General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

Article on recalls

Search this Thread

Old 12/5/05, 04:07 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by 1999 Black 35th GT@December 5, 2005, 5:23 PM
Because he wasn't intending to start a whole discussion but just make an article known.
It's a discussion forum. Posting an article comparing the major auto companies will tend to start a discussion comparing the major auto companies.
Old 12/5/05, 04:31 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by HastaLaVista@December 5, 2005, 7:10 PM
It's a discussion forum. Posting an article comparing the major auto companies will tend to start a discussion comparing the major auto companies.
And he asked not to start a big discussion but to leave it be. I understand what you are saying but its a pretty easy request to respect.
Old 12/5/05, 05:18 PM
Cobra Member

What I do find amusing is Zoran first compared Ford to GM and DC. Someone else brought Toyota into the mix. Didn't let that stop you reporting Zoran. Interesting. Did you report Mark too, the one who added Toyota to the comparison?

Or is it only a problem if someone portrays Toyota in a positive light?

Attempting to direct at the start where a discussion will go is like attempting to herd cats.

Yeah, you can try it, but as long as people are on topic - and they have been - the discussion will tend to go where it wants to, as it should.
Old 12/5/05, 05:34 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Originally posted by HastaLaVista@December 5, 2005, 6:21 PM
What I do find amusing is Zoran first compared Ford to GM and DC. Someone else brought Toyota into the mix. Didn't let that stop you reporting Zoran. Interesting. Did you report Mark too, the one who added Toyota to the comparison?

Can't wait for answers.
Old 12/5/05, 05:52 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Red Star@December 5, 2005, 8:37 PM
Can't wait for answers.
Ask and ye shall recieve.

First of all in Mark's defense, he made the reference of Toyota only after Zoran immediatley went on the negative. I will let Mark reiterate on that if he wishes.

The reason I reported Zoran was the fact that he was putting words into peoples mouths and drawing assumptions from non existent quotes. Zoran you have a tendency to take things personally and when you don't like what is said you attack. If both of you had read what I said in the first post I was basically sticking up for the companies (yes even Toyota) by saying:

I would like to remind fans of EVERY company that recalls are not always bad. But in fact a choice from the manufacturer to give you the quality that you as a consumer deserve.
But that has seemed to elude both of you.

I don't care if you want to put Toyota in a positive light or not but when you directly find nothing but negative things to say for the simple fact of causing friction I do have a problem with that. It's unacceptable to simply try and start arguements for arguement sake on the site.

There are the reasons. If you don't like them, then adjust your attitude towards others.

Now I advise that we heed James's advice. I know for a fact that the mods will not stand for ignoring them whatsoever.
Old 12/5/05, 06:17 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Originally posted by 1999 Black 35th GT@December 5, 2005, 6:55 PM
Ask and ye shall recieve.

First of all in Mark's defense, he made the reference of Toyota only after Zoran immediatley went on the negative. I will let Mark reiterate on that if he wishes.

The reason I reported Zoran was the fact that he was putting words into peoples mouths and drawing assumptions from non existent quotes. Zoran you have a tendency to take things personally and when you don't like what is said you attack. If both of you had read what I said in the first post I was basically sticking up for the companies (yes even Toyota) by saying:
But that has seemed to elude both of you.

Jeff clearly said "Don't make this Asia vs USA things again" which I didn't. I didn't use any foreign company in my comparison (unless you consider DC foreign company). You're the one that used Ford AND Toyota. You said "17% (Ford's number), not bad compared to going to 100% (Toyota's number)." You didn't say Ford's or Toyota's name, but you implied their names by using their numbers of recalls.
Another thing is - you can't accept the facts. Fact is that Ford have more recalls than any other major car company, fact is that Ford is losing money every months and fact is Toyota will be #1 car company in the world in few years (if things keep going the way they're going right now). But you can't accept that. You're acting like everything is perfect, like Ford's sales are high, like their quality is one of the best in the world ... If that makes you feel better, fine, keep saying that, I don't mind. But don't blame me for everything even though I'm right.
Old 12/5/05, 06:21 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Guys,

