General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

Buy This Camaro-Murdering Volvo So I Don't Have To

Search this Thread

Old 2/5/16, 11:42 AM
TMS Editor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buy This Camaro-Murdering Volvo So I Don't Have To

Just six short hours away from my home sits a Volvo 740 Wagon with a Ford Cobra V8 stuffed under the hood.

Read the rest on the Mustang Source homepage. >>
Old 2/5/16, 11:47 AM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
Could that be Paul Newman's car? Wayne Carini from Chasing Classic Cars featured itfew years ago. I think the suspension was hot-rodded too.
Old 2/6/16, 07:26 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 773 Likes on 565 Posts
Sinfield had one of these on coffee cars and comedians.

When it comes to creating the ultimate sleeper, a Volvo is a great starting point. History is littered with lightning fast Volvos, whether they be from the factory, or Frankensteined in someone’s garage. Right now I am staring the latter right in the face and doing everything I can to keep the phone on the table and my wallet in my pants. Just six short hours away from my home sits a Volvo 740 Wagon with a Ford Cobra V8 stuffed under the hood.

Thanks to the wonders of Craigslist, I know that this thing exists, I know it’s for sale, and I know that with just ten-grand and a short drive, I could be embarrassing every Camaro I come across. The want is strong with this one.

Along with the new motor is a new exhaust system, upgraded fuel system, better brakes, track-ready suspension and fresh tires. Oh, did I mention the new T5 manual transmission sitting in the middle?

Be still my beating heart. I need someone to come buy this thing before I buy it myself and give my wife a great reason to call a divorce lawyer.
Old 2/6/16, 10:48 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
Naw, C_Moe, that's ok. Go ahead and buy that thing, have fun!

/It is, after all, still a Volvo 'round that engine...
Old 2/9/16, 09:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Glenn
Sinfield had one of these on coffee cars and comedians.

When it comes to creating the ultimate sleeper, a Volvo is a great starting point. History is littered with lightning fast Volvos, whether they be from the factory, or Frankensteined in someone’s garage. Right now I am staring the latter right in the face and doing everything I can to keep the phone on the table and my wallet in my pants. Just six short hours away from my home sits a Volvo 740 Wagon with a Ford Cobra V8 stuffed under the hood.

Thanks to the wonders of Craigslist, I know that this thing exists, I know it’s for sale, and I know that with just ten-grand and a short drive, I could be embarrassing every Camaro I come across. The want is strong with this one.

Along with the new motor is a new exhaust system, upgraded fuel system, better brakes, track-ready suspension and fresh tires. Oh, did I mention the new T5 manual transmission sitting in the middle?

Be still my beating heart. I need someone to come buy this thing before I buy it myself and give my wife a great reason to call a divorce lawyer.
could always tell her its for the Family, I mean the Volvo Estate (wagon) is a family car....just saying...
Old 2/18/16, 05:29 PM
V6 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Definitely sleeper cars. Just the Volvo's massaged by Polestar will smoke most others on the street.