General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

Bumblebee gets an Upgrade for TF2

Search this Thread

Old 6/14/08, 08:19 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bumblebee gets an Upgrade for TF2

http://jalopnik.com/395991/video-bum...camaro-ss-nose

Has Bumblebee been upgraded to a Camaro SS? Or did Micheal Bay just make him look cooler?

I think this is still the original GTO framed Bumblebee from the first one. The thin concept silver door handles and side markers give it away. BUT, upgrading Bumblebee to SS status is great marketing for GM and Hasbro will get to sell a new Bumblebee toy without it being the completely the same toy from the first movie line. The black chin spoiler and rear spoiler look like the ones from the Camaro Accessories pics from a few months back. Bumblebee's new front bumper is missing the molded in scoop, and has been replaced with a hood scoop. SS hood? GM Accessories hood? No one knows yet, but we'll find out soon. GM will probably have a new Bumblebee replica running around with the production models later this year.

So maybe we should be expecting Bumblebee to be a Z/28 by the time Transformers 3 comes around.

And in other Transformers 2 news...

A silver Corvette prototype (ZR1?) with blue headlights has been spotted on set in Pennsylvania. Sounds like a good candidate for Hot Rod, Mirage, or Wheeljack. Three Hummer HX concepts have also been photographed on set and are being used by the military team supporting the Autobots (same guys from the first movie) who have been named N.E.S.T. They are also using a three wheeled motorcycle with two wheels upfront and one in the rear. A green Chevy Beat has also been spotted. The Autobots really gotta stop landing near GM dealerships!

The only news for Decepticons is that there are two Audi A4, or S4s, rumored to be the twins Runabout and Runamuck.
Old 6/14/08, 08:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by daleksarewimps
And in other Transformers 2 news...

A silver Corvette prototype (ZR1?) with blue headlights has been spotted on set in Pennsylvania. Sounds like a good candidate for Hot Rod, Mirage, or Wheeljack. Three Hummer HX concepts have
I can verify that this is 100% true, because I was on Kelly Drive this past Tuesday when they were filming the car chase for Transformers 2. I seen Optimus Prime and this totally sweet looking Corvette, didn't know what it was until I seen it now. Oh and keep and eye out when the movie comes out. Me and my buddy where on Kelly Drive when we seen the trucks going by, we pulled over by the big rock and climbed to the top while they were filming and the camera crew saw us and filmed us while we were watching...hey, maybe we will make it in the final cut! That would be rad!!!!!

Last edited by CrazyGreek89; 6/14/08 at 08:57 PM.
Old 6/17/08, 04:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

The corvette prototype thing is rumored by some to be the next C7 on some vette forums. Personally I don't believe it since the c7 is scheduled for 2012 and it is mighty early (even though the Camaro was out a while it was out of production the Vette is not)but who knows