General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

(Another) New Stablemate for Marilyn!!!

Search this Thread

Old 4/17/18, 01:07 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 537 Likes on 420 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
Firecracker indeed! Actually, I still need ideas for a license plate - I'm sure you're full of ideas, Gabe. Help a brotha out!

Lol, how many letters?
Old 4/17/18, 02:01 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,681 Likes on 1,200 Posts
Ultimately - I walked into the dealership today prepared to order a Granite. But then I spent 15 minutes on their lot and looked at them both again. The Granite just blended in with the rows of vehicles - the whites, grays, silvers, blacks, etc. Then my eyes glanced over to the sole Red Jeep, and BOOM, it popped.

The Red also fits the personality of the vehicle - fun, lively, etc. - and frankly, myself. So I ordered Red AGAIN! I ordered a Firecracker Red Sahara!!! The crappy part is I will lose my D1 status and probably won't get my Jeep till July. UGH.
HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Burton,....this sounds familiar!! lol
Great choice in color Burton. I like the red bro. It POPS!!!
Old 4/17/18, 04:27 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Gabe
Lol, how many letters?
7! Iowa only allows 7. Ugh!

I have an idea for Tony's plate. Ready? 8 characters, but...

UP2DRVWY

Originally Posted by Stage_3
HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Burton,....this sounds familiar!! lol
Great choice in color Burton. I like the red bro. It POPS!!!
Thanks Tony! Thanks for the advice buddy! I ended up STILL getting Red. It just looked too good, man. Too good. The granite was a more mature/muted gray... too serious. Red = fun.

Old 4/17/18, 04:39 PM
Legacy TMS Member

UP2DRVWY

Lol, for Tony I'd say he should get NTDRVN

For your Jeep, since one of the most popular abbreviations for JEEP is Just Empty Every Pocket, I'd say to go with MPTYPKT

Old 4/17/18, 05:24 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,174 Likes on 1,621 Posts

UP2DRVWYThanks Tony! Thanks for the advice buddy! I ended up STILL getting Red. It just looked too good, man. Too good. The granite was a more mature/muted gray... too serious. Red = fun.

For your Jeep, since one of the most popular abbreviations for JEEP is Just Empty Every Pocket, I'd say to go with MPTYPKT

Old 4/18/18, 01:57 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

HA HAAAAAAAAAA

I told you Burton!! The red pops. You want to stand out man.
Glad I could help out. Good luck man.
The following users liked this post:
Gabe (4/18/18)
Old 4/20/18, 09:31 AM
I Have No Life

LOL come on Gabe - that's the best you can come up with??? Empty Pocket? Heck that would be Marilyn's plates 7 years ago! hehe....

Give me some more good ones buddy.

HA HAAAAAAAAAA

I told you Burton!! The red pops. You want to stand out man.
Glad I could help out. Good luck man.
Tony - I am FULLY bought in on the Firecracker Red bandwagon. Bring it on. I can't wait. I haven't had a red vehicle since my 1993 RX7!!! I'm excited.
Old 4/20/18, 09:33 AM
I Have No Life

UPDATE: As you know I ordered Wruby on Monday 4/16 this week - well on Tuesday 4/17, less than 24 hours, I received a VIN # already! So I entered "D" status. The first time I ordered she was in D status after about a week. So I guess that's a good sign - but I'm not going to get too excited. I have seen folks stuck at D and D1 for months. Literally.

But anyways - the process of waiting goes on... trying to stay patient

Continuing to think of good personalized plates... hmmmm
Old 4/20/18, 06:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 144 Likes on 109 Posts
UPDATE: As you know I ordered Wruby on Monday 4/16 this week - well on Tuesday 4/17, less than 24 hours, I received a VIN # already! So I entered "D" status. The first time I ordered she was in D status after about a week. So I guess that's a good sign - but I'm not going to get too excited. I have seen folks stuck at D and D1 for months. Literally.

But anyways - the process of waiting goes on... trying to stay patient

Continuing to think of good personalized plates... hmmmm
Sweet, congrats again. That color does pop....arrest me red is it?
Old 4/22/18, 03:31 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Rog13GTCS
Sweet, congrats again. That color does pop....arrest me red is it?
Thanks Rog!!! Arrest me indeed!!!

====================================
I wanted to have Marilyn pose by her soon-to-be-sister...

That Firecracker Red really POPS!!!

(The Wrangler pictured is a JK though... the JL's are to the left and right)

Old 4/24/18, 01:26 PM
I Have No Life

UPDATE!!!

Wruby went into D1 status yesterday! woohoooooo. Target ship date is 5/10! That's sooner than I thought.

The insane part is my first order was slated to ship on 4/21, and it JUST got to KZ status yesterday, so it's on its way to our dealership end of this week. So, it's been fairly accurate. Hopefully, I'll get to drive her home by mid May.

Had I stuck to my order, I would have gotten her end of this week!!!

Side note, I am really digging the new front face/grille/headlights of the JL. It has OEM running halos... love em. The front end is just SO MUCH BETTER than the old JK Wranglers.

