WTF!?!

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/camar...-2008/1046721/

Pic a COLOUR....
That mix looks NASTY...
Kinda to match its interior..
Old 9/19/08, 02:16 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nothing says class like a shiny red plastic interior.
Old 9/19/08, 03:53 PM
GT Member

they should have replaced the red plastic in the doors with red leather other then that I think it looks alright
Old 9/19/08, 04:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Full Throttle
they should have replaced the red plastic in the doors with red leather other then that I think it looks alright

I agree. I think it looks great with that one exception. I REALLY like this car. I hope the new mustang can compete. I know everyone has their own opinions and right now, I'm leaning towards this. But I'm waiting until November to pass judgments.
Old 9/19/08, 04:36 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts

There is nothing I like about this car. At all. I thought that the front looked like Chester from Syfl and Olie, and now that hideous interior... they could make it all black, or all red, or all silver, or... and it wouldn't matter, it is ugly.

I think GM is insistent on killing Camaro. Good. Firebird looked better anyway.
Old 9/19/08, 05:04 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
Old 9/19/08, 05:22 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
still unappealing to me
Old 9/19/08, 06:07 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
I like it!
Old 9/19/08, 06:21 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I like it.
Old 9/19/08, 08:11 PM
Team Mustang Source

Handbrake on the passenger side...
Old 9/19/08, 08:15 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by Topnotch
Handbrake on the passenger side...
Not a "Handbrake".
It does not matter where the parking brake is, as long as the driver can reach it easily.
Old 9/19/08, 08:15 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I like everything other than the way the two tone seats were done. I would have liked to see smaller red accents on a black seat, or everything be red. I dont like how whole faces of the seat are one color.

Everything else though I love. Right now I like the Camaro's interior better than that of the '10 Mustangs
Old 9/20/08, 12:45 AM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Really not too much wrong here. Chevy has definitely spent more time sweating details on this car than Ford bothered with the current Mustang (suspension, brakes, 20" forged alloys, HID projector headlights with 'halo rings' a la BMW, HUD, LED light piping in interior, higher quality leather seating surfaces, etc, etc, etc). Hopefully the 2010 Stang will somewhat turn the tables back in favor of the pony...

Tons more pics here.

Last edited by Hollywood_North GT; 9/20/08 at 12:54 AM.
Old 9/20/08, 01:47 AM
MOTM Committee Member

Originally Posted by Hollywood_North GT
Really not too much wrong here. Chevy has definitely spent more time sweating details on this car than Ford bothered with the current Mustang (suspension, brakes, 20" forged alloys, HID projector headlights with 'halo rings' a la BMW, HUD, LED light piping in interior, higher quality leather seating surfaces, etc, etc, etc). Hopefully the 2010 Stang will somewhat turn the tables back in favor of the pony...
And all of that will be reflected in the price. From we've seen I still like the 2010's interior better. And I'm sure when we see it fully revealed with IUP, ambient lighting, SYNC, etc, it'll blow this out of the water
Old 9/20/08, 02:58 AM
Closet American

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
And all of that will be reflected in the price. From we've seen I still like the 2010's interior better. And I'm sure when we see it fully revealed with IUP, ambient lighting, SYNC, etc, it'll blow this out of the water
I don't think it will blow it out of the water, but it might give this a bit of chop.
Old 9/20/08, 05:44 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Hollywood_North GT
I don't think it will blow it out of the water, but it might give this a bit of chop.
Everyone was all mad that Ford used hard plastics on the door panel for the current car. Then Chevy does it for the Camaro, and makes it shiny to boot, but its a "good interior"? That plastic looks horrid!! I'm sorry, but if it was leather/vinyl inserts in the door in red, it would look WORLDS better!! And I still don't like that radio AT ALL!!!

Hollywood, like Stang said, all these neat features in the Camaro are coming at a price to consumers. Car isn't gonna be cheap, and GM already said this. Personally, I don't need Heads Up Display. Drove a BMW with it, and it was annoying. The "Halo" lights? Thats a signature for another brand. I still think this car looks like an overgrown hotwheels. Can't wait till November 19th!!!
Old 9/20/08, 06:38 AM
Closet American

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Hollywood, like Stang said, all these neat features in the Camaro are coming at a price to consumers. Car isn't gonna be cheap, and GM already said this.
I'm sure. But who cares? It'll still provide far better bang-for-the-buck than its closest Euro or Japanese competitors.

I think GM always intended to move the Camaro up-market a bit, and offer a car that provides much greater performance than something like a 350Z, but at about the same price-point as the Nissan.
Old 9/20/08, 09:34 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
Just noticed the important gauges are on the console under the radio. Yeah. That makes *total* sense to me...

re: doesn't matter where the parking brake is? Ok, put it in the footwell. Or maybe on the driver door sill ala Jaguars. Then tell me it doesn't matter.

On the bright side, I do like the cupholders and the way the armrest is flush with the rest of the console, so there's that.

Still... Not right.
Old 9/20/08, 10:30 AM
Team Mustang Source

Just their first year, guys. they have to leave room for improvements for subsequent model years (if they still exist then). I do like the Red Stitching on the seats, head rest are butt-ugly. and think from the driver's seat those console gauges will be hard to see. They have left a lot of room for the Aftermarket segment as did FORD with ours. Would I buy it? NOPE!! (But I am looking at a Black Challenger, to join the fleet!!)
Old 9/20/08, 12:20 PM
Cobra Member

I don't think it's terrible. It certainly looks better than the interior of the Challenger though the Challenger has the Camaro beat by a long shot in regards to exterior aesthetics.

For me the question will come down to whether or not the 2010 Mustang's interior will look better than that of the Camaro and whether the exterior will look better than that of the Challenger. Personally, I think the 2010 Mustang's interior will look a little more upscale and mature than the boy-racer motif the Camaro seems to be going for. The jury is still out on whether the exterior will look better than the Challenger's. Once the 5.0 comes out, I'm confident the Mustang will have the edge, performance-wise, over both of them.

Quick Reply: Camaro SS interior