If you disagree with each other on an off topic either take it to PM's, agree to disagree or use the ignore feature on the forums .
Old 12/5/05, 06:31 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Red Star@December 5, 2005, 9:20 PM
Jeff clearly said "Don't make this Asia vs USA things again" which I didn't. I didn't use any foreign company in my comparison (unless you consider DC foreign company). You're the one that used Ford AND Toyota. You said "17% (Ford's number), not bad compared to going to 100% (Toyota's number)." You didn't say Ford's or Toyota's name, but you implied their names by using their numbers of recalls.
Another thing is - you can't accept the facts. Fact is that Ford have more recalls than any other major car company, fact is that Ford is losing money every months and fact is Toyota will be #1 car company in the world in few years (if things keep going the way they're going right now). But you can't accept that. You're acting like everything is perfect, like Ford's sales are high, like their quality is one of the best in the world ... If that makes you feel better, fine, keep saying that, I don't mind. But don't blame me for everything even though I'm right.
Zoran, again where did I say everything is fine? You are again putting words in my mouth.

If you sell 100 cars and recall 50 of them and brand x sells 25 cars but recalls all 25 of them which is the worst statistic.

The facts are there but again you twist them to your liking. I never said all is well and perfect for Ford whatsoever in ANY post. The fact is no company is perfect. The way you keep talking it sure seems like you insinuate that Toyota is. Maybe thats just me, but it seems that way sometimes.

Where did sales come in to play in this discussion before now? The number of recalls could have been versus DC, GM, BMW or whoever.

As soon as it comes to any inkling of Toyota coming into the discussion you immediatley go on the fritz.

I never blamed you for anything regarding the companies. Why would I? I could care less what you like. It doesn't affect me at all. No offense but you seem to seriously have an issue with taking everything as a personal attack.

Theres nothing for me to accept here except for the fact that you really have a problem. I think you need to sit back and reflect before posting again man.
Old 12/5/05, 06:32 PM
Team Mustang Source

Sorry Galaxie. You posted while I was.
Old 12/5/05, 06:38 PM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
OK . . .I agree with Galaxie. I like a good discussion and I'll entertain Ford vs. whomever arguments all day long . . SO LONG AS IT REMAINS CIVIL.

There is no need for anybody to reflect before posting (the posters in this thread are all quality people) and no need to tell people what they can and can't accept.
Old 12/5/05, 06:39 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Originally posted by 1999 Black 35th GT+December 5, 2005, 7:34 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(1999 Black 35th GT @ December 5, 2005, 7:34 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
If you sell 100 cars and recall 50 of them and brand x sells 25 cars but recalls all 25 of them which is the worst statistic.

[/b]

True, but Ford recalled more vehicles than GM, even though its smaller than GM.

Originally posted by 1999 Black 35th GT@December 5, 2005, 7:34 PM

As soon as it comes to any inkling of Toyota coming into the discussion you immediatley go on the fritz.

You do pretty much same thing then somebody say something negative about Ford.

<!--QuoteBegin-1999 Black 35th GT
@December 5, 2005, 7:34 PM

Theres nothing for me to accept here except for the fact that you really have a problem. I think you need to sit back and reflect before posting again man.
[/quote]

Trust me, I don't have a problem. I just defend what I beleive in. Cars are just one example.

Nice talking to you, I gotta go to class. I hate evening classes.
Old 12/6/05, 05:30 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by 1999 Black 35th GT@December 5, 2005, 7:55 PM
First of all in Mark's defense, he made the reference of Toyota only after Zoran immediatley went on the negative.
That statement is very telling. You went on the negative regarding Toyota before Zoran posted. "So basically Ford's went up 17%. Not bad compared to going up 100%". Please don't try to weasel out with the fact you did not name Toyota, it's quite clear to whom you were referring.

Zoran stated numbers that showed Ford in a negative light. Seemed ok when you did it with respect to Toyota.

