General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

Camaro Exterior Shot - Preproduction/No camo

Search this Thread

Old 1/4/08, 07:54 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That is a great 'shop Topnotch! If I didn't study that photo you just posted, and just glanced at it I would have no problem putting money on a bet saying that is a Mustang in that photo.
Old 1/5/08, 06:00 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by theedge67
I've been saying for a long time the new 'maro looks strikingly like the 05+ Mustangs. Everyone wants to be like us, yet everyone hates us.
That is the definition of jealousy!

Originally Posted by Topnotch
for a Mustang Coupe?
Dude!........

Somebody has to make that car a reality... You have my vote for the 2010 reskin! Yo FORD!!!!

As for GM - I suggest you go back to the drawing board. The concept looked like a shark. The production looks like a fish...a b'***. :notnice:
Old 1/6/08, 12:07 AM
FR500 Member

for a Mustang Coupe?
OH SNAP! I'd be so all over that one like white on rice! Great job!

LOL, If GM can use Mustangs as a basis for Camaro design, yeah why not "return the favor"?
(hope you don't mind? posted that pic on another forum for our closet Camaro fan! )
Old 1/6/08, 02:23 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
At least the rear look concept-ish. I was wondering how much they were going to deviate from that.
Old 1/6/08, 08:59 AM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
sorry sean not feelin it
Old 1/6/08, 10:42 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm not feeling anything about the car. Seems like its just another GM coupe, not a CAMARO. And I'm a huge GM fan for all 60's cars, never cared for 60's Mustangs at all. It just doesn't seem exciting in any way. But the long-abandoned IROC-Z crowd is sure to be out in force in them.
Old 1/6/08, 05:10 PM
bt4
Bullitt Member

GM for a Mustang Coupe?
Blasphemy! Nice chop, (Though you've probably given a few of the bowtie boys heart palpitations). I do not have photoshop, and I am not an artist. But I admire those who are good at digital art. I also like the idea of taking the Mustang in a different direction. I do like the looks of the new Challenger, and to a lesser degree, the Camaro (something about the front/grill just doesn't quite look right.) But the problem with the Mustang, Chanllenger, and Camaro is the retro-feel. I like it but, isn't it time to move on?

Is it possible to make a Mustang, that doesn't look like a Mustang? If it had a 3-bar grill would it still be a Mustang?
Attached Thumbnails Camaro Exterior Shot - Preproduction/No camo-nwstang1.jpg   Camaro Exterior Shot - Preproduction/No camo-nwstang2.jpg  
Old 1/6/08, 07:38 PM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A Hondastangflex.

Old 1/7/08, 11:33 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
pass

Taking the Mustang in a different direction=a quick death into obscurity and forgetability like 90% of current production vehicles.
Old 1/7/08, 09:45 PM
FR500 Member

^^^ Let it be said that the Fox-bodied 'Stang avoided that pitfall. But that's just me... =)
Old 1/7/08, 11:15 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Good looking car, but I'm just not feeling it.
Old 1/8/08, 03:26 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by burningman
sorry sean not feelin it
It wasn't meant to be a design idea but just an indication on how much Mustang is infused into the Camaro design....
Old 1/8/08, 06:37 PM
bt4
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Hollywood_North GT
A Hondastangflex.

Yeah, pretty much.

I liked the Acura V-10 concept. Though it was conceived as more of a Corvette/exotic I thought the proportions were similar to a pony car--long hood, short, high rear deck. I didn't care for the rear greenhouse of the Acura, so that is lifted from an S197. The tail lights, of course are from the Mustang concept. The upper and lower body creases reminded me of the 99-04 SN95, moreso when tied together with the rear fender scoop from the 99-04. A while ago on this site, there was a thread speculating what the Mustang would look like with the corporate 3-bar grill. I took the grill from the Interceptor, reducing the width, chopping the lower bar considerably.

The chop by TopNotch looked good, but got me curious as to what future generations of pony cars will look like. Ford nailed the retro/mod look (IMO) with the s197, obviously Dodge and Chevy thought it was a pretty good idea. I can't help but wonder how far into the future the retro theme will extend.
Old 1/9/08, 04:17 PM
Team Mustang Source

XXL Camaro Shot...This is getting silly....

Attached Thumbnails Camaro Exterior Shot - Preproduction/No camo-preproductioncamaro01.jpg  
Old 1/9/08, 04:22 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
It wasn't meant to be a design idea but just an indication on how much Mustang is infused into the Camaro design....
Ahh gotcha man..yeah on that i agree
Old 1/11/08, 11:32 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts
Updated: frontal shot!

first uncamo Front shot of the Camaro!

Old 1/11/08, 12:19 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Not feeling those headlights at all, wow. Mirrors look pretty weak as well.
Old 1/11/08, 12:20 PM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
for a Mustang Coupe?
Wow Topnotch, that's amazing.

For me, the year the Mustang and Camaro where closet was in '69 (my favourite year for both). On another thread I asked if it was possible to "morph" the two together. http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=74651

This

Plus this:

Equals this:

I still not convinced by the front end of the chop, as I think the grille still needs the shark look, but front the front wing back, it's great. Now you've added to the rear too, although taking the '05 styling cues rather than the '69. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'd love the 2012/3 Mustang to take its inspiration from the '69.

Old 1/11/08, 01:02 PM

Not bad, again, remarkably close to the Camaro concept. I don't think white is the most flattering color for this design, will probably look much better in metallics.

Some of the details I find a touch awkward:

Bumper cut lines -- don't line up well with overall body lines/creases.
Tail lights/ rear end -- the individual elements just don't quite gel (one designer did the side, one the rear end?).
Greenhouse a touch squat -- Yeah, I know, the thuggish riding in a gun-bunker is all the look these days, but I like to look out of a car and not feel enveloped by it.
Front light -- preproduction, but at this stage, they seem a touch busy and fussy. How about some simple big round lights like the '69?

Basically, it looks really good at this stage and will be quite interested to see it in production trim in more colors. Between the Camaro and Challenger, the next Stang better be REALLY good as it won't be the only fish in the pond any more.
Old 1/11/08, 01:11 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
yuck on the front....nothing looks natural....the empty grille and the out of place amber turn signals???...PLEASE be a bad photoshop.

Quick Reply: Camaro Exterior Shot - Preproduction/No camo