2012 Dodge Charger Super Bee

Search this Thread

Old 1/27/12, 05:54 AM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
2012 Dodge Charger Super Bee

I soooooooooooo would

This is my Lottery win daily driver

The 2012 Dodge Charger SRT8 Super Bee harkens back to the original Super Bee from the 1960s and its mantra of affordable performance.

Starting with a Charger SRT8, Dodge applied unique Yellow Jacket graphics on the rear quarter panel and an emblem on the grille. Further Super Bee changes include unique 20 x 9-in. cast aluminum wheels and black (instead of red) Brembo calipers. Performance is the same as a standard SRT8, which is powered by a 6.4-liter Hemi V-8 producing 470 bhp and 470 lb.-ft. of torque.

The suspension is similar to the SRT8’s, but the Super Bee doesn’t have active damping, most likely as a cost-cutting measure.

In the cabin, the SRT8 steering wheel is standard on the Super Bee, but the paddle shifters are optional. The black cloth seats are adorned with the Super Bee logo and
a silver and yellow “Z stripe.” Another Super Bee emblem is found on the passenger side of the dash.

Production for the 2012 Dodge Charger SRT8 Super Bee is limited to 1000 units, with 500 available in Pitch Black and the other 500 in Stinger Yellow. Pricing hasn’t been announced but Dodge says that it will be somewhere between Charger R/T and the SRT8.

And therein is the buzz surrounding this new Dodge: The new Super Bee offers you SRT8 power, but at less of a price than the SRT8 model. Ordering starts in December, with vehicles arriving in the first quarter of 2012.

Old 1/27/12, 05:57 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
one problem, it has 4 doors.
Old 1/27/12, 06:21 AM
GTR Member

Which makes it a perfect family car for me. Just so long as I have my '05 and a School Bus Yellow '13 Boss 302 in the garage for the weekends
Old 1/27/12, 06:25 AM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
I think I saw one of those at my old dealership the other day. Didn't pay much mind to it figuring it was just a charger. I'm glad that dodge at least has enough nads to build cool card. Now if they could only make them reliable.
Old 1/27/12, 08:15 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ShaneGT
one problem, it has 4 doors.
Zing.

IMO - It's the only thing keeping the Charger from being the only modern Muscle Car (as opposed to Pony Car) - and my relatively traditional definition would be:

Muscle Car - an relatively blase American full-seized, FR sedan available in a 2/4 door design, with a lot o' motor & signature graphics.

I'm sure it would not benefit the modern market, but... SHAVE TWO DOORS!
Old 1/27/12, 08:28 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Pretty sure that's a 2013 Mustang dude.

I'm just kidding. I like this a lot more than the regular SRT8. I still like both the Charger and Challenger. I'd take one of these Chargers. Its more than enough car for the roads here in the US and has torque enough to make anyone happy. But I dont know where they can say its inexpensive like the old cars were.
Old 1/27/12, 10:42 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
no do not like it. it also needs more yellow.
Old 1/27/12, 10:53 AM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Automagically
But I dont know where they can say its inexpensive like the old cars were.
Well cars these days have much more standard features than they did back then. I mean, back then you had to pay extra even for things like air condition, which pretty much every car has standard these days.
Old 1/27/12, 11:57 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by Flagstang
no do not like it. it also needs more yellow.

Yellow enough for ya?

Old 1/27/12, 11:59 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by Kinyodas
I'm sure it would not benefit the modern market, but... SHAVE TWO DOORS!

Courtesy of AutoTooner (member on here)

Old 1/27/12, 02:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Twin Turbo
Courtesy of AutoTooner (member on here)

Now that i like!
Old 1/27/12, 02:26 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Twin Turbo
Yellow enough for ya?

looks better in yellow
Old 1/27/12, 05:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would rock another one in a heartbeat (no Chev punn intended)

Here is my 07 that I sold last year. KW Coilovers and tune. It was a monster! I can only imagine it with 70 more hp.

Last edited by fastduo; 1/27/12 at 05:45 PM.
Old 1/30/12, 08:16 AM

That Suber Bee frippery looks like something to appeal to a teen-something -- very cartoonish at best. The car itself, minus adolescent stylistic silliness, is very good though.
Old 1/30/12, 09:49 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by rhumb
That Suber Bee frippery looks like something to appeal to a teen-something -- very cartoonish at best. The car itself, minus adolescent stylistic silliness, is very good though.
You do remember an original don't you?
Attached Images  
Old 1/30/12, 06:17 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Probably the most underrated muscle car ever.
Old 1/30/12, 06:26 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 776 Likes on 567 Posts
I like it except for the cheesy seat covers.
Old 2/1/12, 08:13 AM

You do remember an original don't you?
Know it more than remember it (was probably 6-7 when they first came out). I still think that bumble bee things is pretty silly even if the rest of the car is some pretty serious performance stuff. I'd be happiest with the mechanical goods without the show boat ornamentation.
Old 2/1/12, 10:04 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by rhumb
Know it more than remember it (was probably 6-7 when they first came out). I still think that bumble bee things is pretty silly even if the rest of the car is some pretty serious performance stuff. I'd be happiest with the mechanical goods without the show boat ornamentation.
It's just a nostalgia piece. I understand why you'd think the bee is a bit too much but that's the way the car was. I'd like a boss without the stripes but I respect the heritage and deem it very livable. I'm working off of the theory that these things are not variables. If they had offered the packages in a low key setting like the R/T that would be gravy!

But I'm a sucker for car culture gimmicks. I like the markings are subdued a bit but the seats would be embarrassing a bit.

I wasn't comin' at you brah! Just asking. I'm too young to know what the original was like when they first showed up. The best thing Chrysler had when I was 6 or 7 was Shelby Daytona or Omni, maybey that Maserati built car.
Old 2/2/12, 02:37 PM

It's just a nostalgia piece. I understand why you'd think the bee is a bit too much but that's the way the car was. I'd like a boss without the stripes but I respect the heritage and deem it very livable. I'm working off of the theory that these things are not variables. If they had offered the packages in a low key setting like the R/T that would be gravy!

But I'm a sucker for car culture gimmicks. I like the markings are subdued a bit but the seats would be embarrassing a bit.

I wasn't comin' at you brah! Just asking. I'm too young to know what the original was like when they first showed up. The best thing Chrysler had when I was 6 or 7 was Shelby Daytona or Omni, maybey that Maserati built car.
Sometimes I wonder if you could do a factory special order and basically tell them NOT to put some stuff on the cars (cartoonish stickers) and/or, in the case of the current Boss, just paint the thing one color.

I understand the retro references, but for some of us of a certain age, or of slightly stealthier inclinations, a tone down option would be nice rather than having to go for the full-on clown show to get the zesty mechanical bits. I loved the Bullett models for that reason: Steve McQueen in a tasteful black turtleneck rather than Rodney Dangerfield in a Zoot Suit.

Last edited by rhumb; 4/10/13 at 08:02 AM.

Quick Reply: 2012 Dodge Charger Super Bee