The reason I reported Zoran was the fact that he was putting words into peoples mouths and drawing assumptions from non existent quotes.
That's no reason to report someone. Point out his wrong assumption, his inconsistencies.

Inconsistencies like "So basically Ford's went up 17%. Not bad compared to going up 100% but still I would like to see them drop even more." and "I'm going to respect Jeff's wishes [to not make it a USA vs Asia thing]".

Right there, in the your first post in this thread, you made it into a Ford vs. Toyota thing. Before Zoran, before Mark.

Zoran quoted numbers, as did I. The only one who seems to be starting arguments here is you. In one post you state "but when you directly find nothing but negative things to say for the simple fact of causing friction I do have a problem with that." and in another you call Zoran childish and state "quit while you are ahead". See the conflict there?

All he did was debate the numbers. Anyone wants to discuss the numbers more I'll respond, otherwise I'm out.
Old 12/6/05, 08:21 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally posted by HastaLaVista@December 5, 2005, 6:21 PM

Attempting to direct at the start where a discussion will go is like attempting to herd cats.

Yeah, you can try it, but as long as people are on topic - and they have been - the discussion will tend to go where it wants to, as it should.
I DID NOT introduce Toyota to the discussion. It's in the subject line of the topic thread. As far as I'm concerned, what I posted was ON TOPIC.

I do have comments regarding the "firestorm" that followed:

Zoran made a commentary on the article posted but failed to make any commentary about Toyotas recalls (which IS in the article). I made an observation regarding Zoran's post. I didn't say that Ford is better than Toyota or that Toyota sucks. I only stated that Zoran ignored a part of the article. HE than made the explicit comparison between Ford and Toyota. I then stated my OPINION that if Toyota continued to have increased recalls it might affect sales. Again, I made no commentary regarding domestics vs. foreign quality. Zoran agreed and as far I was concerend, that was end of it. If anyone could be blamed for inciting the argument that followed, it is YOU HastaLaVista. You made the statement that Toyotas recalls doubling was meaningless, thus igniting the "firestorm" that followed (in which I did not participate). It spiraled out of control from that point forward.

I will not respond any further on this subject. I voiced my opinion on the original subject and on the comments that followed and have nothing further to say.
Old 12/6/05, 01:11 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Originally posted by TomServo92@December 6, 2005, 9:24 AM
Zoran made a commentary on the article posted but failed to make any commentary about Toyotas recalls (which IS in the article). I made an observation regarding Zoran's post. I didn't say that Ford is better than Toyota or that Toyota sucks. I only stated that Zoran ignored a part of the article.
Well, Jeff this say "don't start another one of those, Asia vs USA things again" so I didn't use Toyota. That's the reason.
Old 12/7/05, 07:22 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by TomServo92@December 6, 2005, 11:24 AM
I DID NOT introduce Toyota to the discussion. It's in the subject line of the topic thread. As far as I'm concerned, what I posted was ON TOPIC.

I do have comments regarding the "firestorm" that followed:

Zoran made a commentary on the article posted but failed to make any commentary about Toyotas recalls (which IS in the article). I made an observation regarding Zoran's post. I didn't say that Ford is better than Toyota or that Toyota sucks. I only stated that Zoran ignored a part of the article. HE than made the explicit comparison between Ford and Toyota. I then stated my OPINION that if Toyota continued to have increased recalls it might affect sales. Again, I made no commentary regarding domestics vs. foreign quality. Zoran agreed and as far I was concerend, that was end of it. If anyone could be blamed for inciting the argument that followed, it is YOU HastaLaVista. You made the statement that Toyotas recalls doubling was meaningless, thus igniting the "firestorm" that followed (in which I did not participate). It spiraled out of control from that point forward.

I will not respond any further on this subject. I voiced my opinion on the original subject and on the comments that followed and have nothing further to say.
Looking back on the discussion I couldn't agree more. Thank you Mark. I'm out too. No sense in keeping this senseless berating afloat.