Last edited by FromZto5; 4/24/18 at 01:27 PM.
Old 4/24/18, 03:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

UPDATE!!!

Wruby went into D1 status yesterday! woohoooooo. Target ship date is 5/10! That's sooner than I thought.

The insane part is my first order was slated to ship on 4/21, and it JUST got to KZ status yesterday, so it's on its way to our dealership end of this week. So, it's been fairly accurate. Hopefully, I'll get to drive her home by mid May.

Had I stuck to my order, I would have gotten her end of this week!!!

Side note, I am really digging the new front face/grille/headlights of the JL. It has OEM running halos... love em. The front end is just SO MUCH BETTER than the old JK Wranglers.

I love that shot, that's where I'd like to be. You'll have to head to Colorado and try some off roading.
Old 4/24/18, 03:35 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

No offense Burton but Jeep fronts all look the same to me. I drove a rental four door Wrangler in Vieques while on vacation a few years ago. It was a blast to be able to go wherever I wanted. But I wouldn't be buying for the looks but more for the capability of the vehicle. With that said I still think that combo (especially in red) looks like a Wrangler.
Old 4/25/18, 02:06 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

That's bad *** Burton!!
I bet your excited for it. Just in time for summer cruising!
Old 4/26/18, 02:49 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Rog13GTCS
I love that shot, that's where I'd like to be. You'll have to head to Colorado and try some off roading.
You know what - I might just have to at least TRY offroading, one time. I'm worried of all the dirt and scratches or worse breaking something. LOL. I am sure, despite the flatness and corn-ness of my Iowa home state, there's gotta be some trails I can ride on. This is all new to me... Wrangler ownership. Apparently it's a CULT.

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
No offense Burton but Jeep fronts all look the same to me. I drove a rental four door Wrangler in Vieques while on vacation a few years ago. It was a blast to be able to go wherever I wanted. But I wouldn't be buying for the looks but more for the capability of the vehicle. With that said I still think that combo (especially in red) looks like a Wrangler.
Gary, WHAT!?!?!? You don't notice the difference? LOL. The new JL's look SO much better. I love the curve in the grille, and the new running fender lights... and of course the new headlights. Mmmmmm delish.

Thanks for the props in red. Heck yes. I love it.

That's bad *** Burton!!
I bet your excited for it. Just in time for summer cruising!
You know it Tony!!!

==============================================

UPDATE:

So my dealership informed me that Wruby (the Doppelganger clone) arrived TODAY off the truck. For those of you not following the thread till now, she's the original JLU Sport I ordered earlier, before I changed my mind. So now, she's not "mine" anymore, unless I bought them BOTH. HAHA.

I must admit, I still like it. I think I would have been happy with the Sport... but I'll be happIER with the Sahara :thumbsup:

Check out the personalized window sticker Fiat Chrysler does for their customers who order. Love it. I'm saving that.

These are the pics from the dealer, so I didn't take 'em. What do you think of the combo Red Sport, with the upgraded wheels (OEM) that I picked for her? Does she look good? Would I have been happy?

Last edited by FromZto5; 4/26/18 at 02:50 PM.
Old 4/26/18, 03:43 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I remember seeing my Charger's sticker ... it had my name on it too

I like that red thing above, I think you would've been happy with it, but you would've always held back some love for the things you'd be missing that you'll be getting with the Sahara.
Old 4/26/18, 06:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

[QUOTE=FromZto5;7028895]You know what - I might just have to at least TRY offroading, one time. I'm worried of all the dirt and scratches or worse breaking something. LOL. I am sure, despite the flatness and corn-ness of my Iowa home state, there's gotta be some trails I can ride on. This is all new to me... Wrangler ownership. Apparently it's a CULT.

Lol, if you offroad dirt, mud and scratches come with the territory. I'm sure there are unpaved roads to try where you wont get scratched. Check out some of the you tube channels. Waylife is good, I enjoy his videos. He's lifted his JL and put 37's on her, and yeah he has a few new battle scars on his 50k Rubicon.
Old 4/26/18, 07:27 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Scratches dings and lots of mud give it street cred!!!
Old 4/27/18, 02:25 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Check out the personalized window sticker Fiat Chrysler does for their customers who order. Love it. I'm saving that.
Awesome stuff Burton!! My Ram sticker was personalized as well. Very cool. I like the Red a lot. Good choice!!
So,....how much longer till the "real" order comes in? lol
Old 4/29/18, 09:14 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
You know what - I might just have to at least TRY offroading, one time. I'm worried of all the dirt and scratches or worse breaking something. LOL. I am sure, despite the flatness and corn-ness of my Iowa home state, there's gotta be some trails I can ride on. This is all new to me... Wrangler ownership. Apparently it's a CULT.
Burton, you're thinking about wheelin' your Jeep but you've made it 6 years without ever tracking your blown Mustang GT???

Off-roading is fun but you gotta be 100% prepared to do damage to your ride, including scratches and I'm not sure you can handle that, knowing your detailing obsession!

Quick Reply: (Another) New Stablemate for Marilyn!!!