General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

2013 Honda Civic

Search this Thread

Old 11/13/12, 01:01 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Zastava_101
By reading internet forums, you would think that everybody wants a BMW M3 type of excitement in a car; yet, majority of cars sold are smaller economical cars.

everyone does want a fun fast good looking car...! But a cheap ugly slow car is what most people can afford.
Old 11/13/12, 01:06 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Flagstang
everyone does want a fun fast good looking car...! But a cheap ugly slow car is what most people can afford.
I don't wanna start another discussion, but if what you just said was true - Mazda would be outselling Toyota.
Mazdas are fun, fast, good looking and cheaper than Toyotas. Yet, Toyota outsells them by a wide margin.
Old 11/13/12, 01:34 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Toyota sells because of a great reputation that has been passed down through the years. They are truly not better than their competition nowadays. The fact is people don't know. Enthusiasts think German means better because they watch Top Gear. Just about everything now is good for 3/36. If you plan on keeping your vehicle longer than 3 years, better do some research.
Old 11/13/12, 01:37 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
It's funny that you guys keep bringing up everyone, but I don't buy a car for everyone, I buy it for me. :enoughsheepinthisworldalready:
Its funny how you pick fights with everyone.
Old 11/13/12, 01:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 97GT03SVT

Its funny how you pick fights with everyone.
I don't want to fight. I'm just pointing out that sheep buy cars that everybody else likes and I buy cars that I like. If I wanted to fight, I'd say, put up your dukes!!! Lol

Last edited by 11SHELBYGT500; 11/13/12 at 01:41 PM.
Old 11/13/12, 01:42 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
Toyota sells because of a great reputation that has been passed down through the years. They are truly not better than their competition nowadays. The fact is people don't know. Enthusiasts think German means better because they watch Top Gear. Just about everything now is good for 3/36. If you plan on keeping your vehicle longer than 3 years, better do some research.
I think part of it is the buyer too, for years Honda has been considered the sporty alternative to Toyota. Some buyers, perhaps most buyers prefer the cushy ride of a Toyota. I have owned all makes and models and one thing I feel Toyota excels in is customer service. I've never seen an equal in that part of car ownership.
Old 11/13/12, 01:45 PM
Cobra R Member

I don't want to fight. I'm just pointing out that sheep buy cars that everybody else likes and I buy cars that I like. If I wanted to fight, I'd say, put up your dukes!!! Lol
Sorry, hard to gauge tone on a forum. But back to the subject I think in base trim the civic is probably the sportiest in it's segment. Honda didn't need to update the car the sheep you speak of would have bought it either way. Honda is doing this to try to salvage it's declining reputation on north American and I applaud them for that.
Old 11/13/12, 01:50 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Originally Posted by 97GT03SVT
Some buyers, perhaps most buyers prefer the cushy ride of a Toyota.
+1.

I love my Honda Fit, but that thing is so **** uncomfortable.
Old 11/13/12, 06:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
I think it also has to do with the positive press for Toyota and Honda. Those red circles in Consumer's Reports are much more attractive than the black circles the American manufacturers get. A lot of people have a difficult time making an educated decision so they let the media do it for them.
Old 11/13/12, 07:12 PM
Swamp Donkey Aficionado

Its funny how many people hate Civic; yet, its the best selling compact in the USA (by a wide margin).

I like this 2013 Civic, it looks much better than the previous one. As long as they have improved the interior, Civic is the best buy in the compact class (again).
Which "previous one"? The all-new 2012 Civic, that's now being replaced by an all-new 2013 model? Now that's funny, regardless of what kind of sales figures you want to throw our way.
Old 11/14/12, 01:17 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

I don't wanna start another discussion, but if what you just said was true - Mazda would be outselling Toyota.
Mazdas are fun, fast, good looking and cheaper than Toyotas. Yet, Toyota outsells them by a wide margin.
but mazda has a small market because they have a odd style. I like mazda but toyota is so plain and bland.
Old 11/14/12, 01:18 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

+1.

I love my Honda Fit, but that thing is so **** uncomfortable.
my fiesta was nice and comfy
Old 11/14/12, 03:18 AM
FR500 Member

But everybody here like mustangs

Imo tho the civic fills its niche perfectly. And many tototas do as well. Thats why they sell in such great numbers
Old 11/14/12, 07:49 AM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Originally Posted by MARZ
Which "previous one"? The all-new 2012 Civic, that's now being replaced by an all-new 2013 model? Now that's funny, regardless of what kind of sales figures you want to throw our way.
Just tells you that Honda actually listens to their customers and take care of problems as soon as they happen.
Old 11/14/12, 07:52 AM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

toyota is so plain and bland.
And they are also outdated and expensive.

Yet, they sell so well (#1 in the world so far this year) ...

Hmmmm ....

I guess not everyone wants a "fun fast good looking car".
Old 11/14/12, 08:49 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

just shows you old people want to buy the same car over and over. I think it comes down to price and not fun.. I bet you if a mustang was the same cost as a yaris it would out sell it.
Old 11/14/12, 09:02 AM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

I think it comes down to price and not fun
If it came down just to price, Kia Optima would be the best selling mid-size car. Heck, Chevy Spark should be best selling GM's car.

I think it comes down to much more than just the price. Most of the people care about reliability, re-sale value, fuel economy, space and similar things about the cars.
Otherwise, Toyota wouldn't sell so well. They're not cheap and they're boring as hell so we know people are not buying them because of the price or because of a "fun" factor - people are buying them due to above reasons.

People who care about "fun" factor only are those with either large wallets or those who're going through a middle-life crisis or ... pretty much kids who just got their driver's licenses.
Old 11/14/12, 09:06 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

why cant you admit that people buy toyotas because some cant swing the price of a new mustang? Lots of peopel wont buy a kia because they still do nto trust the korean off brands.
Old 11/14/12, 09:16 AM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

why cant you admit that people buy toyotas because some cant swing the price of a new mustang?
Why wouldn't they be able to afford a Mustang? Somebody who can afford a Camry or Avalon or Tundra or Sienna can for sure also afford a new Mustang.

And why would a family of four or five want a car with a 2 door, limited trunk space, limited back-seats space and big V6/V8?

Lots of peopel wont buy a kia because they still do nto trust the korean off brands.
Well according to you - that shouldn't matter. It's the price that sells the cars, not anything else.

Last edited by Zastava_101; 11/14/12 at 09:18 AM.
Old 11/14/12, 09:23 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Why wouldn't they be able to afford a Mustang? Somebody who can afford a Camry or Avalon or Tundra or Sienna can for sure also afford a new Mustang.

And why would a family of four or five want a car with a 2 door, limited trunk space, limited back-seats space and big V6/V8?

Well according to you - that shouldn't matter. It's the price that sells the cars, not anything else.
Price is a big factor when buying a car(you of all people know this). I do not know any family of 4 or 5 that own a sadan. Most own SUV's or crew cab trucks here. The econ sadans are mostly driven by those with a long commute.

Most guys that own a toyota couldnt trick a women into a bedroom to even get some to have kids so I think its a none issue.

Quick Reply: 2013 Honda Civic