- but you had this feeling of personal power. ...

These vehicles really said, "America, we're risk takers, America, we're rugged."...

Sport utility vehicles were a part of that conception that life in America was about having a good time, but there was a lot of tease in it. Because most people, remember, never use sport utility vehicles to go off road. They drive them around cities. But there's this projection: "I could if I want to, even though I don't." ...

Quick Reply: Chevy takes over Daewoo dealerships